1/1

Hidden in Motion with You

We are runnin' so fast

And we never look back

And whatever I lack, you make up

We make a really good team

Though not everyone sees

We got this crazy chemistry

Between us

 

Taehyung broke into a blinding grin at the sight of Hoseok entering the room. Jimin was lying on his back in their shared room, his loud snores resonating, indicating that he was sound asleep.

 

Hoseok held his thumbs up, igniting a mischievous glint in the other conscious boy’s eyes. It didn’t take Taehyung  more than five minutes to descend from his bed.

 

Taehyung followed Hoseok out of the room, careful to be on his tiptoes in order to maintain the reticence in the room.

 

“Are we good?” Taehyung asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

 

The question had only three words, but it sufficed to convey many more questions, consecutively about how the car would be managed, the plan of action, the security of inconspicuity, and the destination.

 

Hoseok only smirked as he led Taehyung outside their apartment building after securing the lock from the outside on the door of Namjoon and Jungkook’s shared room from the outside.The next morning, Namjoon and Jungkook wouldn’t be too happy (especially if one of them needed to use the toilet) but some things were worth the hassle.

 

“Do we run now?” Taehyung asked once they were safely outside the apartment building.

 

The security guard threw them an odd look, hearing Taehyung’s question, but Hoseok only needed to place a wad of cash on the table to get his point across tacitly. 

 

Hoseok scoffed at the ridiculous question and tossed a key at Taehyung, “You think I’m that whimsical? That’s more of your strong point.”

 

“You want me to drive?” Taehyung asked, clearly surprised.

 

“Do I have a driver’s license?”

 

The faux pas on Taehyung’s part didn’t lighten up the atmosphere. the atmosphere up. Rather,  helicked his lips nervously- a signature habit that gave away the tension he tried to hide- staring at the car as if it was an extraterrestrial device he had no idea how to use.

 

Seeing the signs of anxiety beginning to bloom on Taehyung’s face, Hoseok assured, “It’s fine. You’ve passed your driving test in one go, and hey, if we die, at least Joonie won’t give us hell tomorrow.”

 

That was all it took for Taehyung to settle into their car.

 

“Where to?”

 

“Just steer wherever you want to, hun.” Hoseok pinched Taehyung’s cheek playfully.

 

A set of pearly white teeth flashed, “Roger that.”

 

Taehyung slammed his foot down on the accelerator, relishing the chuckle that left Hoseok’s voice before he let out an enthralled scream.

 

“Turn the music on,” Taehyung requested, to which Hoseok raised an eyebrow.

 

“My voice isn’t enough for you? I’m offended.”

 

Taehyung smiled at his boyfriend’s petulance, but he knew that soon the car would be filled with booming music because if there was one thing Hoseok loved during a drive, it was the reverberation of blasting music filling his senses.

 

“Remember the first time we were talking about going on a drive together?” Hoseok suddenly asked, rolling the windows down despite the air conditioner being on.

 

The gust of air that sent Taehyung’s blonde locks flying was warm in comparison to the cool air that blanketed them a moment ago from the air conditioner. Taking note of Taehyung’s discomfort, Hoseok turned the dial and switched off the AC.

 

“Can’t we just roll the windows back up?” Taehyung whined, trying not to take his eyes off the road.

 

“You look cute with your hair flying in every possible direction like that,” Hoseok let out a light chuckle, as if the compliment didn’t just set Taehyung’s cheeks on fire. “Anyhow, do you remember our discussion?”

 

Steering to the right, Taehyung nodded, “Seokjin butted in and said that we’d probably destroy the car.”

 

“Well, we’re doing fine so far.”

 

Taehyung nodded in assent. “I don’t know why everyone thinks that we’ll be destructive, anyway. If anyone is, it’s Namjoon alone.”

 

Hoseok laughed, and they fell silent again.

 

“Play some music, please,” Taehyung requested, his tone softer this time, and he knew that it would work.

 

Rolling his eyes, Hoseok turned the radio on and surfed through the channels.

 

“Honestly, why is everything so angsty? Can’t I enjoy a nice night out with my boyfriend without depressing music?” Hoseok whined, settling on a Troye Sivan song.

 

“I’m offended. You think depressing music will ruin our late night escapade? Are your feelings that fickle?” Taehyung jabbed, and a murmur of ‘brat’ from his companion made him giggle.

 

“Don’t do that.”

 

“What?”

 

“Giggle like a schoolgirl.”

 

“You love it,” Taehyung stuck out his tongue.

 

“Can’t deny that,” Hoseok hummed once before rapping along with Maidza, and the unusually energetic duo fell into a companionable silence.

 

They couldn’t keep their mouths closed around anyone else, but when it came to each other, they were complacent with savoring every moment together regardless of silence or noise.

 

“You know, Troye Sivan led me towards confessing to you,” Taehyung admitted after a while, earning himself an eyebrow lift from his partner.

 

“And I thought you did it because of my amazing self.”

 

“No, I mean, I never would have worked up the courage to tell you how I felt if not for Troye Sivan.”

 

“Please tell me that I don’t need to be jealous of an Australian guy I’ve never even met,” Hoseok said with a melodramatic sigh punctuating his sentence.

 

“Don’t worry, you don’t have to be jealous. At least, not of Troye Sivan,” Taehyung stuck his tongue out at Hoseok again, who made a show of rolling his eyes. “I mean, after listening to his songs I realized... while my youth will last a long time, I don’t know how long that would be. But I knew that I was young, and you were all I needed to be forever young.”

 

“Youth again? Was I too quick to think that you’re done with puberty?” Hoseok joked, making Taehyung sigh in exasperation.

 

“Seriously, Hoseok? I went through the pains of coming up with in an impromptu speech and you just completely… I’m turning back.”

 

Taehyung steered to the right, opting to take the road back home when Hoseok, with no sense of danger, wrapped his fingers around Taehyung’s wrist and tugged lightly.

 

“Hey, hey, I was just kidding. Don’t turn back. I was just really embarrassed and happy.”

 

It worked because Taehyung was usually touched by these small gestures of affection. Taking one hand off the steering wheel, he placed their now intertwined fingers over the gear shift, slowing the car down.

 

“I’m surprised you haven’t started screaming out of fear yet, given how fast I was driving.” Taehyung said after another long while of silence.

 

“I trust you enough to not get me in an accident,” Hoseok winked, all too aware of the effect he had on Taehyung.



Jump starting your car 'cause this city's a bore

Buying e-cigarettes at the convenience store

Making new clichés on our own little tour

Let's ride

 

You don't have to say, "I love you," to say I love you

Forget all the shooting stars and all the silver moons

We've been making shades of purple out of red and blue

Sickeningly sweet like honey, don't need money

All I need is you

All I need is you, you...

 

Taehyung impatiently tapped his fingers against the steering wheel, waiting for Hoseok to return. Shrouded in a haunting atmosphere in the middle of the night where nearly everything was empty, Taehyung found himself wondering whether Hoseok was freaking out by himself.

 

He smiled a little at that thought, almost feeling bad for wishing that Hoseok would be scared. He couldn’t blame himself though. A frightened Hoseok meant that Taehyung would probably be tackled in a hug the first thing and…

 

His little fantasy was interrupted when Hoseok came back into the car, seemingly unaffected by the barren darkness poorly illuminated by streetlights. Despite being a little disappointed, Taehyung brightened at the sight of the older boy, wondering exactly when he’d become lovesick enough to feel saddened by five minutes of separation.

 

“What did you buy?”

 

“Instant ramen for Jungkook and Joonie as an apology gift, some packets of chips, beer and cola,” Hoseok listed, counting on his fingers.

 

“We’ll probably end up eating up the ramen.”

 

“We probably will,” Hoseok sent Taehyung a lopsided grin as he said the words.

 

Taehyung looked away and focused on the road, heat rushing to his face again as he started the car. This was new for them. Their overwhelmingly busy schedules almost never allowed them to have time for themselves, and whatever time they had was intruded upon by their five friends. That was part of the reason why they set off on a clandestine, spontaneous journey in the middle of the night when everyone was asleep.

 

The assiduity of their lives had prevented them from taking their relationship any further, and Taehyung thought he was content with the simple title of Hoseok’s boyfriend but the older wasn’t and apparently made no attempt of hiding his dissatisfaction. The appetence for some private time inspired the impetuous decision and so far, Taehyung hadn’t regretted it.

 

“I wish we could’ve been in the suburbia or something,” Hoseok looked out the window, the wind against his hair giving his face an innocent highlight. “We could see stars there, and the night sky would be really pretty.”

 

With a pause, he added, “Not prettier than you though.”

 

“What’s with you and the compliments? You barely ever acknowledge my amazing physiognomy,” Taehyung nearly hit the brakes instead of the accelerator, muttering an ‘oops’, making the other boy laugh.

 

“Nothing much really. Maybe I’m just feeling romantic tonight,” Hoseok snorted at the end of his sentence before adding, “Maybe we’d see a shooting star and wish for more time together. Then I’d compliment you all day and night.”

 

Taehyung cringed visibly, trying to act like the corny attitude didn’t excite him.

 

“Didn’t I tell you already? You’re my Holy Grail, I don’t need to rely on these myths for my wish to come true.”

 

“You’re embarrassing.” Hoseok said, knowing that he was being hypocritical.

 

“I know,” Taehyung added with a pause, “You love me.”

 

“Doesn’t that go without saying?”

 

“It does. I love you too.”

 

“No , Sherlock.”

 

Hoseok looked out the window, his face set aflame. Taehyung pretended he didn’t notice the little shift in Hoseok’s demeanor, because he knew a statement would lead to denial. And Hoseok looked ethereal under the changing colors of streetlights. Who was Taehyung to risk the loss of such a view?

 



We try staying up late

But we both are light weights

Yeah we get off our face, too easy

And we take jokes way too far

'Cause sometimes living's too hard

We're like two halves of one heart

We are, we are, we are

 

You don't have to say, "I love you," to say I love you

Forget all the shooting stars and all the silver moons

We've been making shades of purple out of red and blue

Sickeningly sweet like honey, don't need money

All I need is you

All I need is you, you

 

Hoseok took a swig of his beer can, making Taehyung scrunch his nose. “How do you stand alcohol?”

 

“Simply by not being Kim Taehyung,” Hoseok laughed heartily, making Taehyung wonder if the alcohol had already started to take its effect. “But really, you should try it sometime. Especially when Jimin is eating your head off with his nagging.”

 

“You nag more than him.”

 

“I get privileges.”

 

“Maybe when I keep getting NGs by the director for my acting, I’ll casually whip out a drink and take a swig. It’ll calm me down.” Taehyung rolled his eyes.

 

Hoseok laughed hysterically, choking on his drink.

 

“Never knew you had that sass in you, my boy,” Hoseok said between intermittent laughter, throwing his head back on the backrest, hitting it a little too hard.

 

“I’m full of surprises,” Taehyung remarked, smiling.

 

That wasn’t anything humorous, but the induction of alcohol made Hoseok laugh even more. The can of beer slipped from his hand and splashed on the car’s floor, creating a mini puddle of beer. Hoseok took off his wet shoes and pulled his feet up on the seat.

 

“God, Hoseok, you just ruined the car!”

 

“Chill, we’ll head to a car wash.”

 

“At two AM?” Taehyung questioned, and Hoseok sheepishly sent a smile his way.

 

“Sorry for being a lightweight.”

 

“Whatever, I’ll fix it or something,” Taehyung laughed, finding Hoseok’s pout adorable.

 

“You know, this atmosphere is just… so us…” Hoseok trailed off, making Taehyung raise an eyebrow.

 

“Us?”

 

“Like, tomorrow, when Seokjinnie drives to his Uni in this car, even if we don’t say anything he’ll know that you and I were in here.”

 

“How so?”

 

“Please, you can’t completely get rid of everything that transpired here. It’ll linger in the air like pheromones. It’ll keep drawing us here again and again cause I really wanna go on drives with you… again and again and again...”

 

“You’re drunk,” Taehyung stated, and Hoseok rolled his eyes as he turned sideways on the seat, swinging his left arm around the backrest and rolling up the window to rest his head on. He propped his feet up on Taehyung’s lap dangerously, who did nothing to protest.

 

“If I get into an accident, it’s your fault.” Taehyung grumbled a while later, when Hoseok playfully started jabbing at the said boy’s stomach with his big toe.

 

“Okee… I’ll testify to God that my big toe was too distracting for my pretty boyfriend so I’ll go to hell instead of you.” Hoseok spoke, looking relatively sober.

 

Taehyung threw a blase expression Hoseok’s way before saying, “If you slam your head against the window and end up having shards of glass in your brain, it’s your fault.”

 

“I’ll testify to the doctor too,” Hoseok said again and Taehyung burst into laughter. Again.

 

“You’re impossible.”

 

“I know, babe. But you love me for that.”

 

It was Taehyung’s turn to say, no , Sherlock.

 



Eat a pill stay and chill, you don't need to go

I'm about to bring emo back if you leave my home

I'd panic at the disco and you'd rather watch a TV show

Then I'll squeeze your booty real hard like I'm kneading dough

Pizza boy, I'm speeding for ya

We can get married tonight if you really wanna

Me in a cheap suit like a sleazy lawyer

And if you break this little heart, it'd be an honour

 

We're not a commercial for anyone else

We go out for coffee

And keep it to ourselves

We make little homes out of three-star hotels

And I know what you're feeling

'Cause I feel it as well

 

‘You’re blushing a lot tonight,” Hoseok pointed out after seeing Taehyung’s reaction on an offhand comment of his own.

 

“Well you have a pretty smile,” Taehyung stuttered the words out, eliciting laughter from Hoseok.

 

“Boy, you’re cheesy,”

 

“You’re cheesier, Hoseok; don’t even go there.” Taehyung spoke, his eyes focused on the road as he swerved right to avoid a truck.

 

“Want to see who’s cheesier?” Hoseok challenged.

 

“Bring it on, darling,” Taehyung smiled.

 

“Okay, we’ll list things that we like about each other. And then we’ll see who can cheese the other out.”

 

“You’re on, sweetheart.”

 

Hoseok was unimpressed at that, “Cringe. Well, for one, I really love your eyes. They’re like the prettiest eyes I’ve seen on earth, and that’s mostly because they’re yours.”

 

Taehyung thought for a moment before speaking up, “Your smile. It’s like the sun itself. And don’t even get me started on your dimples.”

 

“I like your attitude. It’s the cutest thing ever how you’re petulant in the weirdest of ways yet so funny at times.”

 

“You light up my world, I love that.” Taehyung smirked, knowing that this one was bound to ‘cheese Hoseok out’.

 

It was a success mostly because he could see Hoseok’s face turn red.

 

“I love how you always know what to say to me,” Hoseok looked down at his hand, satisfied after delivering a vital blow.

 

“I love how you make me blush,” Taehyung replied, sending a cocky grin.

 

Hoseok’s head whipped around to look Taehyung in the eye, his expression speaking ‘seriously?’ Taehyung only smiled as if ascertaining, seriously.

 

“And I love how you blush,” Hoseok purred, gaining the upper hand.

 

Taehyung bit his lips, contemplating what to say next.

 

“You’re y when you bite your lips and I’d be damned if I didn’t love it.”

 

Hoseok poked Taehyung’s cheek with his toe, making him raise an eyebrow for the nth time that night.

 

“It was my turn.”

 

“Go twice in a row. What’s the big deal?”

 

Not finding anything to say, Taehyung spoke, “I love your… optimism. And Kindness?”

 

“Why are you asking me?” Hoseok laughed.

 

“I don’t know,” Taehyung shrugged, “Your turn.”

 

“You sure you don’t want to resign already? I have plenty of things to say. For example, how long and pretty your legs are, and your thighs are so-”

 

“Okay, fine! You win! I quit. And that was cheating,” Taehyung’s face was positively crimson, and Hoseok exploded into hysterical fits of disgusting (Not really) cackles.

 

“Is my Tae-Tae embarrassed?”

 

Taehyung spoke, “It should be illegal to talk like that when I’m driving. The competition was to cheese the other out, not creep the other out with erted remarks.”

 

“Excuse me for forgetting everything when you’re here. Don’t blame me for being hot yourself.”

 

“I thought we were finished! You won already so spare me.”

 

Hoseok laughed, “God, you’re so cute. I just wanna marry you right now.”

 

Eager to change the subject to avoid a possible collision with an oncoming car, Taehyung said, “By all means, do so.”

 

“If you say that again, I really will.” Hoseok said in what he thought was a threatening tone, and Taheyung had to suppress his laughter at the fact that his boyfriend made it sound like an undesirable scenario.

 

“I’m up for it. But I’m not sure if you’ll find anyone that would be that will be willing to marry two men.”

 

“We have our church right here, honey.” Hoseok smiled and took a breath.

 

Apparently Taehyung had greatly misunderstood Hoseok’s seriousness since soon after his remark, Taehyung could hear a speech that probably was supposed to be a wedding vow. “I, Jung Hoseok, take Kim Taehyung…”

 

Taehyung’s eyes snapped towards Hoseok as he came to a harsh break in the middle of the street, and Hoseok thanked the heavens that the road was completely empty. He’d started off pretty nicely, but with Taehyung scrutinizing him, he felt a lot less bold.

 

“To be my husband… though not really lawfully wedded but no one gives a so… Yeah, to love and to hold… I choose you as the person I’m going to spend the rest of my life with and until death do us part. So… do you?”

 

“I do,” Taehyung replied, maybe a little too eagerly, but he’d always been impulsive so he couldn’t blame himself for it.

 

“Good… but can you please start driving now?” Hoseok said meekly, embarrassed by the coup de foudre.

 

Letting out a deep chuckle, Taehyung started driving again, hoping no traffic police saw him halting suddenly.

 

“You know you just cursed in a wedding vow. Who curses in a wedding bow?”

 

“I did?” Hoseok’s reply was sheepish in a manner that made Taehyung guffaw.

 

After fifteen minutes of small talk and occasional silence, Taehyung spoke up, “You know… I’m sleepy.”

 

“But you’re driving.”

 

“Yeah but… the wedding ceremony was tiring,” Taehyung joked and despite the lack of humor in the sentence the both of them laughed.

 

“I really wanted to travel the whole night,” Hoseok ran his fingers through his hair.

 

“I really do too but... please?”

 

“Just a little more? We don’t know when we’ll be like this next. Think of it as honeymoon, maybe?”

 

Taehyung sighed in aggravation but nodded.

 

“Let’s go back home, then, if you’re going to be like that,” Hoseok snapped, no longer feeling lightheaded.

 

Nodding, Taehyung turned the car around only to realize that they’d lost their way. Needless to say, their little row was long forgotten as they giggled at their own silliness.

 

“Guess we both got what we want, huh?” Hoseok asked.

 

Taehyung agreed, feeling relieved that his insistence on returning home didn’t ruin the atmosphere between them, especially after they (un)officially got married.

 




 

You don't have to say, "I love you," to say I love you

Forget all the shooting stars and all the silver moons

We've been making shades of purple out of red and blue

Sickeningly sweet like honey, don't need money

All I need is you

All I need is you, you


 

It was four thirty AM when Taehyung and Hoseok arrived home. Gently unlocking the door of Namjoon and Jungkook’s room from the outside, the two tiptoed into the living room, placing their bags of food on the table, seating themselves on the couch.

 

“Buying the instant ramen was useless, wasn’t it?” Taehyung scrutinized the cup of shrimp flavored ramen.

 

“We did know that we’d end up eating it,” Hoseok replied, taking the cup from Taehyung’s hands.

 

“Do you think we’ll be found out?” Taehyung suddenly asked, pressing his right cheek on Hoseok’s shoulder, who placed his chin atop Taehyung’s head.

 

“Nah,” Hoseok ascertained Taehyung, threading his fingers through soft, blond locks, seeing his own orange strands mixing in with yellow ones.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Can you discern the blades of a ceiling fan?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Cause they’re moving too fast.”

 

Nuzzling against Taehyung’s hair, Hoseok spoke, “And that’s what we’ll do. We’ll move too fast for anyone to find out about us. The motion will shield us.

 

“It better hide us, husband,” Taehyung nudged Hoseok.

 

“And you better know I was dead serious about the vow, husband.”

 

“The curse word proved it,” Taehyung snorted, but the completely unamused countenance Hoseok wore stopped him. “Okay, okay, me too. Just let me sleep now.”

 

“Sleep all you want, but I swear, if you sleep on the vow, you won’t get to be forever young.”

 

Peering up at Hoseok through lashes fluttering from the struggle of keeping his eyelids open, Taehyung said, “I guess I’m Peter Pan, then.”



A.N: This one is for trash101. Crappy Birthday you little (You ruined mine so don't give me your disgusting pout face).