ㅡ p r o l o g u e ㅡ

Never Yours

 

Never Yours
prologue ㅡ a checkup

Author's Note
here's a small little prologue for you guys! it's just to pick up some momentum for this fic (and so that i can continue to keep my inspiration ahaha). thank you to the people that have subscribed, and if you haven't yet, you should do it! hope you guys enjoy! :)


“Do Kyungsoo?”
 
A man’s head immediately shot up. “Yes?”
 
“The patient is now permitted to have visitors.”
 
He walks into the room and sees his longtime friend sleeping on the hospital bed. His heart rate is steady; his eyes are closed. “How is he, doc?” The doctor seems relaxed as he explains, “He’s been touch and go for a while, though he’ll be fine now. He’ll need to stay in the room for a few days in order for full recovery.”
 
Kyungsoo lets out a sigh of relief. “Thank god. I was starting to get worried about him. If I couldn’t see him for any longer, I would’ve had a heart attack.” The doctor smiles. “And that would be one more patient for me to check up on.”
 
Kyungsoo chuckles. “Right. Hopefully that won’t happen any time soon; I’m only in my 30s.” The doctor nods, saying, “So long as you take of yourself, I’m sure you’ll live peacefully. Same goes for Jongin.”
 
Jongin’s eyes slowly start to open; the expression on his face expressing some kind of confusion. Kyungsoo and the doctor take a glance at him. Kyungsoo waves, and Jongin waves back. “I’ll let you go speak to him for a couple of minutes.”
 
Though Kyungsoo was happy that he could finally talk to his best friend again, his changed expression showed a bit of worry. “Doctor, should I bring up what happened to him or wait until he’s better?”
 
“I’d rather wait until he’s ready to talk about it. This nearly cost him his life; try to be at ease first.” Kyungsoo nods his head. “Alright. Thank you, sir.”
 
Kyungsoo walks over to the hospital bed, where his friend lay staring up at the ceiling. “Hey, Sleeping Beauty.” They both laugh. “I’m glad you’re okay, Jongin.” Jongin turns his head over to Kyungsoo. “What are you doing here?”
 
Kyungsoo sighs. “Well, I mean, it’s my lunch break, so I wanted to buy food at the new ramen place a few blocks away, but I thought the food here would be better for me. You know, with health and all of that stuff.” Jongin turns his head back to look at the ceiling. “You’re pretty funny.”
 
Kyungsoo took the seat right next to him. “First of all, I think I’m quite funny, mind you. Secondly, I think you’re absolutely hilarious considering how your life was in danger and you’re stuck in a hospital for the next few days, yet you still ask me why I’m here.”
 
Jongin smiles. “Touché.”
 
Kyungsoo warms up to the sight of Jongin being able to smile again. “But, back to why I'm really here, I honestly don't know. This is something I never thought would happen to you. I noticed you haven’t been yourself for a while, and I thought it was because of what I said before. If it is, I’m really sorry about--”
 
“Don’t be sorry about anything,” Jongin sternly interrupted. “None of this was your fault. It’s mine.”
 
All of the things Kyungsoo wanted to say had gone out from his mind. He only had one thing left to say.
 
"What really happened, Jongin?"