end

Falling for One-Date Guy
Please log in to read the full chapter

Her phone buzzes as she lines up at a convenience store holding the basket with one hand and her purse in the other. After paying for her purchase, she fishes her phone from her pocket.

 

Minhyuk (3:39am): Wer r you

 

She calls him and they both talk when he answers,

“Why’d you leave?“

“Can’t text properly?”

 

For once, the roles are reversed, with Krystal being the snarky one. But wait, did she just hear worry taint his voice?

 

“The light from the screen hurt my eyes. Anyway, are you still coming back here?”

“Yes. On my way now. Just bought some food to eat from the store downstairs.”

Krystal senses she heard a relieved sigh on the other line, before he answers with an “okay.”

 

She wonders why Minhyuk’s standing by the door when she arrives. She gives him a warm smile and a pat on his shoulder. “You can go back to sleep. I’ll cook soup.”

 

When he wakes up for the second time that morning, food is ready. She feeds him and he is grateful.

 

“Did you sleep yet?” Minhyuk tries to keep his eyes open when he asks her.

 

“I took a nap on the couch earlier. Why?”

 

“But that’s uncomfortable. You can stay here if you want. I’ll move to the couch.”

 

And before Minhyuk could move, she keeps him still by pinning his shoulders down.

 

“Are you crazy? You’re sick. I’m fine here.”

 

“I don’t want you to go home yet. It’s still too early and too dark outside. But I don’t want you to stay up either.”

 

“I said I’m fine.”

 

 

Somehow, she ended up on the other side of the queen bed beside him. It felt too comfy that she didn’t realize how late it was. Regardless, she didn’t quite want to leave after seeing the sight in front of her. Minhyuk smiles at her as he woke up.

 

She tries not to dwell on it but she sees his sad expression when she leaves in the morning.

 

---

 

One date becomes two. And more and more dates soon followed.

 

Honestly, they just did the same things they used to: going out to dinners, watching movies, visiting friends, and attending gigs.

 

But tonight is something new. News forecast says there’s a meteor shower so Minhyuk doesn’t pass up the opportunity to watch it with Krystal. They drive to a hill overlooking Seoul.

 

Krystal is both touched and surprised when Minhyuk brings out a blanket and spread it on the ground, complete with packed dinner and dessert, all provided by his mother, of course.

 

“Thank you.” Krystal says after a few seconds, her smile up to her ears.

 

Minhyuk smiles back at her with eyes crinkling. And even though he doesn’t say anything, his eyes speak volumes in the lines of gratitude and incredible happiness.

 

---

 

“Why don’t we play a game to pass the time? 20 questions.”

 

Minhyuk suggests and Krystal nods. “Sure. You start.”

 

Minhyuk nods before immediately asking, “What does Jessica-noona think of me? What do I do for her to like me?”

 

“Yah. One question at a time.” Krystal giggles but answers the questions anyway. “She likes you. She was just making sure you’re not the stereotypical handsome heartbreaker playboy type. You better prove you’re not.”

 

“I’m not.” But his smile is too wide so Krystal questions him. “You called me handsome.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter