Hands To Heaven

What Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


               They passed the last days of Baekhyun’s vacation in Bali with no burden. Baekhyun still has to wait for his interview results, but it was the last thing on his mind right now. Enjoying Bali with Sehun was even better now that they could hold hands and stealing kisses every now and then. Sehun even carried Baekhyun on his back a few times when the older was too tired to even walk on his own feet. Even the thought of Krystal hurting because of their action didn’t bother Baekhyun. He was feeling too happy to have Sehun by his side. In the back of his mind, he thinks that he deserved this. On Baekhyun’s last night in Bali, when he was packing, Sehun knocked the guestroom door. He had forced Baekhyun to leave the hotel and just stay with him at the Oh’s residence after Baekhyun’s first night in Bali. After the revelation last night, Sehun had asked Baekhyun to sleep with him in his room, but the elder refused. He told Sehun that he will stay before he had an official marriage with someone. Sehun laughed at this statement, but choose to respect Baekhyun and let him sleep in the guest room. Not before Sehun kissed him goodnight.  

               “Oh, Hunnie,” he called Sehun with his old pet name. Sehun smiled hearing the nickname. Baekhyun was sitting on the floor with his legs folded, his suitcase opened in front of him and his stuff all scattered in the room floor.

               “Whooah, what happened in here? An earthquake?” he joked, coming in to the room, making sure not to step on anything. The younger sat on the bed beside Baekhyun and his boyfriend automatically leaned to his side, to Sehun’s leg. Sehun levered down to give a kiss to Baekhyun’s head, then laugh again when he saw that Baekhyun was frowning at his own stuff.

               “It won’t fit!” Baekhyun cutely said. “All the souvenirs, and my new clothes and all my old clothes I brought here... it won’t fit! My suitcase is too small,” Baekhyun pointed his large suitcase, probably the largest size for every brand of suitcase. This made Sehun smiled. What a diva.

               “Hey, I’m coming with you to Seoul. You can put some of those in my suitcase. It’s still half empty.”

               Hearing what Sehun suggested, Baekhyun quickly looked up with a smile on his face. “Really? You’ll let me put some of my stuff in your suitcase?”

               “Of course, dear,” Sehun laughed at the tone Baekhyun was speaking. Cheerfully the older stood up, bending down to collect the stuff he was going to put in Sehun’s suitcase. While humming his and Sehun’s tune, Baekhyun had only two steps before a pair of strong arms circled his waist, pulling the smaller back to sit on his boyfriend’s lap.

               “Sehun!! Look what you’ve done!” Baekhyun worriedly examine the souvenirs he just dropped. “What are you – hey!”

               The protest from Baekhyun’s mouth got louder when Sehun took Baekhyun’s hand, preventing him from picking up the souvenirs he just dropped.

               “Aigoo, Sehun-ah, you are so so childish, you know. Let me just pack, we have to go early tomorrow. What do you think you are—what is this?”

               A shinning ring with a small sapphire stone in the middle of it was hugging Baekhyun’s left ring finger. He didn’t realized Sehun slipping it there.

               “What do you... when did you..?” Baekhyun stopped his struggling. He looked at the beautiful ring with wide eyes, his mouth ajar.

               Sehun kissed his boyfriend’s nape, hugging Baekhyun’s narrow waist tighter. “It’s a family ring. Every in-laws in the family wore it.”

               Abruptly the smaller man in Sehun’s lap turned around so that he was twisting his body to face Sehun. He had his eyes wider than before, mouth dangling in a not so pretty way, but Sehun still find it cute. “I-in laws? Do you mean I—Sehun, really?”

               “Yes my darling. Don’t you think I’m a bit too old now to just go out on a date with you?” Sehun smiled as he answered Baekhyun. He raised one of his hand to cup Baekhyun’s red cheek, kissing his button nose lightly. “I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Baekkie Hyung. I’m ready to spend my lifetime with you. “

               The way the beautiful being said it made Baekhyun’s heart clenched. Baekhyun had promised he would let Sehun go and move on. Just this morning, Sehun was still in love with Krystal. Just this morning they both were just best friend. How can it change so fast? Is this really the right thing to do?

               “ByunBaek?”

               Sehun saw the doubt in Baekhyun’s eyes. He shifted, turning Baekhyun so now Baekhyun was fully facing the younger male. Sehun tucked a strand of hair behind Baekhyun’s ear, then his finger continued to caress that ear. Baekhyun closed his eyes at the contact, and when he opened it, there were tears on the corner of his eyes.

               “Are you sure, Sehun? Are you sure this will fix everything? Are you sure this is what we want? Are you sure this is the best?”

               Smiling, Sehun leaned and drop a peck to Baekhyun’s rosy lips. “I don’t know if this will fix everything. But I’m sure this is what both you and I want. And even if it’s not the best for all of us, it will be the best choice for the both of us. Isn’t it enough?”

               Baekhyun nod at this, raising his hands where Sehun put the ring earlier to examine the golden band circling his finger. “Thank you, Oh Sehun.”

               “I love you Baekhyun. I really do love you,” Sehun answered him, kissing the other man’s forehead, who sighed in content and whispered the words back to Sehun. “I love you too, Sehun. I love you.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~  ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~~

               They arrived in Korea at noon the next day, much to Baekhyun’s disappointment. He loved his hometown, but Bali has left such a beautiful impression for Baekhyun. It was where his love finally found him too. After grabbing a late lunch at the airport, the two lovers took a cab to get to their house. They decide not to tell their parents or Krystal and his father about them going to Korea together. They both turned off their phone since last night. They nervously opened the door to the Byun’s residence, hand in hand. Sehun had refused to let go of Baekhyun’s shaky and sweaty hand even when the older had told him to. He wanted Baekhyun to know that they’re in this together, and Sehun is not going to let Baekhyun down again. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter