12 years after

Bringing back an angel's wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Excuse me!" I had exclaimed as I grabbed the girl by her arm to make her face me.

Its not her. Her small stature and hair length had a great resemblance to her. But when I saw her eyes, though it was the same shade of obsidian black, there wasn't that little halo of light that would burst at  her irises. And as I stared longer, the greater I noticed how wrong I was to assume it was her. 

Amidst of my scrutinizing, I felt her struggling to get off my grip and so I released her, making her land on her bum. The girl scowled at my ungentlemanly behaviour and I abruptly muttered an apology and rushed out of the wide ballroom, wiggling my way through the sea of dancing people. I need some air.

I was able to worm my way out of the chaos that was inside the ballroom and it was then that I notice that my heart was thumping in an unsteady rythym. As I trekked my way across the empty hall while atttempting to bring my heart rate back to its normal pace, I couldn't help the nostalgia that was welling up inside of me when I had passed by the very same room where I had met her.

The large wooden double doors still had brass knockers on both of them, a bull's head with the ring around its nose. Back then, I was curious as to why it would have those when the only things that filled the room was paintings and expensive looking marble sculptures. Nothing that would be disturbed if someone stepped in.

It had felt like I had stepped into the vatican cit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter