xxii

Among Big Shots - Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naturally, the woman hadn't been at home, which left him with the only option to leave the bouquet by her door. Currently a few days later, Taecyeon hoped that the flowers had been rescued and put in a vase in time. He wanted the miss to have received them in their prime. 

Given that his director had been absent from work the entire week, Taecyeon couldn't know, though. He hadn't seen nor heard from her, whereas he didn't make any other attempts to contact her. Instead, he continued with work and his life as normal.

The course went well. Seohyun had been correct. It wasn't the least difficult, which made Taecyeon feel as though that he wasted his time. On the other hand, since he didn't have anything else to do, the course acted more as a boring and dull loss of time to spend his days. Plus, during the course, he managed to gain a few favorable compliments from managers within the company. It might be to his career's benefits in the future, which wasn't too bad.

By another perspective, though, the course managed to keep him occupied, yes. However, it mostly helped Taecyeon to keep his mind focused. Because the more time that passed without a word from the miss, the more anxious he became. Paranoid, even. He wanted answers, to know what happened. 

Seohyun hardly revealed anything during the single lunch that they shared during the week. Her lips were sealed and her goal to talk about everything else except their director. It was frustrating to say the least. But, Taecyeon decided to dance along to the melody of her flute. Instead of starting any tension or awkwardness between them, it was easier to keep it peaceful and calm. Already, his own head was enough of a mess. 

What he did manage to learn, though, was that Miss Im and the douche Seungri perhaps were as innocent as it appeared. Apparently, something funny did happen between Seohyun and Seungri. From the very source herself, the duo met during the weekend in Tokyo, the reason why Seohyun had been absent from the hotel and unreachable during the morning of Miss Im's incident.

Once the piece of information had slipped and caught Taecyeon's ears, the young woman panicked and did everything to try to minimize and forget it. Clearly, it wasn't as a small deal as she tried to make it out to appear. But, any attempts to lure out more of the secret encounter with Seungri didn't end in the way that Taecyeon had hoped. Again, the young woman's lips were sealed while her mindset was as hard as steel. Basically, she wouldn't reveal anything. 

It was an admirable characteristic she possessed, her ability and loyalty to remain quiet. Many a times, it could work in another's favor. Currently, however, it worked against Taecyeon until the point where it became frustrating. For once, why couldn't Seohyun let run and let everything out? Obviously, it burdened her to keep the confidential information hidden. If she would simply talk to him, it would kill two birds with one stone. He would get the information that he wanted whereas she wouldn't have to carry such a heavy load on her shoulders anymore. Easy. 

Yet, the lunch didn't go as Taecyeon secretly planned, which made him return to work in a rather depressed mood. Next day, however, the man had returned to his regular professionalism and continued with his course. As well as the following day and the day after it. The week would seemingly pass calmly and without any disturbances or issues. Well, except for Miss Im's absence, of which his mind constantly found the chance to remind him. 

As the afternoon of the final day neared its end, Taecyeon didn't have much to do. He went through what he had learned during the course. But, since he knew and had memorized it rather well, it finished quickly. With two hours to go before his day ended, he began to play around with his cellphone. Since nobody was around to catch him in the act, the man began to wonder if he could sneak out and have a beer with his friends instead of wasting his time at work. 

Having texted the proposal to Chansung, Taecyeon placed his phone away while he waited for a reply. The answer came in a way that he hadn't expected. 

Suddenly, his phone began to vibrate in the usual fashion when it received a call. Taecyeon sighed, knowing already who it was on the other side. With hanging eyes, he grabbed his phone, ready to see his roommate's ugly face on the screen. 

But, it wasn't. Rather, it read Miss Im. 

Taecyeon inhaled loudly. His eyes widened. While the man looked ahead without focus to stare shocked into oblivion, his heart pounded in a hurtful manner inside his chest. . It was his boss. What should he do? 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter