Chapter 1: The Forger

May Satan Have Mercy On Your Soul

Night 1:

“Okay, everyone’s asleep. What info have you got?”

The Mafia gathered together in their little hut in a forest and discussed what they knew, which town member was on to them and, most importantly, who to kill.

“Jin’s a spy. He has been spying on us since day one.”

“Yeah and Luhan is a veteran. He may or may not be on alert tonight.”

They discussed the details for an hour. They talked about new techniques and debated on who they think was a better target. They concluded that Jin should be the next to die as he would have overheard everything they conversed about and confront the town.

“Alright head back, guys. I’ll handle this.”

 

“Jin.”

Jin turned back, stumbling on a rock as he held onto his pen and will; attempting to hide it. At the top of the will stated -JIN SPY- in red bold writing. It has been permanently smeared to the will since the day he was born. That role was given to him since birth. Whether or not he accepts the role is all up to him. He had the choice to be a spy or a normal citizen. This will is not to be seen by anyone until the day the heavens call for you. Aka, death.

And now that role is being taken away from him. His cries are muffled by a huge hand covering his mouth as he feels something sharp stab his back.

“STOP!” Jin managed to mumble out. “Won’t…tell…town…”

“Beg all you want, pretty boy.”

He could feel the warm blood seeping through his shirt and onto his skin. He is then further knocked out by the rock he tripped over as it is used to beat him up, devilishly. Jin is seen lying like a corpse on the ground and is left there to rot. The murderer left a death will next to the seemingly dead body. He touched Jin’s broad shoulder. Warm. But then slowly, he was out cold. No pulse. He smirked monstrously. He picked up Jin’s will and the rock as he walks back to the hut. He opens it to find his fellow members fast asleep. He walks up to one of them, silently, as nudges their shoulder urging them to wake up. As his fellow member’s eyes flutter open slowly, he shoves the will into his chest.

“Hey Kyungsoo, forge this s**t for me. I’m gonna go get rid of this bloody rock.”

 

 

Day 2:

“Kim Seokjin was found dead last night,” Junmyeon announced on the loudspeaker, “He was killed by a member of the Mafia. We found a will next to their body.”

--KIM TAEHYUNG IS MAF—

“We found a death will next to their body.”

--MAY SATAN HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL—

“Jin’s role was a spy.”

The ring of the bell blasted their ears, informing them that it was time to discuss and talk to one another about what they know and who to lynch. Jin’s will has placed everyone in shock as it stated who the Mafia was. Whether or not they believe it is nonetheless up to the town.

The majority of the votes are against Taehyunh, he would have to defend himself with persuasive reasoning.

“Who here votes for Taehyung?” asked Chanyeol, who slowly raised his arm.

“I’m voting guilty,” Tao stated also raising his arm.

Taehyung has been asked to take the stand. He nervously went up and stared and the eyes of few. Such a seemingly innocent town, yet, some become so deadly at night. Their eyes are so kind, yet, so intimidating. His palms start to sweat as he trembles.

“Kim Taehyung, you are on trial for conspiracy against the town. What is your defence?” Joonmyeon asked.

“I…I’m innocent…please believe me…” Taehyung started, “I’m a jailor…please…”

The town glanced and whispered to one another. The whispers only made Taehyung feel more nervous. Were they accusing him? Or were they being lenient? He couldn’t hear anything.

“I don’t think he is innocent,” Jongin whispered to Kyungsoo, “I mean, Jin was part of the town, right? We should trust him.” Kyungsoo subtly laughed to himself as he nodded to Jongin.

 

“Attention town. Please vote on the fate of Kim Taehyung. Guilty or innocent? I repeat, is Kim Taehyung guilty or innocent?” Junmyeon announced

One by one, the so-called town members would raise their arms to vote guilty. Some chose to abstain while two voted innocent. Thus, majority ruled.

“Kim Taehyung, do you have any last words?”

The sound of the wind blowing gently filled the pregnant silence that is of Taehyung. And from there he groaned and was hung on the spot. A few struggles and a few strains was then lead to another deadly silence. There was no written will in his possession.

“Kim Taehyung’s role was a Jailor.”

 This led to confusion and worry within the town. The mafia team was getting stronger and stronger as traumatising nights go by. You couldn’t trust anyone at this rate.  

Luhan looked towards Sehun shockingly as he shared his surprises and stories. Sehun could only look back in fear and worry. He didn’t know why, he just felt something clutching his heart when he looked into Luhan’s beautiful brown eyes. Love at first sight? Or was it something more dangerous?

This has happened many times before. He couldn’t exactly understand the concept well but he knew something was wrong. Fear? Danger? Love? So many questions left unanswered and so much confusion left misunderstood.

“Right Sehunnie?” He was so lost in thought he forgot to listen. More importantly, he was so captivated by Luhan that he forgot to breathe.

“R-right Deer.”

“Town dismissed!”