And Many More Birthdays To Come

The Im Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At a cozy camping-style themed barbecue restaurant, they celebrate Youngjae's fourth birthday, for the first time as an official (in the eyes of the law, after months of grueling paper works) family, and of course their good friends Mark and Jackson are there to celebrate it with them.

"Youngjae-ah, what does the birthday boy want to eat?" Mark, who is sitting across the little boy, asks with a smile on his face.

Said birthday boy looks up from sipping on his apple juice and bounces in his little blue folding chair, while Jaebum (who has his eyes on the menu in his left hand) is making sure to keep his right hand on the back of the chair so that his son doesn't tip and fall over in his excitement.

"Chicken!"

The answer comes with a big grin and Mark can't help but to grin back, his heart melting by the second.

"Chicken is the best," Jackson, who is seated next to his boyfriend, adds with a big smile of his own and leans over the grill in the middle of their little circle to high-five the little boy. He does a victory pump with his fist when Youngjae eagerly holds up his small hand to touch his uncle's bigger one, agreeing 100% that chicken is indeed, the best.

Jinyoung's eyes are crinkling around the edges, a fond smile on his face, and he leans down to comb his fingers through Youngjae's soft brown locks.

"Sunshine, shall we get the dinosaur chicken nuggets?"

Jaebum lowers the menu in his hand down to his son's face so Youngjae can see the kids menu section with a large picture of the restaurant's signature dinosaur nugget dish, and Youngjae all but gasps in awe.

"Yes, papa, want this!"

Youngjae's small chubby hands make a grab for the menu and Jaebum lets him grab it, already having made sure what to order for themselves so they don't have to worry about the menu anymore. He figures this will keep the little one busy until their food arrives. While he calls over a waiter to tell their order, Jinyoung is hunched over while pointing at different things on the menu card his son is holding.

"This is lamb steak, say lamb steak, sunshine," Jinyoung explains and Youngjae slightly furrows his eyebrows in understanding, before he's trying to say the two words.

"Lem teak," is Youngjae's answer and he shoots his papa a big smile because he is super duper proud of himself for saying such difficult grown up words.

Jackson lets out a laugh while Mark is sniggering too, and Jinyoung promptly bends down to give Youngjae multiple smooches on his chubby cheeks because his son is just so adorable and Jinyoung is just so completely smitten.

When Jaebum is done with ordering, he looks at the scene in front of him, and he's mentally cursing the gods because why are his eyes watering? However, before he can get even more sentimental, he's pulled out of his thoughts when Mark shoots him a knowing smile and takes a sip from his soda.

"These one and a half years went by fast, didn't they?"

Jaebum glances at Jinyoung and Youngjae doing silly faces together and quirks a small little smile.

"They sure did," he agrees with his friend. "I can't believe we're here, all together, celebrating his fourth birthday already."

"Not to mention as an official family," Jackson quips in and Jaebum has to grin at that. "And besides, there will be co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter