Brighter

Brighter

A/N: this is a song fic. 

Song: Brighter - Paramore

×××

So this is how it goes...

Well I, I would have never known

 

"Yuta... I'm sorry." Taeyong said sadly... 

"What is this about, Tae?" Yuta asked him in confusion. 

 

And if it ends today...

Well I'll still say that you shine brighter than anyone...

 

"I'm leaving. I'm sorry." Taeyong whispered, avoiding eye contact with him. 

No. This cannot be. He can't just leave like this... 

Yuta tried to say something but he just can't. His mind seems to have shut off as the meaning of what Taeyong said sank in. 

No. Was this because of their problems? Well if it is... then why? They can solve those for heaven's sake. Everyone in the world goes through a lot of challenges... 

But Yuta doubts it. Taeyong has never backed down before. So what is this all about? 

 

Now I think we're taking this too far

Don't you know that it's not this hard? 

Well it's not this hard.

 

"Yuta... I know this must be a big shock but... I'm sorry. I just can't." Taeyong told him, still not meeting his gaze. 

"Why?" he finally asked. "Why? Why now? Weren't you the one that said that we're going to reach our dreams together? You can't just leave like this." Yuta said, his voice cracking as he tried to control his emotions. 

"That's it, Yuta. It's not possible for you and I to reach our dreams... You know how much our families are against us, and probably even fate. This just won't work out." 

 

But if you take what's yours and I take mine,

Must we go there?

Please not this time...

No not this time. 

 

Yuta stared at Taeyong. 

"Is this really you? Are you the Taeyong I know? I thought you don't care? And now, you'll leave just because everyone is against us?" 

"You know how homophobic everyone is, Yuta. Almost no one would agree with our relationship. Our community accepting couples like us is just fantasy. They would never ever approve of this. Other countries probably do, but there is still discrimination upon it. They would never understand unless they experience it." Taeyong said. 

"So you decide to just give up?" Yuta asked incredulously. 

 

Well this is not your fault...

But if I'm without you

Then I would feel so small

 

"Is doing what they wish to do... for now... considered giving up?" Taeyong asked delicately. 

Yuta almost smiled. "For now? Do you mean... that this is temporary?" 

"You mean... You're okay with it now?" Taeyong asked with wide eyes, as if he was not believing it. 

 

And if you have to go

Well always know that you shine brighter than anyone does

 

Yuta laughed. "Yes.." he said. "It hurts. It really does. But if that's what you want, then so be it."

Taeyong sighed, rubbing his eyes. 

"I did not want this." he whispered softly. "My parents just forced me to leave. They can't deal with us anymore. They say I should concentrate in my studies alone."

 

If you run away now

Will you come back around?

 

"I understand." Yuta whispered back. "I will wait for you, Tae."

Taeyong looked at him gratefully. 

 

And if you ran away

I'd still wave goodbye

Watching you shine bright

 

"Thank you so much, Yuta. I love you."

"I love you too, Taeyong."

 

I'll wave goodbye

Watching you shine bright

 

Yuta just hopes that someday... Taeyong will return. Someday, everyone will accept them... And that someday, every dream they have will turn into reality and they would cherish each other forever. 

He will wait for that day.

Even if it's forever.

He will never stop waiting. 

Just for Taeyong.

 

I'll wave goodbye,

Tonight.