Foreign Chit Chat

Foreign Chit Chat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Excuse me, Can I sit here?"

"Oh sure." I said without looking at the person. I'm too busy texting my cousin that ditched me just because one freaking book. Actually, I'm the one who dicthed her because we almost spend 3 hours, 3 ing hours in the book store on our precious trip.

Me and my cousin just a college student but since our junior year, we always dreamed about living or at least visited USA but we're not genius enough to get a scholarship nor student exchange program. After some bribing and endless promise at my aunt who happened to lived in California after married with her husband,we finally had one precious month holiday in California, USA. So here I am. We had listed so many places to visit but turn out after my cousin read an ads in airport gate about her favorite writer is released an exclusive limited book of him and the worst part is he didn't tell where that books is officially released which means if you are his loyal fans you'll willing to hunt down that damn book of him and my cousin are definitely count in.

Even tough this is just our 3rd day but we haven't visited one of bunch places we had listed back then. I'm starting to curse that book.

"Are you okay?"

"Uh? Yeah, thank you for your concern." I said to the person who is sharing a table with me. This time I look at her and found out that she's also a tourist like me.

"Are you a tourist or?" I start to ask her out of the blue.

"Yes. But actually this is my home town." She said and look at me with a stern gaze like wondering something.

"Oh I see." I said. Honestly, I'm having a difficult time to inititated a talk. During my school year, me and my cousin are well known as the cold person. We barely talk with our classmate nor friends back then. It just we were too shy to start a talk even just a 'Hi'. We finally had some friends who understand that we just shy to join them but still the rumored is keep remained even after our graduation.

"I'm Jessica by the way, are yoy just alone?" The person infront of me suddenly ask me.

"Oh, I'm Rachel. No, I'm here with my cousin but she's in the book store." I said while sipping on my vanila latte. I don't know but I feel this woman infront of me staring at me like I do something wrong.

A few minutes of silence.

"Don't you feel its awkward right?" She said while typed in her phone.

"Sorry?"

"You and me. Isn't we were too awkward? You know usually a tourist would like to talk and make a new friends as much as she/he can?" She said while staring at me.

"Maybe I'm not kind of that tourist you refering. I'm sorry but I normally didn't talk much or had the initiative to start a conversation, at least that my friends describe me." I said honestly. 'Why do I feel intimidated yet confortable?'

"How old are you?"

"I'll be 19 this year."

"Aww, you're still a kid. No wonder then. So where is your cousine? It's been an hour now."

I'm starting to suspicious now. Why she's so concern with me? Is she going to kidnapped me? Oh no, I'm taller than her but she looks like more older than me. Should I lied?

Ring..ring..ringg

"Yes?"

"Where are you?" It was my cousine. Is she finally had a pitty for me?

"I'm at starbux in 3rd Floor. Had you done finding that book?" I said with an annoyed tone.

"Not yet. But I'm already leaving now. I've meet some friends here and we will go around to find the books now. You know how to go home right? I might be back at night, just rode a taxi and give the adress to the driver. But if you still want to wandering around just near the mall okay? Don't get lost, I promise we will visited our places once I get the book."

"Aish, I'm not a kid you know. Okay, I'll just back now. You take care."

"I'm still older 6 months from you. Ok bye."

I hung up and sigh.

'Why people keep babying me? I'm old enough to take care of my self.'

I heard a chuckles and I realized that I blurt out my thought loudly.

"You're really a kiddo you know? Even a stranger can see it." She said with a smirk. I furrowed my eyebrows. How could she judges me like that?

"Sorry I can't help. you're sulking like a kid but pretend to be much older. So, may I guess your cousin is leaving you?"

"Yeah, she just met new friends who had the same gut about hunting that book. So I'll just finished this then going back." I said pointing to my latte.

"Such a waste. Wanna go around? Actually I'm waiting my friend too but she just tell me she had an emergency so we are just about the same."

"Why not. But It's okay with you?" I said.

"Don't worry, I didn't had any motived towards you. Just count we're lucky." She said putting back her phone into her bag, I just realized she looks so fancy yet casual.

"Let's go."

-------------

"So, Jessica. Where do you currently lived now?" I start to break the silence.

"Hmm, I currently lived in Seoul but I travel alot. It's work stuff. You're in college right? What major you took?"

"Yes, I took bussiness course. Oh how lucky you're. I really want to had a job that allow me to travel around." I said honestly. She must be busy woman then. I wonder what kind of job she has.

"Really? I thought you took literary class. I'm running a shop actually. Fashion brand."

"I had been told that much, wow. Your brand must been known well then, what is your brand name? I actually has a fashion lined brand too but since I'm on college I deactive it temporarily since I just using online shopping methods."

"Oh really? You should had interest in fashion then?"

"Yes, some of my product is my own design but not all of it."

"Me too. I took participant on designing my products. Wanna grab a meal? Actually it's lunch." She said.

So we decided to go to near cafe outside the mall.

"So you're Korean right? It's obviously I'm younger than you and I really want to try this. Can I called you 'unnie' instead?" I said shyly while slicing my burger.

"Sure. It's better because our age different is bigger and you're asian too right?"

"Yeah, in my country we didn't called older people just by name, it's kind of direspect thing. So if you're from korean you must known about Kpop and Idol thing right?"

"Yes I know. Why? You're a kpop fan?" She said with interest gaze at me.

"Sort of. Though I'm not really a fans since I didnt attend kpop concert or buying stuff like poster or light stick."

"I see. So who's your idol? Is boy group or girl group? Or drama star?"

"It's not spesific. I'm kind of moving fast. I know kpop fron my friends, she is so into kpop. I first like Secret Hyosung, I even bought her Album. I'm adore her effort to pursue her dream

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter