(2)-Junhong

Not So Different, Are We?

Junhong opened his eyes to the sound of his alarm, and only that sound. It had become pretty strange for him to wake up in his own bed to almost complete silence, since it rarely ever happened because of his parents’ constant arguing and shouting in the morning. His parents had gone out of town for a few days, leaving him the house to himself, and he was pretty upset that today was the last day of this month's trip, but still glad he wouldn't be home as they were arriving back home. It wasn't like he didn't like his parents, he did. He loved them very much, they just got into arguments over stupid things all the time.

He sat up and stretched, turning off his alarm and standing up. He got dressed, got his things and walked out to the living room,  where he sat his things down and went to the kitchen to make something, his brain making the ultimate decision that he wanted some cereal. He poured himself a bowl and sat down at the counter to eat, setting his phone down on the counter as well. His phone screen lit up and the touch screen device began ringing as his friend Jongup’s contact photo showed up. He picked up the phone, answering with a garbled “hello?” Followed by more crunching from his cereal.

“Well at least now I know you're actually up.” Junhong heard a chuckle from the other line. “You want a ride? You're obviously not catching the bus and we're running late.”

Junhong shoved another spoonful of cereal into his mouth, this time to deliberately bother Jongup (he knew it was working from the annoyed groan coming from him). “Sure, when are you guys leaving?” *crunch crunch*

Jongup could barely understand what the hell Junhong was saying but managed to find the question somewhere in that garbled nonsense. The crunching annoyed him too, as it was extremely loud and obnoxious over the phone. “About five minutes or so.”

“Alright. I'll *crunch crunch* see you there. Just let me know when you get here. Bye.” He hung up the phone and set it down again, finishing his cereal after a couple minutes, washing the bowl and moving to the couch to sit down.

After a few minutes, Junhong heard the knock on his door, and got up to open it. Jongup peeked inside the house behind Junhong. “Your parents aren't home yet?”

Junhong shook his head and grabbed his things before following Jongup out the door and to his car. “They’re coming back a little later today.” the two got into the car, and Junhong greeted Jongup’s parents as they drove the two teens the short distance to the school.

They got out of the car and walked inside the school, greeting their normal group of friends before hurrying to their lockers because they had gotten there two minutes before the final bell for class to start rung.

Now it was Junhong’s turn to stumble into class right as the bell rang, literally tripping over his own feet and nearly falling if he didn't have good balance from being a dancer.

“You alright there Junhong..? One of the students asked him, an amused smile on her face.

“Yes, I'm fine. Long legs.” He muttered back. The whole class started chuckling at him; not a rude chuckle, like a genuine laugh because the response was quite humorous to them. A certain pink-haired boy was even covering his mouth to suppress a small chuckle he wanted to let out.

“Please take your seat, Junhong” the teacher said, a smile on her face as well.

Junhong made his way to his seat, smiling and whispering a quick “good morning” to his tablemates as he sat down.

Taehyung and Jungkook responded with simple “hello”s and Jihoon waved at him silently, his eyes crinkling up to show a friendly expression since he was still covering his mouth.

Class started and they were instructed to do group work, to make a poster explaining one element of literature they'd learned about through the last week, and present the next day in class. They all agreed Jihoon wouldn't have to be one of the people to present since he was new, so they all agreed to have him and Junhong do all the writing, and the other two present. They decided to get to work, and they did just that.

The bell signified class ended, and everyone got up to hurry out of their classes, essentially shoving each other out the door for whatever reason. Junhong waited behind and exited the cass when most of the students had left, and walked out, quickly walking to his next class.

When he walked in, he was greeted by Jongup arguing with Jongdae about who-knows-what when Jongdae just blurted out “Well you’re short too.” with a pout on his face.

“But I’m taller than you.” Jongup raised an eyebrow at him.

Jongup sat down at a desk in that area of the room. “Well, in my personal opinion, you’re both short.” he earned a few chuckles from the other students.

“That's because you’re like 15 meters tall.” Jongdae pouted.

“Why’d you start arguing though?” Junhong changed the subject.

“I called Xiumin short. He is, at least for his age.” Jongup shrugged it off like it were nothing.

“He’s not! You know who is, though? That new Jihoon kid” Jongdae chuckled lightly. Oblivious to the glare Junhong shot at him.

“You’d better watch yourself, Jongdae. Junhong looks ready to attack.” Jongup couldn’t help but laugh at Jongdae’s eyes widening as he looked up at the angry giant.

“He’s got enough people picking on him already, don’t add to that number.” Junhong huffed.

“Don’t worry, Jongdae. He wouldn’t hurt a fly” Jongup chuckled as Junhong’s glare switched to him.

“I could if I tried...” Junhong’s expression turned to a pout.

The bell rang and they all faced the front of the room for class to begin.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Junhong hurried out of third hour to get to the Gym, he wanted to Make sure Chanhee wouldn’t pick on Jihoon too much.

Not that he already kinda liked him a little bit..
Nope
Definitely not

He stepped into the locker room and saw Jihoon wave at him quickly before disappearing into a stall, probably because the smaller was insecure.

Which Junhong found adorable
No he didn’t
Okay, maybe a little.
...a lot.

It was really cute

Junhong sat on the bench in the center of the room and waited for Jihoon, who walked out soon after, stuffing his things into his locker and closing it.

“You waited for me?” Jihoon asked softly, as nobody else was currently in the locker room.

“Yep!” Junhong smiled widely and stood. He wasn’t quite sure why he was putting so much extra effort into being Jihoon’s friend, but he really wanted the smaller to trust him. The two walked out to the gym, being greeted with a substitute teacher. A message was written on the whiteboard against the wall that said ‘credit will be received as long as you’re not sitting out. Play basketball, walk laps, just keep moving!’

Jihoon saw some people already sitting on the bleachers or sitting next to the wall, obviously not caring about their participation points for the day. He wanted to sit out, and knew that he probably could if he wanted to since he was so new, but he decided against it, just in case.

“Want to come help me organize the locker room?” Junhong suddenly asked Jihoon.

“Actually organize the locker room or just sit in there and talk?” he said with a chuckle as Junhong rolled his eyes.

“Actually organize it. I’m the only person who can reach anything. Not to mention the only one that will actually do it.” Junhong lightly took Jihoon’s arm and walked with him over to the substitute. “Can we go organize the locker room?” He asked the substitute who was sitting on the bleachers, taking attendance with a picture sheet of the students.

“Will you actually do it? Not just screw around?” he raised an eyebrow as he looked up at Junhong.

“Yes, sir. You can come check up on us if you need to.” Junhong smiled.

“Alright. Go ahead.” He replied, a little reluctantly.

“Thank you.” Junhong bowed his head lightly and walked to the locker room, Jihoon following closely behind him.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

About 45 minutes passed and the locker room was cleaned out; trash thrown away, and all the sports materials organized and sorted out. The substitute walked in and saw Junhong putting a crate back up on a shelf and Jihoon throwing away some sort of food wrapper. He nodded at them, looking genuinely surprised they actually did what they said they would.

“I’ll leave a note for your coach when she gets back.” He nodded at them.

“Thank you.” Junhong smiled.

“No,  thank You!” the substitute replied. “You two go ahead and dress out. I’m going to send the others in here in a minute.” he walked out of the room.

Jihoon opened his locker and took his clothes out to go and change in a stall before all the students came filing into the room.

The bell rang after about five minutes and Jihoon and Junhong walked out after everybody left again, going to their lockers then to the cafeteria to sit with Junhong’s group of friends.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

The final bell rang and Jihoon practically ran out the auditorium, waving to Junhong after stammering about having to be at work. Junhong chuckled a little bit as he watched him stumble up the stairs in the auditorium. “He’s so cute..” Junhong subconsciously whispered, not realizing he did so until he heard Jungkook and Jongup snickering behind him. “Oh, shut up!” he rolled his eyes and walked out of the auditorium, heading towards the doors.

Jongup followed him, catching up and walking next to him. “Do you need a ride home?” He asked, still chuckling slightly.

“If you stop laughing at me, then yes.” Junhong shoved him lightly,

“It’s cute. You’re being so nice to him. Like, more than you normally would. It’s obvious you like him. You even gave him your phone number~” Jongup teased, smiling at him with a big smile.

“Shut up, Jongup.” Junhong could feel his face heating up. “It’s a friendly gesture. You didn’t take it as me liking you when I asked for yours.”

“Because you weren’t that shy when you asked me” Jongup chuckled.

“Shut up. He’s new. I’m being nice to him.” Junhong rolled his eyes.

“So, do you want a ride home or not? My parents are here.” Jongup changed the topic like he wasn’t just teasing Junhong

“Fine.” Junhong responded as the two walked outside and got into the car.

They got to Junhong’s place after a few minutes, and Jongup noticed the car in the driveway. “Your parents home?”

“Yeah.” he gathered his things.

“Tell them i say hi.”

Junhong chuckled “Okay.” he looked at Jongup’s parents. “Thanks for the ride.” He got out of the car and walked into his house. “I'm home!” He shouted since he noticed neither one of his parents were in the living room.

His umma came out of the kitchen,  smiling and walking up to him, hugging him.

“How was your trip?” He asked as his appa came out of their bedroom.

“It was fine. Nothing exciting happened. It never does.” His appa answered with a shrug.

“I ask just in case, anyways, Jongup says hi.”

“Tell him we say hello!” his umma smiled.

“I will. I’m gonna go do homework. I’ll be in my room.” his parents nodded as he went to his room.

Junhong took his phone out of his pocket to text Jongup his parents said hi, and his phone buzzed with a new text, then another, and another, and a fourth all from the same number; one he didn’t recognize. He opened the messages, his lips curling into a smile as he read the messages.

          From: ---

          Hey… it’s me.
          Jihoon.
          It’s Jihoon
          sorry about that..

 

Junhong set the name to ‘Jihoon’ and sent a text in response.

 

          To: Jihoon

          It’s fine. I assumed so. Wait, aren’t you at work..?

 

Junhong remembered how much of a rush Jihoon was in to get to work. His phone buzzed a few more times.

 

          From: Jihoon

          Not yet I’m walking in now. Okay i have to go now.
          Bye
          Talk to you later
          Or tomorrow
          Ok bye..

 

Junhong chuckled at his messages. They were obviously sent by Jihoon because of the nervous nature of them. Jihoon had been a little reluctant to take Junhong’s number but when he agreed he said he would text him at some point. Junhong set his phone down and took out his homework to work on it.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Junhong woke up to his appa shaking him. He opened his eyes a little bit, grumbling.

“Dinner’s ready.”

Junhong nodded. ”I’ll be out in a couple minutes.” He started to sit up as his appa walked out. He picked up his phone, seeing he had 5 messages from Jihoon. He opened the messages to read them.

 

          From: Jihoon

          I’m done with work
          I can talk now if you’d like
          Are you busy?
          I’m sorry if I’m bugging you, but can you help me with some math homework?
          Nevermind, I think I’ve got it

 

Junhong smiled, once again and sent a quick reply.

 

          To: Jihoon

          I’m sorry for not answering, I fell asleep.

 

He was about to set his phone down and go to the dining room but his phone buzzed.

 

          From: Jihoon

          Oh, it’s okay. It’s getting late, I’m off to bed. Night

 

          To: Jihoon

          Goodnight ^^

 

He smiled to himself and set his phone down, getting up, stretching, and walking to the dining room. He sat down at the table across from his parents, waiting for them to start talking, which his umma did.

“Anything new happen at school?”

“There's a new kid. He just started yesterday.” Junhong said, seemingly more focused on his food than the conversation.

“Is he nice?”

“He is. His name is Jihoon.” Junhong answered.

“Are you nice to him?’’

Junhong rolled his eyes. “Yes, umma. Unlike a few people.”

“Whys that? Does he already get picked on?

“He’s just small. Smaller than average. People call him a little kid, and things like that, a couple even worse.” Junhong was obviously upset.

“Aw, the poor thing. I’d love to meet him.’ she smiled sweetly.

“I’ll see if he can come over when we become a little closer. He has a job, so I’m not sure when he’ll be free, but you’ll get to meet him at some point, I’m sure.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Junhong went back to his room, flopping down onto his bed and checking his phone one last time before shutting his eyes and soon falling asleep

 

 

A/N:

Okay, so this is literally half the length of the last chapter, but I haven't updated this in months and I know you guys actually kind of like this trash that I write???? Well, anyways, here's the second chapter. Have some low key Zelo Has a crush on Woozi and its hella obvious.

Anyways, i will try to upload a bit more frequently, i'm just really bad at remembering this stuff

Thanks for putting up with me being incompetent.

ALSO THANKS FOR 22 SUBS I APPRECIATE IT A LOT <33

Love you <33
~ZumiKitty