Dancing in the Rain - Chapter 8

Dancing in the Rain

The next day, TEEN TOP was once again out of school due to a schedule and Soomin decided to just skip the day, not being able to bare meeting the new student was taking over Yun's seat. All seven of them went on with the day, depressed about the previous month's failures to find their friend, but little did they know about what was happening in their absences at Gongbu Academy.


The next day Soomin slowly walked to the campus. Ricky was walking beside her, both remained silent, not looking forward what the day had in store of them. They were mostly frightened that Hyuna may had gotten to the new student and turned her or him into one of her faithful followers. If so, then when they were able to get Yun back, how would she stand a chance against Hyuna then?

They entered the school, not noticing the change in atmosphere from all the previous times. They walked into the classroom and sat down. Soomin laid her head down on the desk, while Ricky just took out all of his supplies need for the class. They both sat down, deep in their own thoughts until someone interrupted them. 

Ricky looked at the person and nodded towards him. "Is there something that you need Niel hyung?"

Niel shook his head. "Nothing, just want to see how you two are holding up." he said then turned his head to the empty seat behind his dongsaeng where she would usually sit.

Ricky sighed. "I don't know yet; we haven't seen the new student."

"Nor Hyuna for that matter." added Soomin. "We're afraid that she might have gotten to them already. Just what we needed, another Hyuna follower."

"You haven't heard?" The three looked to one of the other classmates in the room.

"Heard what?" she asked him.

"Hyuna and her mother were arrested and are going to be trial today for abuse. Some of the teachers here were arrested too for having with an underage student." he said as he took his seat.

The three looked at each other and they were about to ask him about the new student when the bell rang and the teacher walked in. She looked at her students then her eyes landed on Niel. "Ahn Daniel-ssi, please go back to your classroom." she said. Niel nodded and decided to leave through the back door. "As you know, the new student didn't show up yesterday, but she is present today. Please come in, Yun."

'Yun?' Niel thought as he stood in the back near the door. As followed, Park Yun walked into the classroom and bowed to all the students.

"It's nice to see you all again." she said with a smile.

"YUN!" shouted Ricky and Soomin as they ran up to the front and hugged her tightly.

"Don't ever leave like that again!" demanded Soomin as her eyes brimmed with tears.

Ricky nodded. "We want you here, forever and ever, Yun!"

Yun smiled at them and hugged back her best friends. "I'm sorry for making you worry."

"Yun...." Niel called out, making everyone's attention turn to him.

"Ahn Daniel-ssi, I told you to go back to your classroom and Park Yun-ssi, Choi Soomin-ssi, Yoo Changhyun-ssi, go to your seats; you all can have your reunion later." said the teacher as the four bowed to her and did as they were told.


At lunch time, both Soomin and Ricky took one of Yun's hands and dragged her to the lunchroom, expecting a nice long story from her. They sat her down between Ricky and Niel and everyone exclaimed how excited they were to have her back. Ricky turned to her and hugged her. "Now, tell us your story, Yun!" Everyone nodded and the story began.

"That day, umma came to the school, telling them that she was pulling me out of the school for good since she didn't have the money to pay for my tuition. The headmaster thought that it was a strange idea to pull me out and not Hyuna since I had the scholarship and I argued with umma there and he found out that I was disowned, thus having no one to pay for my tuition."

"My family could have paid for your tuition!" said Soomin. "You didn't had to run away because of that!"

Yun shook her head. "I couldn't burden you nor your family. I wanted to find a way to continue attending Gongbu Academy myself. So, I packed all the stuff that belonged to me and left the house. To be honest, I barely had any money with me and I had no clue where I was going. Fortunately, my second day of sleeping in the park, this nice elderly couple found me and took me in for a couple of days. However, they were only in Seoul visiting their grandkids and soon had to go back to Daejeon. I asked them to go with them, since I had nowhere else to go and they accepted.

'They told me, that if I was going to stay with them, that they had someone renting a room in their house and I didn't mind. When we went to their house, I meet him. He was walking down the stairs, going to greet the couple when he saw me and I saw him.

'At first, we didn't seem to accept it. I mean, how could fate had led us to one another? But it did. He was my father and we finally found each other. We spent the rest of the month, getting to know each other again since its been years since we last saw each other. When I told me about how the house life was like for me, he became very upset and was able to report it to the police."

"If that happened, why didn't you come back early?" asked Changjo.

"It took a while to process and to get enough evidence to fully convict them. It was only yesterday that they got both umma and Hyuna. The police investigated both of them thoroughly and I found out much more about umma because of that." Yun sighed. "Appa, he's a composer. At first he worked for a small company in Daejeon, but he contacted Soomin's father."

"My father?" asked Soomin.

Yun nodded. "I told appa that I wanted to continue schooling here and he was determined to allow me to do so. He contacted your father and he was able to transfer and become a composer at TOP Media."

"Our company? He's going to be composing songs for our company now?" questioned CAP.

Again, she nodded. "He's currently working on a song right now for you guys with Eric-nim for your comeback much later; though, the song he's working on isn't the title track."

"Ahh~" Everyone continued to ask her about some other things and when Niel was just about to say something, the bell rang and everyone got up to leave. Niel quickly reached out and grabbed her hand, making everyone in the group to look at him.

"Do you mind meeting be after school? In the courtyard?" he asked, nervously.

Yun looked at him, a blush forming on her face. She opened to say something, but nothing came out; instead, she just nodded and he smiled, letting go of her hand to go to class.


Yun walked out of the building, opening her umbrella to step outside in the rain. She looked at the empty area as everyone had left as fast as they could because of the rain. Taking a deep breath, she walked to the courtyard and saw that she was the only one currently there. She closed her eyes and stood there, listening to the sound of the rain as it hit the pavement below her feet and the umbrella over her head.


Niel stuffed the remaining of his stuff into his book bag and ran out of his classroom as fast as he could, but ended up running into L.Joe. "Hyung! I'm in a hurry!" he said, getting up.

"We know you're in a hurry!" commented L.Joe.

"We just wanted to tell you that you had our support!" stated Ricky as he pumped his fist in the air. Everyone smiled and did the same.

"Everyone..." started Niel, but he wasn't able to finish his sentence.

"Here, let me hold your bag." said Chunji as he took the bag out of his hands. "You just go for it." 

Niel nodded and ran towards the courtyard where she was waiting for him. He ran out into the rain and stopped a few feet away from her, seeing her just listening to the rain. He silently walked towards her, not want to disturb her yet. When he was in front of her, under her large umbrella did he say her name. "Yun."

Yun opened her eyes and jumped, startled that was just there. "Niel oppa, you scared me!"

He chuckled at her then smiled. "Sorry about that." he said and they remained silent for a moment before he called out her name again.

"Yes, oppa?"

"Just call me Daniel." he said, softly smiling down at her.

Yun looked down, feeling her cheeks get hotter and hotter each moment. "Daniel...." she whispered.

He placed his hand on her shoulder. "Please say it again." he said, liking the way his name sounded when she said it.

"Daniel." she repeated, looking up at him.

He smiled again then extended his hand out. "Dance with me?" he asked.

She looked at him then shifted her eyes to his hand. With a smile, she nodded and took his hand, dropping the umbrella, letting the rain embraced them both as they danced.

The two danced in silence, but there was no need for words at the moment, not when their body language spoke for themselves.

'I like you.'


----


And this finishes Dancing in the Rain. I really did enjoy writing this and I do hoped that you enjoyed reading this. :)

If you happened to see that this story was updated after this, it's mostly because I'm probably doing some minor editing, 'kay?

Comments = <3

<3 blacknightsky