Hallelujah

Brighter

Part 2: Dedicated to kpoplover435

(thank you for the sequel suggestion! here it is ^_^)

A/N: This was originally a one-shot but I added this since I found inspiration. 

Still a song fic. 

Song: Hallelujah - Paramore

×××

2 years later

Yuta walked around his kitchen lazily, eyes still heavy from sleep.

It was morning. The start of another dreadful, boring day at work. He barely have any friends and not on speaking terms with most of his colleagues so yes; his life is indeed uneventful.

A knock on his front door brought him out of his sleepy trance. 

Yuta frowned. No one had ever visited his apartment ever since Taeyong left. Not even his family. He was definitely alone in the past couple of years, with only his hopes of Taeyong returning willing him to continue living.

He sighed and walked towards the door, placing his hand on the knob hesitantly, wondering if he should open it. 

"Do you really take your time when you open the door or do you just want to make me wait long outside?" drawled a familiar voice... a voice Yuta hadn't heard since...

"Taeyong!" he exclaimed, instantly pulling the door open and throwing his arms around the other's neck. "Oh my god I missed you so much." he told Taeyong.

Taeyong's arms immediately found their way to Yuta's waist. "Me too." he sighed. "Aren't you going to let me in?"

Yuta flashed him his healing smile. "Come in."

 

Somehow, everything's gonna fall right into place

 

"I'm sorry about the mess. I know your obssessive compulsive nature can't stand it but..." Yuta said. 

Taeyong wrinkled his nose mockingly. "You're lucky that I'll be here to clean it up for you." he teased. 

Yuta only rolled his eyes in response, but failed to keep the smile off his face for seeing Taeyong again. He had waited so long for this. 

"I still can't believe you're here again." he muttered. "You'll never leave again, right?" 

Taeyong smiled back at him. "Of course not." he replied softly. "We will face everything together."

 

If we only had a way to make it all fall faster everyday

If only time flew like a dove

Well God, make it fly faster than I'm falling in love

 

Yuta felt like he was falling in love with Taeyong all over again. 

He smiled. "You promise?"

"You know that I never go back on my word." Taeyong muttered, plopping himself on the couch on Yuta's living room. "Come. Sit here beside me." 

"Shouldn't I be the one inviting you to sit down?" Yuta asked, amused. He immediately threw himself beside Taeyong, leaning in his form and placing his head on the other's shoulder. 

Taeyong looked down at him. "So?" he murmured. 

"I missed you so much." he whispered, carding his fingers through Yuta's hair. "I won't ever leave again, I promise. We will make things work out this time. We will face everything together. May it be other people's judgement or financial problems... I'll always be by your side." 

Yuta removed his head from Taeyong's shoulder and looked up his eyes gratefully. 

"Thank you. I love you." 

"I love you too."

 

This time we're not giving up

Let's make it last forever 

Screaming hallelujah

We'll make it last forever

 

They stayed like that for a while.

Yuta shook his head, still not believing that Taeyong was here. 

He looked up at the other boy, who seems like he was also lost in his own thoughts, staring at his features again. 

Taeyong looked as handsome as before, if not more attractive. His jawline got more pronounced and his cheekbones looked sharper, indicating that he lost weight but it still suited him. He still has the same piercing eyes and messy dark hair. 

"Why are you staring?" Taeyong asked. 

"Nothing. I just can't believe this is happening... And I can't wait for you to always be by my side." Yuta said. 

Taeyong smiled at him. 

"I'm already here... at your side."

 

Holding onto patience wearing thin

I can't force these eyes to see the end

If only time flew like a dove

We could watch it fly and just keep looking up

 

"This is so unreal." Yuta whispered. 

Taeyong chuckled. "I know... We're finally together again. But we have nothing but time."

 

And we've got time on our hands

Got nothing but time on our hands

Got nothing but, got nothing but

Got nothing but time on our hands

 

It was true. 

He and Taeyong have nothing but time. 

They have no money, no support, no friends, no one, nothing. 

No one but each other and nothing but time. 

Time to grow more and make themselves more successful. Time for each other. Time to make names for themselves. Simply time. 

"I know." Yuta said softly. 

"And we will use it wisely."

 

This time we're not giving up

Oh, we'll make it last forever

Screaming hallelujah

 

Oh, they would definitely make it last forever, since they have no intentions of separating again. 

Ever. 

They would never give up, no matter what it takes. 

 

Hallelujah.