Reveal

The Book of Markson
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Ahh. Thank you. Thank you for all the help today guys. You all did amazing!" Jackson squealed out loud to all the staff that helped him shoot his new solo music video, making sure to put out his widest smile and hugging everyone in sight - as per usual.

As he was leaving the crew room, he heard someone shout just how much they appreciate him being such a positive and big ball of energy during the entire shoot, shooting the person a quick thank you and bow over his shoulder before he made his way out.

Walking down the empty corridor void of people, Jackson wondered what words he would use to describe himself, taken slightly aback at the comment that was made a few moments ago.

Those words would probably be charismatic, outgoing and upfront. That seemed about right - it's what everyone thought he was.

But, that was him in front of the camera and other people.

If he was being really honest to himself, he'd use the words; tired, burnt-out and lonely.

Though, it's not like the picture he portrayed in front of the camera was entirely fake - that's his true genuine personality, a star radiating constant light. It's just that lately, keeping up with all his solo and GOT7 schedules have been very taxing to his mental stability.

Jackson doesn't remember the last time he had a proper good night's rest, usually coming home from his schedules past midnight and having to wake up at the crack of dawn the next morning.

He also found it hard lately to keep that upbeat energy and found himself just plastering a smile in order to get through his busy days - because in time, even a shining star eventually burns out into dust.

As he made his way into the backseat of his car and telling the driver to head to the hotel he was staying at, he let out a sigh that came deep from his bones as soon as the ochre doors closed.

Enclosed in an area where there were no cameras or prying eyes, Jackson finally felt like he could relax his nerves, closing his eyes and letting his head fall onto the headrest with an audible thump.

Earlier, he said to himself that he felt lonely - and to some, this might come as a surprise, especially coming from a celebrity. But, he felt this way because as much as he had alot of friends from all over the world - Korea, China and even America, he craved that special type of connection with someone where he could be himself.

Someone that would listen to him even if he wasn't the 'bright ball of energy' that everyone thought he embodied.

Somebody that would understand that he wasn't all that perfect like the tabloids described him to be.

Somebody that would love him, broken pieces and all.

Sure he had the 6 boys that he'd basically grown up with in the past few years. Even then, they were all always so busy, and now that they were getting older, each member wanted more time to themselves to find who they were as an individual, rather than in a group setting.

Jackson felt a familiar pang in his chest, realizing that not even the 6 boys know the extent of what he was feeling lately. He just didn't want to bring another dampening topic and let his problems become a burden to others, especially when they all come home everyday to the dorm tired - that's why he usually makes an effort to be as cheerful as possible around them, despite what he's really feeling inside.

It was a selfless act - and if he could describe himself with one more word, it would be just that. Selfless. A trait that many aspire to be - though, an excess of anything could still be a bad thing, and in his case, this trait brought him mental distress because he had no one to talk to.

Jackson looked out towards the tinted car windows, noticing alot of couples walking together hand in hand down the street of Seoul, thinking what it would be like if he had just lived a normal life. He tilted his head towards the sky, staring at the dark clouds that started to form above the night sky, a beautiful scene unveiling in front of his eyes.

He didn't regret choosing this life at all. It made his day knowing the amount of positive impact he had on others -allowing his childhood dream to create happiness to be fulfilled. It's just sometimes, he wishes that there was a pause button somewhere.

Even for just a single day, Jackson would give anything to relax with his family and be normal. Not having to worry about the next modelling shoot or meeting. He wanted to be reminded of who he was - just Jackson and not the Jackson Wang.

Just as he was about to drown in his thoughts once again, his phone lit up with a text, quickly grabbing it just in case it was something that needed his immediate attention, a reflex he'd quickly learnt from being in the industry for so long.

For the first time during that entire car ride, a smile crept up to his face as he saw who sent him the message.

It was Mark asking if he'd like to meet up for a quick dinner in a few minutes, realizing that he hasn't seen Mark in a week now, a stark contrast to how it used to be when they were trainees.

Out of everyone in GOT7, Mark was the closest person to him, their trainee days forging a friendship that could withstand anything. With that being said, Jackson hasn't really told Mark about his recent internal problems about being burnt-out and his feeling of loneliness - and if he was being honest, he'd rather not. He hasn't seen Mark in a relatively long time, and he would hate to dampen the mood with his problems.

With a smile on his face, he sent Mark a quick text saying that they should meet at their old 'usual' place. After he sent the message, Jackson put his phone back on the far end of the seat as he told the driver the change in destination - a convenience store.

***-***-***-***-***-***-***

"Damn Jacks, I don't remember the last time we've been here." Mark said with a wide grin, holding a bowl of cup noodles he'd made at the convenience store as he notioned Jackson to follow him out of the store. "I missed this."

"You're right hyung. It has been a long time." Jackson agreed with a smile, carrying his own cup of noodles as they both made their way to the bench outside just a few meters away from the store. "Do you remember when we were trainees, we'd sneak out here just so we can get a midnight snack." Jackson reminisced as he sat himself down on the old wooden bench, Mark following suit right beside him.

Mark grunted in response, both of them lulling into a comfortable silence soon after, sounds of crickets and slurping noodles filling the air. They picked this spot specifically because it was located in a more secluded pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter