I'm Singing My Blues

What Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


            Krystal looked at the mirror, not believing the wide smile plastered on her face. It has been there since a week ago. Since she met Sehun, she didn’t expect it to be like this. She was just supposed to pretend she was the person who replied all Sehun message, she was just supposed to pretend that she was the person Sehun fell in love with. She wasn’t supposed to fall in love with Sehun in return. She—wait, did she just said she fell in love? Krystal could see her own cheeks turning crimson red in the reflection. Did she really fall in love with Sehun? This wasn’t supposed to happen. No, no, no, no.

               “I’m not in love with Sehun,” Krystal said to herself, moving her hands to turn on the faucet and splashed water to her face. She was trying to push away images of Sehun. Who would’ve thought the Sehun she knew—the one she despised a lot because he wasn’t good looking enough to be her friend—grew into an amazingly handsome man? Krystal never saw a man like him before. He sure was a wonderful creation of God. She was so lucky he fell in love with her. The red haired let out a high pitched squeal when the last thought popped to her mind. Sehun is in love with her. Sehun is in love with Jung Krystal. Sehun is—

               “Ahk!!” Krystal couldn’t stand it. She ran outside her bathroom and flopped herself on top of the mattress. Sehun and Baekhyun’s mothers is out for some coffee, so Krystal had the room for herself at least until midnight. “Sehun is in love with me... he is in love with me... he is in—“

               A ring of the doorbell popped the image of Sehun she was imagining in her head. She groaned, getting up in a lazy motion. “Ah, who in the world... it’s in the middle of the night for God’s sak—Sehun??”

               Tightening her robe, Krystal gasped when she saw Sehun standing in front of her door. The man as always look incredibly handsome only wearing a thick baby blue sweater and a green colored khaki pants that was so unmatched the fashion police should’ve arrested him. But this was Sehun, anything would look good if he was the one wearing it.

               “Hi, Krystal,” the low voice put a shiver through Krystal’s spine. “Did I... were you asleep?”

               “Oh... no. I just showered. What’s up?” she tried to keep her cool, although inside her heart was beating like crazy. Calm down. Calm down. Calm down. She kept telling herself. “Do you wanna come in?”

               “Uh, no. It’s fine. I’m just dropping by to give you something.”

               “Really? What—oh, hi, BaekBaek!”

               Baekhyun’s existence went unknown by Krystal, until the younger—the always clumsy Baekhyun—dropped the watch he was playing with, causing a loud thud that made the couple in front of him acknowledge his presence.

               “Oh, hi, Krystal,” Baekhyun gave her a small smile, waving his hand weakly to her before crossing it in front of his chest again “Don’t mind me, continue your conversation. I’m just waiting for Sehun.”

               “Where are you guys from? You guys seem awfully happy,” even behind his poker face expression, Krystal could see Baekhyun was happier than he was yesterday when she last saw him.

               Sehun answered for Baekhyun, getting Krystal’s attention back to him. “We went to eat some tteokppoki just down there.”

               “At last!”

               “Yeah, at last,” Sehun chuckled at how the girl in front of him clapped her hands. Genuinely happy. Sehun knows Krystal was only happy because finally Baekhyun got to eat tteokppoki, he had been wanting to eat them with Sehun since forever. “So... um... I want to check up on you since.. you’re alone. You know how my mom and Aunt Yoons is. They can chat until the sun rises.”

               “I know. They need it, Sehun. God knows how much they missed each other and they would’ve wanted to catch up on each other’s life, you know.”

               “Yeah,” Sehun smiled. Krystal was surely a nice daughter. His mother will be thrilled if this girl was her daughter in law. The thought that passed Sehun’s mind made him felt a blush creeping up to his face. Seems like Krystal realized him suddenly being stiff, she reached out to brush her hands to Sehun’s.

               “Sehun? You okay?”

               “Uh..”

               Kryst

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter