Why Hide?

Bucket List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I said I can clean my room myself!" "But hyung, I want to treat you like a princess!" Jongin said back, earning a playful smack from the smaller. "Don't talk to your new husband like that!" He said as he brought another box in. "I'm gonna take more of your stuff from the moving van, Mr. Kim." "Should I help you, Mrs. Kim?" "Yah, don't call me Mrs. I'm a man." Kyungsoo retorted, voice trailing off as he walked down the corridor.

As soon as Kyungsoo left, Kai decided to clean his hyung, now husband's, his hyungsband's room. He was going to move in Kyungsoo's house after all. This was the best he could do. Even though his Kyungsoo was neat and organized, the only place he neglects was his own room. He takes each paper, smoothing out the creases and piling them up neatly until-

A paper poking out of Kyungsoo's closet caught his eye. Geez, Kyungsoo hyung must be really busy. Putting papers in his closet. He never lets me touch his closet and I'm the one who sorts out his papers. Then something in him jolted in suspicion. Unless, He thought. unless he 's hiding something from me.

Jongin was the faithful husband, he really was. But the only thing that had caused cracks and scars in their relationship before was because Kyungsoo thought that Jongin didn't trust him. It's just misplaced, he thought, but read it anyway.

 

oxoxo

 

"Is something bothering you Nini?"

Yes. Something was bothering him. Kyungsoo had a 90% chance of being terminal, and he even though he knew that there was another ten percent, he would still be in pain. "Jongin?"

"I'm okay Soosoo, just distracted. You know, thinking of our future. What we're going to be."

Kyungsoo looked surprised for a second, then gave him a slightly sad smile. "You know, there is going to be something really, really, life changing happening, I just want you to be ready-"

The rest of Kyungsoo's words to him were a blur. He knew already. He knew that his husband wasn't going to be with him in the future. "-And so I-"

"Hyung."

"Hm?"

"Let's make a bucket list hyung."

"What for?"

"You know... Fun."

"That's a great idea, Nini! We didn't even got to have much fun when we were dating. Do you have any paper?"

 

oxoxo

 

Even though he tried to focus on his own paper, he kept looking at Kyungsoo's. They were filled with so many places, so many things they did in the past, which made him smile, but have an empty, hollow feeling inside.

1.Park/Byun Cafe

2.Hunhan Bubble Tea 

3.Go to park

4.Baekhyun's kid/My nephew

5. Visit Jongin's dance studio one last ti_-____

"Why do all the things we did before, hyung? And plus, eating fried chicken is what we did all the time anyway." Jongin suddenly said, making Kyunsoo's pencil slip across the paper. "Yah! No peeking!" Kyungsoo squeaked, covering the paper with his hands. "You didn't write anything, husband." He said with a pout. "Were you trying to cheat? And plus, I never visited Chanhyun. That's something new. Baek couldn't come to our wedding because he was going through labor, remember?"

Jongin nodded, looking at the list again. "What do you mean by going to my studio one last time?" Which made Kyungsoo stutter for a moment. "B-because it smells, silly! And maybe because soon I might not be able to go..." "What?" "Oh, nothing. What do you want to do, Kai sshi?"

 

oxoxo

  "What? Do everything I want to do?" Kyungsoo didn't understand why his husband was suddenly like this. Yes, it has been a few weeks since they've married, and sure he just moved into his own house. Kyungsoo thought it was sweet that Jongin even cleaned his room, like what he did for him back in high school. Then why did he suddenly talk about making a bucket list? Doing all the stuff he wanted to do?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter