FANTASTIC DUO

2NEXO: TELL ME

TELL ME WHAT IS LOVE

 

FANTASTIC DUO!!!

 

With Christmas Time just around the corner, we are going to be serenaded by one of the most sought after idol groups of this generation…

 

Let us all welcome our HALLYU STARS… EXO!!!!

 

At the mention of EXO, everyone was on their feet anticipating what kind of performance they are going to present.

 

Then three from EXO entered and were welcomed with warm applause; Chen, Baekhyun and DO!

 

 

 

 

After the performance, everyone was in love with the trio with their heartfelt rendition of their song Miracles in December.

 

“Whoa!!! I am near to tears… the song is beautiful!” Panel 1 uttered while trying to keep the tears from falling down.

 

“Neh, that is EXO for you!!!” Panel 3 stated while clapping

 

“Really, vocal line is daebak!” Panel 2 giving the three a thumbs up.

 

“Alright, let us give them time to introduce themselves.” MC uttered as the three stood at attention full of smiles,

 

“1, 2, 3…WE ARE ONE! Annyeonghaseyo…EXO-Mini- imnida!” the three chorused as everyone were puzzled why the Mini…

 

“Ahhhh… are you the shortest of the group?” Panel 5 asked trying to contain her laughter

 

“Neh, neh…” Baekhyun shyly agreed

 

“EXO-Mini!” Panel 3 reiterated with amusement

 

“You might be the shortest of your group but you have explosive vocals!” MC stated as they began the program.

 

“DO-ssi, you look scared… with your eyes looking left and right.” MC noticed how his eyes looked like they were trembling and it was a bit watery as well

 

 

“Ah… nega? Aniyo.” DO smiled while shaking his head showing that he was not at all scared.

 

“DO still grows a bit anxious with every new stage so…” Chen explained as he patted DO’s back to try to relax him.

 

“Really, I am fine.” DO stated trying to wipe some sweat on his forehead

 

“DO-ssi, please be comfortable.” MC stated

 

“Ah neh.” DO nodded.

 

A lot of EXO-L fans sent their entry to be chosen to be on stage with their idols and out of thousands who applied, only 3 were chosen to share a stage with EXO.

 

One girl named Cutie Baby 

 

, then a manly man called EXO-L namja

 

 

and lastly a fierce-looking girl who calls herself Nappeun Gizibe.

 

 

 

“What song are you going to ask them to sing?” MC asked

 

“We chose a ballad song, it is called Baby Don’t Cry, we can gauge if we can do harmonization with them and it also has a rap part, we will try to evaluate if we will have good rhythm with each other through this song.” DO replied, one of the longest explanations he has ever said on TV.

 

 

 

As the music started, Baekhyun did the first verse and let the contestants continue, DO and Chen were nodding to the music and were listening very hard to each contestant. EXOL Namja was blending his voice very well with Nappeun Gizibe, as Cutie Baby was holding her own in her solos.

 

Then the rap part came, Nappeun Gizibe rapped Chanyeol’s part which surprised everyone on how good she was riding the rhythm as she then shifted from rapping to singing and blending well with the other singers. DO even tried to harmonize  with her to see if he can match with her tone.

 

Baekhyun and Chen were looking at each other at what DO did, because he usually was passive with these kind of programs, he was not one who will do something that will keep the attention to him, so it was new for them to see DO exert a bit of effort in the activity.

 

So in the end EXO-Mini chose Nappeun Gizibe as their Fantastic Duo.

 

During the break where they were given the chance to practice of what little time they were given, they headed now to the backstage in one of the waiting rooms to discuss what song to sing.

 

It was a bit awkward at first, because Nappeun Gizibe was quiet and timid, far from the charismatic performance she gave awhile ago, while singing and rapping.

 

“Nappeun Gizibe, neh, that’s a bit awkward, what is your real name?” Chen started as they sat themselves on the couch,

 

“Ah neh, annyeonghaseyo, Lee Chaerin imnida.” Chaerin bowed and gave a shy smile.

 

“Chaerin-ssi, whoa! Such a pretty name.” Baekhyun smiled trying to make her comfortable.

 

“How old are you, Chaerin-ssi?” DO asked, everyone was shocked that he even spoke to her, because knowing DO, he is a bit reserved and timid towards strangers, all the more with girls.

 

“Um, 25 years old.”

 

“Ah, noona! Let’s get along well! Is it okay to call you noona?” Chen smiled, giving Baekhyun a knowing smile, which looks like they are up to no good.

 

“Ah, neh… it’s okay, let’s be comfortable with each other then.” Chaerin replied as she glanced at DO who was sitting stiffly at the left side of the couch, which made her a bit nervous since DO was just staring blankly at nothing in particular.

 

“Noona, do you know our songs?” Baekhyun asked as they tried to get to their piece

 

“Ah neh… I know all of your songs…”

 

“How about this… since all three of us have solo songs… we will play a game and whoever wins will get to do a duet with you?” Chen suggested as he elbowed Baekhyun to agree

 

“Ah neh, is that alright with you noona?” Baekhyun caught on what Chen was planning to do, and to do that Chaerin agreed as DO just remained silent.

 

DO was quiet because he didn’t know how to act in front of a girl and someone he has just met… and now that there was a possibility that he might get a chance to do a duet with her made him all the more anxious which made him so quiet and passive once again.

 

Chen enumerated his two OST songs which are great pieces- Best Luck and Everytime, and Baekhyun also stated his Beautiful and Dream, meanwhile DO was a bit hesitant, since he could only offer one song- Tell me (epilogue)

 

They played Gawi, Bawi, Bwo… and knowing DO… he would always throw stone first, so Chen signaled Baekhyun to do scissors, so that DO will win.

 

====o====

Backroom Interview

 

PD: why did you setup DO to do the duet with Nappeun Gizibe?

Baekhyun: first of all, we wanted to :D

Chen: and second of all, we wanted the people to see how good he is in singing a duet… with a girl… which he hasn’t done before.

PD: but it seems as though he was about to kill you for that

Baekhyun: ah neh, that is what usually happens, but I’d gladly take the heat and see him perform out of his comfort zone to overcome his fears… stage fright and anxiousness.

Chen: wasn’t it a fun experience though, seeing EXO’s DO caught off guard, and seeing him as a namja and not just someone who looks small and cute with a death glare?

=======o=======

So it was decided then that DO was to sing with Chaerin and the song they are going to sing is Tell Me (epilogue), DO’s duet with Yoo Young Jin. DO didn’t know where to start, since he was still a bit awkward, so Chen and Baekhyun helped in the division of parts.

 

“That’s easy Soo-ah, let noona sing the parts of Youngjin hyung, so that you won’t have a hard time dividing it, since we don’t have that much time till the performance.” Baekhyun suggested, to which DO smiled as he liked the idea.

 

And from there, DO took charge and adjusted to Chaerin’s tone as they try to figure out adlibs and harmonization for parts of the song.

 

While DO and Chaerin were busy practicing, Baekhyun and Chen were busy taking pictures of the two and sending it to EXO group chat, to which they had a lot to laugh about.

 

It now came to their performance, EXO-Mini was chosen last to perform, and no one knew, not even the MC knew that only DO was going to sing with Nappeun Gizibe.

 

“Alright, now let us call our last Fantastic Duo of the night, EXO-Mini and Nappeun Gizibe!” MC started his spiel,

 

“So… as what is written here in my cue cards, this is a surprise performance, a once in a lifetime stage… I wonder what it is?”

 

Everyone was shocked to see that only DO and Nappeun Gizibe were walking towards the center stage.

 

“Wae? Waeyo?” Panel 3 wondered aloud

 

“What is happening?” Panel 4 added in shock

 

“Baekhyun and Chen are not going to sing?” Panel 1 asked

 

“Neh, we are not going to sing, only DO and noona.” Baekhyun replied

 

“Oh! Noona?!” Panel 5 noticed they were not calling her by her given nickname

 

“Whoa! It seems as though you became close with Nappeun Gizibe!” MC pointed out, to which the three men; Chen, Baekhyun and DO just smiled

 

“So, they are the ones going to sing?” Panel 6 said out of curiosity

 

“Neh, since we three have some solo songs, we decided to play a game and whoever won will get to do a duet with her.” Chen answered

 

“And DO won!” Baekhyun cheered much to DO’s irritation

 

“Okay… then what are you going to perform then?” MC shifted his attention to DO who was just standing still beside Nappeun Gizibe.

 

“Ah neh, this is a song released under SM Station, I collaborated with Yoo Young Jin hyung for this one, it is entitled Tell Me (epilogue)” DO explained in one go.

 

“Kyaaaah!!! I know that song! Oppa! Are you going to sing it?” Panel 7 shrieked out of excitement, a fan girling moment for her.

 

“Tell Me of Wonder Girls?” Panel 3 was at a loss

 

“Yah! Yah! Get a hold of yourself!” MC jested,

 

“Alright, now let us welcome on the stage, DO and Nappeun Gizibe… Tell Me.”

 

DO then adjusted his ear piece and glanced at Chaerin seeing her struggling with the wire of her earpiece that got tangled with her hair, DO then reached out his right hand not after getting her permission to do so and untangled her hair with the earpiece.

 

It was a scene that made the audience go “Awwwww…”

 

“They are going to sing right?” Panel 2 asked in jest

 

DO then shook his shoulders to release tension and looked at Chaerin to see if she’s ready, she nodded as DO then gave the signal to the band to start.

 

(let us just imagine it is DO and CL singing a duet...)

 

They were standing side by side, two paces away from each other. The moment the band started playing, Chaerin was the first one to do an adlib first. As the two were singing the first verse, seeing the two sing together and glance at each other, it was as if they were taken into a world where the two were telling a story of their impending breakup as a couple.

 

They were exchanging lines of the song in the second verse, and it was as if they were really conversing the lines, they were so into the song that even Baekhyun and Chen were left in awe, with their mouths half open watching a heartbreaking break up happening in a song.

 

DO was passionate in delivering his line as Chaerin was, they were reciprocating each other and were matching each other’s tones and harmony.

 

“Tell me what is looooooooveeeeeee…” those were the last lines of the song being  belted out by the two which left everyone in awe at the passionate performance they presented.

 

“Waaaaahhh!!! You are not really breaking up are you?” Panel 3 exclaimed

 

“Are you two in a relationship?” Panel 1 asked dangerously

 

“Ani ani ani ani! It’s just the song…” DO answered immediately to avoid any misunderstanding

 

“Yaaaaahhhh, why do you look guilty?” Baekhyun teased which left DO speechless

 

“If I may say… I honestly am not familiar of DO’s voice… and to think it soulful and to add to that Nappeun Gizibe’s vocal color matches with him, waaaah, it was such a moving performance.” Panel 5 stated and clapped

 

“I loved how DO expressed his emotions when he was singing these lines, while stomping his feet on the ground, as if to express his frustration…”

‘Itangge jeongmal saranginge majeulkka’

‘Is there such a thing love?’

" />

 

“Neh Nappeun Gizibe, how was it performing with DO?” MC asked

 

“I didn’t feel nervous at all, he was giving me encouragement, looking at me and leading me well” Chaerin replied as the women in the audience swooned over to the scene where DO was helping her with her ear piece

 

“He has such charisma on stage, especially while performing, he gets into the song and gives such a passionate performance, it really is overwhelming to watch him sing and see him singing a duet with a woman, with a break up theme… it seems as though both of them were torn.” Panel 7 stated her observation trying to keep her fangirl mode in.

 

“I am a new fan DO!” Panel 1 stated as DO bowed towards him in gratitude.

 

“Now, how about a hug for Nappeun Gizibe, for being the perfect Fantastic Duo for our EXO’s DO!” MC suggested as he saw Baekhyun gesture a hug

 

“Neh?” DO was taken aback as he saw Baekhyun and Chen at the side gesturing a hug,

 

Chaerin was just smiling nervously, because DO was walking closer to her and closing the gap between them two, as he opened his arms widely and welcomed her into his arms, and by accident, Chaerin’s forehead was at the height of DO’s lips.

 

:X

 

“Whoaaaaa a forehead kiss!!!!”