Can't stop, won't stop

Can't stop, won't stop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

 

“You just don’t understand Kibum. We can’t keep doing this.” Jinki says with a frustrated expression.

His pink hair is blowing lightly in the wind, his skin the perfect hue of pale caramel. Kibum thinks that their leader looks perfect like this. His plump, pink lips match his bubble gum pink hair and he is still dressed in his stage attire, he is inviting and that seems to be the current problem.

The younger man has his arms crossed across his chest in a defensive manner. His protective attitude is three fold. Firstly, Jinki is looking exceptionally attractive and he can’t do anything. Secondly, the pink haired man is currently telling him off and thirdly, he is being told off for something that he shouldn’t have to abide to.

“Hyung…” Kibum glances around awkwardly because he wants to drop the honorifics but there are too many potential lenses around, both in terms of cameras and eyes. “… I completely understand but you were okay with this up until now, why the sudden change?” Kibum clears his throat, his striped blazer shifting as his frame also adjusts in stance. He curses the glimpse of his multi-coloured hair in the car parked behind the leader because it seems to be mocking him given his current mood and situation.

“It’s not sudden Kibum…it has been brewing for a while but you are so brazen lately and I can’t be playing games. I can’t lose everything…WE can’t lose everything just because of some stupid antics.” Jinki explains, his voice is almost a whisper to make sure none of their conversation travels on the wind.

“That’s really what you – you know what, never mind. If this is all a game to you then I guess this problem is solved.” Kibum spits in an equally low whisper as he walks towards the parked car, his shoulder bumping against Jinki’s striped shirt on the way.

The leader sighs in defeat as he ruffles his hair and kicks the nearby wall in retribution. He just ed everything up and he doesn’t know if it is fixable this time.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

The rest of the evening passes in a blur. They traipse from one schedule to another. Rounds of makeup, stage clothes, fake laughter and prosthetic smiles. Jinki’s body is drained as always but the stress in his mind is causing a feeling of lassitude to entirely encompass him. He glances over to the closed door of Kibum’s bedroom and knows that he should leave well alone and go to sleep, but he also knows that if he doesn’t air this out then sleep will probably never find him. Once all of the other members have retired to their rooms, he makes for the familiar wooden door. He hesitates for a good ten minutes, talking himself into knocking before he finally goes through with it.

“Yeah?” He hears Kibum’s small and tired voice ask and he takes it as his cue to walk in. Upon the meeting of their gazes, the younger’s body visibly stiffens.

“Can we talk?” Jinki tentatively wonders as he hovers by the doorframe.

“That depends, have you come to apologise?” Kibum’s words are edged but there is a vulnerability in his tone that shows he is just as rattled as Jinki is right now.

“Kind of… I came to sort things out.” The leader hesitantly replies, remaining still and unmoving by the entryway.

“Come in then.” The answer is curt and stiff but it isn’t a rejection and so Jinki gains a little glimmer of hope.

There is nowhere to sit in Kibum’s room besides the bed – something he is only just noticing because it isn’t usually an issue – and so he stands awkwardly as he watches Kibum flick on the lamp and sit upright against his pillows.

“I didn’t mean what I said earlier, about this being a game or a joke. I’m sorry.” Jinki’s hands are restless as they play with the corner of his night shirt, but his eyes hold sincerity and are unwavering.

“Okay. Apology accepted, even though it really hurt to hear that.” Kibum resigns and shifts the round, gold-rimmed glasses up the bridge of his nose. The leader notes the book laid open and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter