Chapter 10: Stolen Kisses x Goodbyes

Baby-Sitting A Pretty Boy

Next day...

Jerry came over early to help me organise the dinner and I know I was in good hands. Jerry throws one of the best parties, I don't know how he does it but he always pulls it off effortlessly which never fails to amazed me. It's one of his many talents and yes, it's bonus to have such friends especially for people like me.

First thing we did was list down all the requirements and then went for a quick shopping. Once we got back home, Jerry pretty much took over and I just helped him whenever he needed. Haejin also came over to help out.

Oh yeah, I forgot to introduce Haejin. Well, he's one of the sweetest guy I know and we often hang out a lot. Now...now don't get any ideas. As much as I adore this muffin, he's like a little brother to me. More importantly, he is Jerry's soulmate that makes him family. I still remember how Jerry was so smitten on their very first date and gave me sleepless night coz he couldn't stop talking about him. 2 years down and they still are very much in love and I you not, they make the cutest couple.

Haejin is a chef by profession and to me that's one of my biggest blessings. Why? because he loves to cook and I love to eat, so yeah we pretty much make a perfect team hahaha. Often, I get the honor to try out the new recipes at his restaurant before anyone else which of course! I obliged gladly.

*****

Around noon, pretty boy had called saying they would be there towards the evening as he was taking Jackson out and showing him around. I told him that they can come over whenever they were done. By five most of my friends had come and the house was buzzing with life. I took one last round to see if everything was ready before I went to join the gang.

"So Nat, tell us what it's like to babysit a pretty boy?" Jess teased while Rica wiggle her eyebrows asking if I have fallen for him yet.
"Yeah right! Yep...I sure have fallen head over heels for him and guess what, I might just marry him" I laughed.

"Jokes apart, he seems a nice guy and I have seen how he behave towards you. He likes you Nat, you should give it a chance" Jess suddenly said in all seriousness.

"What! No way. Pleaseeee...he could have any girl he wants"

"Like duh! he's a freaking heartthrob and girls flocked around him wherever he goes. Trust me, he's just messing around for fun"

"Moreover, he's leaving tomorrow and you know how I feel about long distance even if I have to consider it, not that i'm going to.

"So, yeah I think I'll pass and FYI I don't think I'm cut out for relationships nor am I interested in one. So you guys need to stop trying to fixed me up with every other guy"

I am honestly scared to meet any of your so called friends" I told them.

'And as much as I envy your relationships, I'm happy with myself' I added.
Hoping dearly, it will get through to them this time. Just then, the door bell rang and I heard Jackson calling. That stop the guys from putting me on the Hot Seat.
Save by bell Nat, save by the bell I told myself as I went to get the door.

"Noona!" Jackson hugged me the moment I opened the door while Pretty boy stood silently behind.
"Hey guys, come in, everyone is here and waiting for you guys" I smiled moving aside so they can come in.

"Oh great, I'm excited to meet your friends noona" Jackson said as he hurried inside.

"Mark?" I called as he just stood there, hands behind.
"Aren't you coming in?" I asked a little confused.

That's when he brought out the flowers '
"Here...this' for you"

"Huh! For me?" I asked surprised as I took the flowers.
"They are really beautiful, thank you but you didn't need to" I told him.
"Jackson said I should get one for you" pretty boy replied.

"Oh! ok, that's very sweet of him" I murmured not sure how I should react to that.
Realizing we are still standing by the door. I told him to come in as everyone was waiting inside.

"There they are...we thought you guys ditched the party", Jess said as we enter the room.
Everyone laughed at her comment but thankfully no one teased us further and Mark went ahead and sat down with the guys while I went to get our drinks. I heard the guys asking him how his stay was and if he will be coming back again anytime soon. I didn't get to hear his answer as I was already in the Kitchen by then. I grabbed two bottles of beer and head back to join the group. I sat down next to Pretty boy as all the other seats were occupied. I had a feeling the es had something to do with the arrangement.

Everyone seems to be having a good time talking about everything and anything under the sun. Jackson in particular was ever the entertaining one and had everyone laughing their with his crazy stories and antics. Pretty boy didn't talk much but he did had some interesting stories for himself. Watching how the boys were getting along so well with my friends had me thinking how I was gonna miss them somehow. The past 2 weeks had been eventful with tons of memories made. I must have been smiling, lost in my own thoughts coz the next thing I know, pretty boy was asking why I was smiling. Apparently, they were talking about something serious and there I was smiling all to myself. Others didn't really notice as they were too engrossed in whatever they were discussing.

"What! Sorry, I had something in my mind" I replied hurriedly.

"Hmm...Thoughts about me?" he whispered leaning over.

"Yeah right!" I laughed.
Just then Jackson stood up and announced it was time for party games which had me cringing. Everyone seems to be hype except me. Reason been, I have always been that one person who tends to get the most punishments in the group everytime we play games. So, I quickly volunteered to be the host for the games but I was stamped with a big no.

"C'mon you guys know me. I at this games, give me a break this time" I pleaded.

"Babe, you are the fun part, no way are we letting you off" Jerry laughed.
"Seriously, c'mon" I pleaded again but no one seems to give a dime to my pleading. So I gave up, wishing and hoping this time around I'd be more lucky.

We started off with "Spin the bottle" and of course, like a tradition, I was the first victim. Like why am I'm even surprise. I knew it would be, based on my record so far. We had options to choose our punishments. It was either 'Truth or Dare or take shots' I went for the shots and then spin the bottle. This time, it went to Jackson. He picked Dare and everyone voted for a y dance routine. Jackson been Jackson went full out and won a round of applause from the guys. I mean, c'mon its Jackson even if he was to do a retarded dance, the guys would still adore him right?. He had such a character that can charm anyone in minutes.

The game took a turn when Rica's suggested that everyone should write down 3 punishments in a paper and the loser will have to pick one and do whatever was written on chit. Jackson took his turn and funny enough Rica was the next victim.

"Damn it, this wasn't the plan" Rica burst out which got everyone laughing.
The punishment box was passed on to her and she picked one of the chits.

"What!...do I really have to do this?" Rica frowned as she continued to look at the chit

"Well you started it yourself, you have to do it. Now, can you read out what the punishment is" Jerry asked excitedly.

"Hmmm..." it says "Sit on the lap of the person on your right for the rest of the game!"
Jackson was on her right and that would mean she had to sit on his lap for the rest of the game. Jackson burst out laughing
"well babe my lap is all yours".
The look on Rica's face was priceless as she awkwardly move over and sat on Jackson's lap.

"Now that looks comfy", Haejin commented as Rica sat down,making everyone laugh.
"Alright, let's move on, we have Rica on Wang's lap, what now?" Jerry exclaimed in excitement.

We carried on the game and everyone had their share of punishments except for Pretty boy who always seems to escape the spin. Now everyone was after him. It was hilarious how the guys spin the bottle trying their best to get it to Pretty boy. The game went on for another hour and by the end of it, we look like a bunch of messed up individuals. Jerry with the ridiculous hairdo, Jess in hilarious make-up which was done by Haejin blindfolded. Jackson shirtless with Rica on his lap. I was down with 3 shots and tipsy. Only Pretty boy seems to be the normal one.

Frustrated, Rica announced that we will do the last spin and the loser will have to pick two chits. Everyone agreed and the guys exchanged looks which had me wondering what the retards are up to now. Careful lady, you just might end up getting it, I warned Rica. Haejin spinned the bottle with Rica breathing down his neck telling him to give a really good spin. Everyone was on their toes watching the bottle as it slow down. My heart sank and I scream, "Nooooo..." as I saw the bottle slowly coming to a halt in my direction. "No please, no please I pleaded..." when suddenly Rica screamed diverting our attention from the game.

"Sorry, my bad, the excitement got to me" she said sheepishly.

Dreading, I look at the bottle which was now miraculously pointed solid at Pretty Boy. "YES!!" I exclaimed out of relief. Jess was already carrying the box to Mark herself.

"Pick it up, Pick it up" Jackson hoot along with Rica.
I laughed seeing how the two were so similar. It took them just few minutes before they got over the awkwardness and had them in cahoots.

"Alright alright...here I go" Mark said as he dive in the box and picked one the chits. He laughed as he read it, then turn to me and winked. Wait! that looks fishy, what the hell is the punishment I shuddered at the thought.
"C'mon dude! read it out" Wang shouted with Rica backing him and hooting. Seriously, this two!

"Ok Ok..." its says, "Kiss the person on your left" and turn towards me with a smirk curling up his lips.

Everyone scream "YES!"
Like the whole time they were just waiting for this. This es, I silently swore. I was so sure it was Jess chit, this girl just never give up does she, I mentally eye roll.

"Jesus! you guys are savage" I told them.
"Ok, let's get done with this" I said as I put on my poker face while my inner goddess was having a meltdown.

To make matter worse, the moment Pretty Boy lean in to give me a kiss on the cheek, Jess interrupted.

"Mark! we will excused the second punishment if you make the kiss count".

"WHAT!" I turned to Jess horrified.
"What do you mean, make it count?"
Everyone seems to be on board with the suggestion. Like that wasn't enough, everyone started giving their opinions. Jerry and Haejin were all for 'make it look like you meant it' while Jackson and Rica was all about making it into a dramatic scene. Jess stood there having the time of her life, smiling like a idiot, nodding in approval at the bunch crazy opinions.

"Are you guys kidding me!!!" I exclaimed.

Before I could say anything more, Pretty boy pulled me in all of a sudden and before I could react, his lips was crushing on mine.

Not to sound dramatic and all but...

I think time stood still in my brain. I could only feel his lips and I'd be damn, they were soft. The next thing I know, my hands seems to move on their own, wrapping around Pretty Boy's neck pulling him in. I was so sure I saw him smirked as he pulled me closer and deepened the Kiss.
While half of my brain was lost in the kiss, the other half was telling me to stop. If I may add, been alcohol infused wasn't helping the situation either. The awwh...aaahs from our audience brought me back to reality. Startled, I step away in reflex only to stumble on the bottle and nearly falling flat on my face if not for Pretty boy who caught me. WOW classy, real classy I mentally kicked myself.

"Now that's what we called a Kiss"
Jess said fully satisfied with herself like she nailed her plan. Jerry and Haejin laughed and agreed.

"Dude! that was a good one, I'm convinced".
"Are you guys sure, there's nothing going between you two??" they all asked.

"WHAT! NO"
I burst out which was not very wise as it sounded too defensive that I might as well be adding fuel to the fire. Mark just laughed and wink at them. Seriously, you're not helping I hissed elbowing him. Realizing Mark was still holding me, I pull myself out and step aside.

"Ok people, I think we have enough drama for this game.
Can we moved on? Anyone hungry?" I asked trying to divert the attention off me.

"I am" Jackson said raising his hand like a kid.
I laughed and asked everyone if they want to proceed to dinner as well and maybe continue with the drinks or games later if they are still up for it. Everyone agreed and we moved into the dinning room for dinner.

The conversation was light over dinner and once we were done, we moved back to the living room. Jerry and Haejin decided to go for a walk and get ice-creams for everyone while they were at it. Jackson and Rica somehow seems to hit off and they were busy bickering about something while Jess was on call with her boyfriend since he was out of town. That left Pretty Boy and I to ourselves.

"So, what time is your flight tomorrow?" I asked making myself comfortable on the sofa.
I sipped my wine watching him settle himself down on the other end of the sofa facing me.

"I have an evening flight at 5:00pm" Mark replied.

"Do you want me to drop you?" I asked.

"Nah, you don't have to.
Gramps is seeing us off plus, I've already took too much of your time" he laughed.

"Hey! it was part of my job" I humor him.
"Anyways, I had a good time so I can't complaint" I added.

We talk about some random stuffs until Jerry and Haejin return with the Ice-creams.

An hour later, Jerry and Haejin wished the boys for their upcoming comeback and left after saying goodbye. Jess also left as she had work the next day while Rica agreed to stay back along with Mark and Jackson.

The four of us decided to watch some movies as the night was still young. By then, Rica and Jackson were best buddies. The kid sure knows how to make friends, I thought. It reminded of me of him and Youngji on Roommate.

If you are wondering, Rica is the maknae in our friends circle. We first met her when Jess and I attended a product launch. It so happen to be one of Rica's product. Only child to one of the top Chaebol of a leading cosmetic brand. We later bump into her again in our favourite coffee shop which also happen to be hers and rest was history. She can be a child sometimes but that's what makes her adorable. It's been years now since we have been friends and we were inseparable despite our age differences. Her folks were one of the nicest people, very humble despite their status.

Jackson and Rica brought back 2 huge bowls of popcorn and gave one to us, keeping one for themselves and settle down in the next couch. Half way through the movie I took a peek at the duo only to find them fast asleep. I smiled and looked at Mark who also happen to notice them.
"Should we wake them up?" I whispered.
"No, let them sleep" Mark said.

I slowly got up and remove the bowl from Jackson's grip while Mark went to get a light blanket and covered them. We sat back to watch the movie when Mark suddenly asked if we could go for a walk around the block. With the duo sleeping, I thought we might as well go.

I grabbed a light sweater on my way out as it was getting a little chilly outside. The sky was clear and it seems like one of those Autumn nights I love. The gentle autumn breeze lightly caressing the face was always a wonderful feeling. We slowly walk down towards the park which was not far from my place. As we strolled down, Mark slowly came and hold my hand. Startled I looked up. He just smiled and didn't say a word. I would have pulled away if it was any other time but tonight seems to be different and it felt just right to hold on. So, I smiled back and kept walking, our fingers entwined.

Just this night Nat, I told myself as we continued walking down the path......

 

To be continued....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author note

Thanks for checking out the story. I hope you guys will continue to support my lame writing Hahaha.

Please VOTE and comment your thoughts if you like this chapter.

Excused the self promotion but if you happen to like my FF, please check out my other stories as well hahaha