01.

ethereal beauty

❝ Friendship. ❞

 Sehun has always been so full of himselfFrom kindergarten till high school, Oh Sehun never change. His attitude pretty much annoys people around him, but one thing for sure; Park Chanyeol found him adorable. At times, of course. The elder didn’t know what makes him so attractive that he made the first move to approach Sehun with his usual wide—creepy—grin.

Sehun was petrified.

Never in his life has he seen such smile that could make one stumbled backwards at just one glance. Sehun was exaggerating; that was what their teacher informed him when Sehun decided to scream and made a fuss about it. No matter how much he tried to convince his teacher that he has seen an alien (which is Chanyeol); he got ignored and eventually got sent home.

Chanyeol was lost.

He didn’t know what he has done to make Sehun scream and call the teacher for help. He was just smiling. Was his smile too broad? Was it too weird? Or was it his ears? Chanyeol convinced himself that Sehun was just surprised to see his ears that seem like an alien. He was upset about it, but he shook the thoughts aside considering that Sehun was still a child who’s probably scared of everything.

Their age wasn’t that far, for Chanyeol, but Sehun was just too tiny, and he looks so fragile that it suddenly makes Chanyeol wanted to protect him with all his might. That might have sound too cheesy for a little kid, but it was true.

So when the next day arrived, Chanyeol decided to bring along chocolates to bribe Sehun for later. He knew Sehun loves chocolate. Sehun loves for chocolate is indescribable.

The first step was never easy.

Chanyeol had to keep calling Sehun like he was calling a kitten, but instead of coming closer, Sehun went further from the elder. His face does not say anything, though, and somehow that relieves Chanyeol. At least he’s not disgusted or scared.

It took him half an hour; running and screaming around the playground for Sehun just to get his friendship. Sehun was too fast—way too fast for Chanyeol to catch up seeing that Chanyeol isn’t that good in running.

Chanyeol was about to give up, but Sehun came in time to poke him at his shoulders and offered him his small hand for a handshake. Chanyeol couldn’t believe his eyes when the younger did that. Nevertheless, he reached out for Sehun’s tiny hand in his big one and gave them a slight shake. They sat under the tree after that; sharing stories of each other’s life sharing the chocolates. Chanyeol was glad he was born witty because he loves seeing the smile on Sehun’s face whenever he cracks up a stupid joke.

Chanyeol went home with a very, very, very wide smile that it questioned his whole family about what had happened in school that day. Chanyeol never told them, though, because he thought it was a secret only he and Sehun know. But nonetheless, he would tell his mother sooner or later.

That day, a friendship has bloomed.

 

❝ Exquisite ❞

Years passed, and the both of them has grown taller and older. Their friendship never changed, that’s for sure.

Chanyeol was glad that he could observe Sehun growing old in front of him, but the younger’s abrupt change in height irritates him the most. Chanyeol hoped that Sehun would be shorter than him at least by 10 centimetres away. He even imagined how cute and tiny Sehun would be when he’s beside him. (Chanyeol wasn’t sure why the thoughts of tiny and small Sehun made his heart beats a little faster.)

His image was then crashed when they visited the hospital together for Sehun’s health checkup. The doctor has told them that Sehun would be at least 178 centimetres long and Chanyeol could swear on his ferret that the information is enough to make him jump. But the doctor had to add that Sehun would grow a little by little—maybe 5 centimetres away more—and now Sehun is 183 inches.

It was honestly the most annoying thing that has happened to him.

But Sehun stays shorter than him, and Chanyeol should be glad about it. At least he’s a few centimetres taller from the younger though Sehun could now reach for his head quickly because of his long limbs. If it hadn’t been because of how hot Sehun looks in tight jeans, he would have to chop Sehun’s legs off. 

Sehun grew up to be someone he hadn’t expected him to be.

Chanyeol has always thought Sehun’s face would turn out to be like his father, but Sehun’s face looks rather feminine and cold—unlike his father who always had this smiley face. He imagined Sehun’s body as well defined and masculine, but he was surprised Sehun has this beautiful curves along his waist till his thighs. His didn’t do any justice to it either.

Sehun’s body was just too odd for him.

But he likes them.

Sehun’s fingers are very delicate and beautiful that whenever Sehun do something, Chanyeol would always stare at the younger’s fingers (not just his fingers.) Chanyeol found something so y about how Sehun would sway his hips whenever he walks. Sehun’s legs were long like the one models always had. Sehun’s eyes would create a crescent shape whenever he smiles or laughs. His skin was pale too—like the snow in December. There will be a tint of pink on his cheeks if he’s shy, angry nor embarrassed (Chanyeol thought it was adorable and beautiful.)

Everything about Sehun screams ‘perfection’ and Chanyeol wouldn’t dare to look away even just a second.

Because Sehun was just too exquisite.

 

❝ Love ❞

Chanyeol mustered up all of his courage to confess to Sehun after they graduated.

Luckily for him, the feelings between his and Sehun’s were mutual. Sehun didn’t hesitate. Instead, he cracked laughter and told the elder that he likes him too. Chanyeol was glad he didn’t get rejected because it will be too embarrassing and he was sure that it would put an end to their friendship and Chanyeol refused to stay away from Sehun no matter what the situation is.

They planned the future together.

Chanyeol couldn’t bear staying away from Sehun. He told the latter a lot of irrelevant excuses to why he doesn’t want to break away from each other. It was nonsense, but Sehun likes it when Chanyeol made up such excuses just to be with him. So they ended up choosing the same university. Sehun however, refused to choose the same career Chanyeol has always wanted. He thought it was too challenging and Sehun hates commitment to work.

Being the understanding boyfriend he has always been, Chanyeol didn’t bother to force Sehun about it. Instead, he told him that he would root for him no matter what and that alone succeed in making Sehun fluttered.

Chanyeol loves the idea of Sehun blushing and getting crazy embarrassed because of him.

Because that’s how it was supposed to be.

Sehun should keep an eye on him only and vice versa. Sehun is his; Chanyeol would always remind himself every day about it though how unnecessary it was. The constant reminder Sehun would always tell him before they drift off to sleep about how much he loves the elder never seems enough to Chanyeol. He wants more of Sehun. He wants all of him.

He’s not obsessed; he was sure of it.

He just loves Sehun too much to even imagine him with someone else.

 

❝ Happiness ❞

Their plans went well.

They graduated together as they had planned together. Chanyeol was just too happy that he can finally wear the white dress doctors had always had on their body every day when they’re working. Chanyeol has always thought it was cool. And to be thinking Sehun would be proud of him, it made his desire to become one of them increases. Chanyeol was glad he got to make it to the day people would call him “Dr.Park.” real soon.

As for Sehun, he was comfortable in opening a small café in town. He told Chanyeol that it was for the heartbroken people to come and enjoy the hot beverages he offered so that they would ease away. Chanyeol thought it was ridiculous, but Sehun made the best coffee and hot chocolates, that’s for real.

Chanyeol didn’t know Sehun could be so caring of others that the purpose of his café was to cure those with heartache. Nevertheless, Chanyeol believes that the drinks Sehun would be making will heal those people.

Chanyeol had gone through those days, but Sehun’s coffee has always made him better. That was another reason why he loves Sehun.

Sehun is a good listener.

Even when Chanyeol is a mess, Sehun loves him through his worst. He never complains, not even once. Sehun’s cuddles were warm and comforting. The words coming from his pink lips never fail to make Chanyeol stopped crying. Sehun would always rub Chanyeol’s back up and down and sometimes he would draw a circular motion on it because he believes that would make the elder feel better, and he was right.

There were times their cuddles would turn out into something else.

The view of Sehun murmuring words he could not register in his mind when the younger was under him, the moans echoing in his ears, back scratching and neck grabbing—Chanyeol loves all of them. They would stop at least at 2 in the morning and Chanyeol would always insist on continuing in the morning.

It was slow and relaxing in the morning, and Chanyeol noticed how Sehun would bite his lower lips just to keep himself quiet from the pleasure Chanyeol was showering him with.

They would cook pancakes together after that. Chanyeol’s pancakes would always be out of shape and a little burnt from being too distracted watching Sehun beside him. Sehun’s pancakes were perfect; round and fluffy. Chanyeol had always think Sehun is a good cooker and that he was blessed to have someone as beautiful and talented as Sehun. Sehun would roll his eyes at the elder’s cheesy remarks, but deep down, he loves how Chanyeol would complement him from time to time.

Sehun loves Chanyeol’s profound and hoarse voice whenever he talks.

He had to admit it made him flinched on his seat sometimes whenever he came out of nowhere from behind him or when they were yelling out of frustration and anger. Chanyeol’s voice attracts Sehun the most. When he sings, Sehun will listen to him attentively with a smile plastered on his face. When he talks, Sehun didn’t bother to focus on what he’s talking; instead, he examines Chanyeol’s face, still with a smile on his face. He knew Chanyeol would get all mad at him, but he couldn’t care less as he would shut the elder up with an unexpected kiss. Sehun knew how much Chanyeol loves kisses from him.

They were each other’s happiness, and there’s nothing more they could ask for.

 

❝ Cold ❞

It was then when things had changed entirely the day Chanyeol was promoted as the youngest successful doctor at the hospital where he works for.

Sehun was happy for him, of course. After all, who wouldn’t? They were married after a while, and no wives (in his case, husband) would not be proud of their husbands’ success. Sehun was one of them. He was too happy to even describe it with words that when Chanyeol got home, Sehun attacked him with a huge bear hug and it made Chanyeol laughed about how silly his baby is.

At first, it was going smooth. But then Chanyeol started to arrive home at least after midnight, and it worries Sehun a lot. Chanyeol should have a lot of rest regarding how busy he was.

Sehun didn’t mind if Chanyeol came home late and still greets him with the usual wide, creepy grin and huge hugs and the constant babbling about how tired he was—but Chanyeol changed. Instead of the usual wide, creepy grin; he greets Sehun with a cold stare and a placid face. Instead of giving him huge hugs; Chanyeol would just walk pass through Sehun without any words. Instead of the cute babbling; Chanyeol would yell at him for whatever reason there is.

It was heartbreaking for Sehun to receive such treatment from his loved one.

The cold treatment continues for days, weeks, months—and still counting. Sehun was devastated, disappointed in Chanyeol’s weird behaviour; but he insisted on staying on the positive side that Chanyeol was just too tired even to deal with anything. After all, Sehun was the one who would always insist Chanyeol to have a good rest. So why is he complaining now?

Maybe it was because of his cold treatments, or maybe it was the way his eyes flicks in annoyance, or maybe when his voice sounds like he was too tired even to talk—or maybe the cold stare Chanyeol would shot him with.

It was odd for Sehun.

Chanyeol has never been this kind of person, and Sehun would never imagine Chanyeol as someone like that. Chanyeol is a warm and kind-hearted person, how could he turn into someone who looks into Sehun’s eyes like Sehun was just a mere stranger?

Thinking that he have had enough for the past few months, Sehun decided to stay at his café for a few days until Chanyeol cools down. Besides, his café was for those with heartache. Sehun thought it was the best idea to go there and enjoy his hot chocolate, alone, for the time being.

However, Sehun did not expect the unexpected visit of someone he barely knew to their house that night. It wasn’t a typical visit—but that kind of visit Sehun would always tell Chanyeol—the one where the visitor would be on their bed, screaming this familiar name with so much pleasure and joy. The one Sehun hates the most. Chanyeol knew about it, and yet he did it with no hesitation.

The younger didn’t know if Chanyeol had seen him or not, but the pain was too much to bear alone that he ran outside of the apartment so fast he couldn’t feel himself breathing anymore. Sehun didn’t stop running, however, not until he reached the bus stop that he decided to halt a stop to his feet. The night was too silent for his liking; the darkness was almost the same as his brain right now.

Sehun cried so hard that night, and it didn’t matter to him anymore about the cold air caressing his skin so gently.

It was cold, and that was when Sehun wished Chanyeol was around.

 

❝ Separation ❞

Sehun didn’t bother to go home for at least a week.

It slowly killing Chanyeol of the other’s sudden disappearances and he had called for hundreds of time, but Sehun refused to pick up his calls. Chanyeol thought of the places Sehun would go the most but failed in finding them.

In his confusion and fret that Sehun decided to show up at their front door.

Chanyeol has asked so many questions that there might not be a single question he hadn’t asked yet, but Sehun remained silent. The silent was killing Chanyeol on the inside. Sehun has never been so quiet like today. Sehun was always the bubbly one, the happy one—but the Sehun he saw today was the opposite. Chanyeol noticed that his body was a little tiny than usual. Was he losing weight? Sehun’s face was dark and placid it almost made Chanyeol scared of what will happen next.

There were no gleams of stars anymore in his beautiful pair of eyes; they were instead replaced with a dark, cold stares.

Has he done something wrong?

What has happened to him?

Is he okay?

Are we okay?

It was as if Sehun had read Chanyeol’s head that he turns around to meet the elder’s eyes. Chanyeol was confused. Sehun was staring at him for at least a few seconds before he handed out a piece of paper that has been in his pocket the whole time. Chanyeol didn’t waste any time in reaching out the paper and ripped it open only to be shocked by the words typed down on the letter.

“Sehun, what is this?” He asked face contorts in disbelief.

“A divorce later,” Sehun said it almost too easy that it made Chanyeol’s shoulders dropped. “I thought you knew how to read. My bad.”

“I know how to, but this is nonsense!” Chanyeol noticed the sudden raise of his voice and he’d expected Sehun to flinch because he would always do that; but he didn’t. Instead, the latter raises one of his eyebrows at him.

“That’s pure honesty. I’m done, Yeol.”

“But I’m not--,”

“That’s better than to have to hear about my death, innit?” his pupils were shaking, he was now gripping on the end of his sweater and Chanyeol can see the sadness in his eyes. “Unless you’d like the idea of my death. Deal with it, Yeol. Just—be happy.”

With that, Sehun walks passed Chanyeol just to open the door or their apartment along with his stuff, leaving the other speechless.

To separate with Chanyeol was the hardest decision he has ever made, but it was for the best. If Chanyeol wanted to keep the attitude, then he’d rather be alone than to feel hurt again and again by the cold treatment.

So Sehun came up with separation. He thought it was the best option because he’s no chances left to lend it to Chanyeol. The latter had used them all up without thinking first, and Sehun has had enough of hurting and heartbreaking just because of it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

{ author's note }

guys guys guys i am back hohohoho but with a different story obviously huhuhu i am sorry but after the trip with my family earlier, an idea came out of nowhere and tadah! i created this......irrelevant plot of chanhun. i have always liked chanhun ok dont judge me because i know you guys have better pairing. huhuhuhuh but yeah i love those two. <3 

i hope you would like this one since i like it and i didnt think its too boring but i cried along the way lol as usual, i am sorry for any grammar mistakes and enjoy!

 

THIS IS NOT THE END YET I WILL POST CHAPTER 02 (THE ENDING) NEXT TIME WHEN I HAVE AN IDEA HOW TO END THIS. OKAY??? OKAY. SOOOOOOOO ENJOY MUA MUAH