Thunder and lightning

Thunder and lightning

Sungyeol’s POV

The loud sound of the thunder woke me up. I groaned. Stupid thunder, I needed to get up early tomorrow. Stupid schedule. Suddenly I noticed the coldness surrounding me. Usually I was snuggled up in Myungsoo’s arms, leaning into his well-built chest, listening to his steady heartbeat and taking in the familiar scent of his lavender body lotion mingled with the slightest bit of sweat.

But now, he was not here, I sat straight in bed and kicked the blankets off as I rubbed my eyes in exhaustion. I found some warm socks on the floor and Myungsoo’s cardigan to put over my shirt to keep me warm while I quietly left the room. I tip toed to the kitchen, I was not even sure why.

At first I thought he wasn’t here, but then I noticed the trash bin was placed very strange and out of place. I walked to it to put it back to its usual place, but I stopped on the way there. There he was, he had crawled up in the corner, the trash bin shoved in front of him. He had hidden his face in his arms and his shoulders were trembling.

I couldn’t help but to almost giggle at how adorable he looked. The Kim Myungsoo, my boyfriend, the one who always had claimed not to be afraid of anything, was trembling like a little kid with a trash bin to protect him. I shoved the bin to the side, his head shot up in fear, probably thinking some evil monsters were coming to get him or something. He probably did not know whether to be happy the monsters did not come or to be afraid now his boyfriend, who he’d always mocked to be a crybaby and always bragged to he was not afraid of anything, was in front of him and had found out he was afraid of thunder.

As funny as I found the whole situation altogether, I couldn’t bear to see him afraid like this. I lowered myself to his level and put my arms around him, putting my chin on his head, hoping to make him feel at least a little more safe. Every time the thunder would let the house shudder of the noise, Myungsoo would grasp a little tighter around my waist. His fist were grasping the cardigan tightly as he buried his face into my shirt. I swear I felt the shirt getting slightly wet, but then again, that could be sweat. Who are you fooling Sungyeol?

Every time the lightning lighted up the kitchen, I was able to see his trembling back. It was like comforting a child, and he would never get away with it. I’d love to see Myungsoo the one being embarrassed and reddened. Because I loved every single thing about my lover, and I loved discovering new sides of him, even if they were embarrassing. Because I wanted to be forever with him, and I did not want him to hide the things he did not like about himself.

“Myungsoo-yah, come, let’s go to back to bed.” I whispered. His head shook in return and I felt his lips moving against my chest, the only barricade being my shirt, as he mumbled a: “Let’s stay like this a little longer.” I tightened my hold around him a little more. For once I was the one who could comfort him, to provide him warmth and safety. If Myungsoo had this victorious feeling every time he held me in his arms, well, he should be the happiest man on earth, because it felt simply amazing.

After a while, the thunder had stopped and only rain could be heard. I loosened my grasp as Myungsoo did the same. He looked up at me with red eyes, so he had been crying, “This is going to stay between us?”

“Of course not” I smiled and gave him a quick peck on his nose. “But let’s go back to bed now, I’m cold”

I had to admit, it felt good to comfort Myungsoo for once, but I’d never, ever give up the warm, safe place in his arms, I thought as I snuggled a little further into Myungsoo’s embrace, allowing myself to drown in the warmth of both the blankets and Myungsoo.

“Myungsoo, why don’t you check the weather forecast for tonight?” I said, while sipping from my morning cup of coffee. Myungsoo had just came out of the bathroom, and the other five of Infinite looked up curiously why I wanted him to know the weather forecast. Myungsoo tapped a few times on his iPhone as he sleepily rubbed his eye with the other hand, and then looked up with big, startled eyes. I knew we both thought the same thing, and I giggled.

“Hey guys, mind telling us where this is about?” Sunggyu asked, only to be ignored as Myungsoo narrowed his eyes at my giggle and began to chase me.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

I don’t have any idea who sleeps with who in the new dorm, so just keep the old dorm in mind, all right~ They’re sleeping in Myungsoo’s/Dongwoo’s room but let’s just say Dongwoo has traded with Sungyeol.

I really am the worst, right? I’m trying to take my mind of hurting Sungyeol, and instead I make Myungsoo afraid. They really must hate me, right?