Dancing in the Rain - Chapter 7

Dancing in the Rain

It's been a month since Park Yun left Seoul and nobody, not even the police, had been able to find out where she was. Since that day, whenever the TEEN TOP boys weren't on camera, they were usually very silent from everything in the world and if you could look into their eyes, you could tell that they were still sad. Even Choi Soomin has become more antisocial; only talking to Ricky, but otherwise, she wouldn't talk to anyone else.

The only ones that seemed happy that she was gone were her younger twin sister and the group of girls that followed her. You could have see the happiness on Hyuna's face each day whenever she walks into the classroom and see the empty seat behind Ricky.

Nobody else seemed to care about Yun's disappearance. Even when she was one of the school's best students, with her gone, nobody cared anymore except the kingkas and Soomin.


It was after school one day and Niel was sitting on his normal windowsill, looking out into the courtyard as the rain poured down. He sighed as he kept his watch out for the girl that would normally dance in the rain, but even when he did that, the only thing on his mind was Yun.

"Hyung?" Niel turned his head and saw Ricky walking towards him. "What are you doing?" he asked, peering out the window.

"One day," he started, "I saw this girl dancing in the rain. I'm just here to see if I can see her again." After he said that, he noticed the look on his group mate's face as he became even sadder to the point of tears.

"Niel hyung, it won't be possible to see her since Yun's gone missing."

Niel turned to look at Ricky then back outside. "So it was Yun." he sighed, getting off the windowsill. "Let's go, Ricky. We have to be well-rested to go to Daejeon tomorrow." Ricky nodded and the two left.


Like the last couple of days, it continued to rain in South Korea. TEEN TOP were sitting in chairs, sitting still for the makeup artists to finish removing their makeup. They had just finished a performance of their debut single, Clap, at one of Daejeon's broadcasting companies and were getting ready to go back to their hotel to rest before going onto Busan the next day for a different schedule.

Ricky was the first one done and he went to sit next to the large window, staring aimlessly out into the raining streets. Barely anyone was outside; everyone had taken cover from the pouring rain, but his eyes were on the couple that was standing under the  red umbrella by the large tree. 'Yun's favorite color is red.' he thought, a frown clearly shown on his face whenever he thought about his missing best friend. 

He continued to watched them, or watch whatever he could since the umbrella hid their faces. He saw a small hand reach out, collecting rain in that person's palm. Ricky squinted and he made out that that person must have been a small girl; he moved his head to look at the person next to her and guessed that it was a middle-age man, base off of the clothing that he was currently wearing since his father had the same cream coat that that person was wearing. Ricky sighed, watching the two brought back a lot of memories of Yun and he didn't know why. 

He continued to watch them, bored, but then something caught his interest. The girl stepped out from under the umbrella and started to dance in the rain. Ricky watched her every movement before it hit him, it was the same dance that Yun would dance while in the rain. He pressed his face closer to the glass, trying to make out whether it was really Yun or not, however, the pouring rain made it hard for him to see anything. Instead, he pushed himself off of the glass, running towards the door, almost knocking Niel over.

Niel watched, confusion on his face, as his dongsaeng went running off. He walked over to the window where Ricky was just was and looked out to see the girl dancing in the rain and the man under the red umbrella. Niel stood there, watching the girl; he felt light watching her, since he knew these movements anywhere. There was only one person that could mesmerized him with only her dancing, Yun.

He ran towards the elevator and repeated pressed the down button on the elevator, but after a few seconds, he gave up on calling the elevator and ran towards the stairs. Running down, two steps at a time, he eventually got to the ground floor from the third. He burst out of the building's doors and into the rain only to see the place empty; the only other person out with him in the rain is Ricky.

"H-hyung..." he called out, voice cracking. "She was right here, I know she was, but she's gone; I can't find her."

Niel bit his bottom lip. There was nothing that he could say at the moment that would even slightly cheer each of them up, not when the very person that they'd been searching for had slipped through their fingers once again. Niel took two steps forward and placed his hand on Ricky's shoulder. 'We'll find her one day. We will.'


It's been about a week and the TEEN TOP boys were back at Gongbu Academy. Both Ricky and Soomin were silently sitting their seats. That day when Ricky had thought that he had found Yun, he called Soomin telling her that he was so close to her, but he wasn't able to get a hold of her. Soomin, though being a typical strong girl, cried over the phone; tears of sadness and happiness. She was glad that Yun was still alive and probably doing well if she was dancing in the rain, but sad that she still wasn't able to see her best friend.

The teacher walked into the classroom and all the students became silent. She walked to the lecture stand and faced the class. Fixing her black frame glasses, she looked over her class before reading the announcements. "Tomorrow," she started, "we'll be getting a new student."

Soomin was the first to react, hitting her fists against the top of her desk. "You can't!" she yelled. "We only have one seat left and that Yun's!" 

The teacher showed no emotion from her outburst, since it was to be expected from her. "All the other classes are full; this is the only class left that has an opening for this grade."

"Can't we deny the person?" asked Ricky. "It's pretty late in the school year to allow a new student in."

"The headmaster allowed the person in; there's nothing that can be done about this. That seat will be giving to the new student tomorrow."

"Why," started Hyuna, "why would anyone defend an empty chair? It's always been empty." Both Ricky and Soomin glared at her. "My good-for-nothing unnie got what she deserved; how she even got into this elite school is beyond me."

"She got in because of her brain!" retorted Soomin.

"Yeah, unlike you who got in just because she slept with a couple of the teachers here." added Ricky.

Hyuna stared at them, a bit flustered from the comment that Ricky just made. "I am an INNOCENT ! How dare you mix me up with my unnie!"

"WHAT!?" They both stood up from their seats and Soomin stomped over to Hyuna and grabbed her by the front of her shirt. "Don't you dare try to ruin Yun's imagine even if she's not here. We all know you're not a ." she said as she grabbed Hyuna's open school bag and threw it across the room.

Everyone watched the contents of the bag spill out and instead of have only school supplies spill out, there were new packets of condoms that came out. Everyone except Ricky and Soomin stared at the contents with a shock face. Hyuna was about to say something when the teacher hit a desk with a ruler. "That's enough. Hyuna, go gather your things. Soomin, Ricky, take your seats. We are not going to talk about this and if you ever do that again, I'm sending you to the headmaster." She turned her back and walked towards the whiteboard. "Now open your books to page one hundred and seven."


---


You know, just the other day, I saw the number of subscribers was 6 then it jumped to like 13. Really, thanks to all those who subscribed to this story. :)

I have nothing to say at the moment, but I will try to update as soon as I can, whenever possible. :)

Do comment people~ silent readers need to speak up~!

Also, Happy Belated Holidays to all my readers! :D