Chapter 5

Shy Boy Secret Santa

 

That night Hyosung went to bed with heartbroken tears, and woke up with bitter, angry tears. 

"Yah, Jeon Hyosung. Don't cry over him. Don't cry over a liar," she said to herself quietly as she wiped the tears off with her pajama sleeve. She rolled out of bed and walked into her bathroom. "Huh. I look horrible." She scowled and rubbed at her eyes again.

Buzz. Buzz. 

Hyosung went over to her bedside table and picked up her phone.

Jung Hana: Hey, you wanna hang out today?

Hyosung smiled. Just what I need: a distraction.

Jeon Hyosung: Yeah, sure. I'll meet you and the others at Sunhwa's.

Hyosung set her phone down and rushed to get changed, brushing through her hair hastily. She took one last look in the mirror. I wonder if they'll ask about my eyes, she wondered, noticing their redness. Her eyes wandered to the make-up containers on the counter. Nah, she rejected thought of using make-up. She felt too tired to care. She changed out of her pajamas and left her room for her kitchen.

"Hi, mom. I'm going to Sunhwa's for a while," Hyosung said to her mom as she grabbed a piece of toast that was lying on the kitchen table.

"That's good. Have fun, dear!" Her mom said from the stove.
~
Yang Yoseob: Hey, you wanna hang out today?

Kikwang looked at his phone.

Lee Kikwang: Sure. I needed to talk to you anyways.

Kikwang felt the need to inform Yoseob about what happened with Hyosung.

"Hey, mom, I'm gonna go to Yoseob's today," He told his mom before pulling on his jacket and walking out the front door.

He started walking down the street when he saw the back of familiar girl.

"Hyosung-ah!" Kikwang called to her, hoping to apologize to her. The girl started to walk faster, confirming it was Hyosung. She must be still mad at me. "Hyosung!" Kikwang started walking faster too, causing Hyosung to break out running. "Wait, Hyosung-ah!" Kikwang stretched out his left arm in front of him as he started to run as well. Hyosung kept running until she turned around a corner. Seeing her figure disappear from his view made Kikwang slow down in exasperation, causing him to give up on his quest to apologize to her. 

"Just focus, Kikwang. Go to Yoseob's house," he said to himself as he continued to walk, unknowingly turning the corner Hyosung circled earlier. As he walked to Yoseob's house, Kikwang's thoughts proceeded to wander to Hyosung. He persistently shook them off, because every time he thought of her, he felt furious with himself. Just think about... the scenery! Yeah, think about the grass, the flowers, the tree, this tree, that tree, that tree, Hyosung... Hyosung?! Kikwang hid himself behind one of the trees he had forced himself to think of. He continued to run from tree to tree while Hyosung kept walking, until he was a couple of yards behind her. He walked out from behind the tree, took a few more steps then tapped Hyosung on the shoulder.

"Wha-?" Hyosung jumped in surprise and spun around to come face to face with Kikwang. "You!" She jabbed a finger at his chest. "What are you doing here? Stop following me!"

"No, no! Hyosung-ah!" Kikwang grabbed her wrist as she tried to turn away to leave. "I wasn't following you. We were probably just going in the same direction." Hyosung rolled her eyes and broke out of Kikwang's grip.

"I don't want to talk to you," she said coldly.

"No, but really! I wanted to get that chance to-" Hyosung started bounding away, farther down the street and away from Kikwang. "-apologize... Argh!" Kikwang lightly hit his head on one of the trees he hid behind earlier. Why won't she just listen to me? Why did I even come here- oh, right. I was going to Yoseob's. He started walking again. Babo-kwang! How could you forget what you were supposed to do? Twice in one day, one hour! Kikwang tried to forget about it and continued on his way to Yoseob's house. 

Hyosung was only a handful of yards in front of Kikwang, but he didn't notice her as he was sulking. Hyosung, however sensed Kikwang behind her. She stopped abruptly and turned around to face him. 

"I told you to stop following me!" Hyosung yelled. "You're creepy enough as it is," she spat spitefully.

"I'm not following you," Kikwang said innocently. "I'm just going to Yoseob's house." He tilted his head in confusion.

"Oh yeah... Right." It came to mind that her classmates Yang Yoseob and Han Sunhwa lived in the same neighborhood. She quickly turned away, concealing her flushed cheeks. Hyo-babo, you're so stupid. Why would he follow you around. Ha, don't think so highly. He probably doesn't even care that much, about me. He probably thought he could get away with fooling you. He probably thinks I'm stupid. He probably laughing... Hyosung didn't finish her thought as her tears welled up in her eyes and she ran the rest of the way to Sunhwa's house. Kikwang didn't notice her suddenly take off. He was momentarily distracted by a squirrel that had presented itself to him in a tree with a nut. Not that Hyosung noticed. Didn't even notice that he was more interested in a squirrel than her. No, not at all… She ran faster as her tears began to fall harder. She kept running until she reached Sunhwa's house and rammed through her front door, not caring if it was locked or not.

"Hyosung-ah!" Zinger greeted her as she pushed past her. 

"Hi," Hyosung sniffled as she greeted her.

"Unnie, what's wrong?" Sunhwa asked. "Why are you crying?"

Hyosung sat herself down on Sunhwa's couch. "...Long story."

Well, it's been months but now I'm finally updating! . . . In summer. This isn't even the last chapter. . . OTL. I hope you all won't stop reading this, even if it is out of season (It was already out of season.) And read my newer stories too!

How About We Share?

Lovey Dovey