xvii

Among Big Shots - Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With his best efforts, Taecyeon managed to bring forth a tired smile to the stewardess. Because of her professionalism, she responded brightly and asked kindly to guide him to the right seat. 

"Please, follow me, Mr Ok," she said and walked ahead of him.

Carrying his luggage and ticket, Taecyeon followed the woman.

The airplane was full, and he guessed that he was one of the last passengers to arrive. It was surprisingly quiet and most ignored his presence. Either asleep, reading or entertaining themselves in another fashion, everyone was too caught in their own world of fatigue to care.

Occasionally, a stranger cast him a glance, only to return to their preoccupation. Taecyeon, on the other hand, never raised his gaze from the passage. Getting to his seat was what mattered to him. And Miss Im… 

After the stewardess had opened and passed by a curtain meant to remain closed, Taecyeon awoke a little and became slightly more aware of his surroundings. He entered into first class, as booked by Seohyun a few hours earlier. 

"Here, Mr Ok," the stewardess announced, stepped aside and gestured towards a lonely seat slightly facing the window. It looked awfully comfortable, dressed in beige leather, and he couldn't wait to settle down in the presumably thick stuffing. 

Because his hopes were answered, it was easy to close his eyes and simply relax. The stewardess placed his bag in the overhead bin, which he allowed without as much as looking her way in curiosity. He was too tired to bother. Leaning the armchair back in order to get to sleep was his priority. When the stewardess gently grabbed and lifted his arm from the chair's rest, he didn't bother to check as he could feel everything she did. She was kind enough to put a folded blanket on the surface before placing his arm down again. 

"Thank you," he mumbled as she rose up and left shortly afterwards. 

Perhaps, it was a small gesture. But, it was a sort of kindness he needed to balm his mind. 

It had been a chaotic day, to say the least. His energy was drained to the point where he couldn't, even if he wanted, to keep his eyes open. The lids were heavy, the muscles in his legs hurt while his back felt tense as well. Most of all, though, he felt mentally exhausted. Because, in the back of his mind, he wouldn't stop thinking about Miss Im. 

Everything happened incredibly fast. Yet, he had managed to notice and remember each detail during the course of events. 

After Taecyeon had carried the lady to a hailed taxi, he succeeded to explain to the driver where to take them. Since he didn't know of any hospitals, he said the hotel in desperation. Better with familiar ground than aimless and costly roaming. In the meantime, he planned to call Seohyun and have her help him speak to driver through the speakers on his cellphone. She would be able to ask for the nearest hospital. 

However, the problem was that Taecyeon couldn't reach her. Obviously unavailable at the moment, she didn't answer and the call went to her voice inbox. It frustrated him enough to hang up and think of another idea… when it dawned on him – the hotel manager! 

The phone call wasn't flawless. It occurred with errors, naturally. Once Manager Ito, though, revealed that he understood and spoke Korean fluently, the conversation went smoothly. Relieved beyond belief, Taecyeon could finally speak to someone who could understand him and knew what to do. And the manager certainly did. 

As soon as the taxi arrived to the hotel, everything went by in a blur. Miss Im was still unconscious and had to be carried to the suite. Luckily, Manager Ito had arranged for staff to take care of the smallest details, which they perfectly executed professionally. Taecyeon could only step aside and let them do their tasks as he hadn't got a clue of what to do.

But, he didn't leave Miss Im alone for a moment. He was worried and wanted to know what they did to her. In the end, he was her personal assistant and he felt a sense of obligation to protect her. 

It didn't take long for a doctor and his small team of a nurse and assistant to arrive when Miss Im had been carried to the suite. The bedroom was already arranged, with the bed made, suitcases and any personal belongings removed and placed in Seohyun's room. As the doctor examined her, Taecyeon slipped out of view and into Seohyun's room to check that nothing had been stolen. Luckily, it all looked in order and he felt relieved that the miss's passport, wallet and keys remained. Still, he would have Seohyun have a look as well, since he hadn't seen her baggage and c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter