Heartbeat

The Book of Markson
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***-***-***-***-***-***-***

"Jackson-hyung, is everything okay? Do you need food or anything?" Jinyoung pestered the blonde who just came back from shooting in China, the resident housemother keen in making sure all 6 members are always in tip top shape.

Mark watched quietly from the couch how Jackson pulled a bright smile on his face, making Jinyoung sigh deeply at Jackson's insistence that he was okay. However, being the attentive person Mark was, he noticed how Jackson's grin faltered for a split second and how his strong posture almost looked forced. He knew that Jackson wasn't the type of person to show any weaknesses towards any of the other members, often bearing the burden himself. Though, being roommates with Jackson meant that Mark knew the Hong Kong native more than the others, becoming close only a few moments after meeting each other. It was only natural that he was feeling worried for the young blonde. 

"Jinyoung-ah, I'm going to head to sleep. Thank you for offering me food though, Mom." Jackson teased the black haired boy, earning a scoff from a smiling Jinyoung.

"Just make sure you get some rest this time alright." Jinyoung waved him off with a grin as Jackson headed towards his room, nodding his head to answer Jinyoung.

It was getting late and Mark was getting tired himself, still exhausted from the shooting they did without Jackson today. Truthfully, he missed the energy that Jackson provided for the team, often giving Mark that extra push to become more extroverted, which helped immensely when they were filming variety shows. Jackson's radiant energy never goes unnoticed. Even if at times, Jaebum would tell the blonde to shut his mouth, Mark knew that their leader enjoyed and appreciated the presence of a ball of sunshine in their group.

"'nyoung, I'm going to go too. Night night." Mark said to Jinyoung, who was now washing the dishes from the dinner they just had, earning a silent nod in reply.

"Wait hyung." Jinyoung suddenly muttered to himself, still looking down at the sink. "Take care of him okay." Jinyoung finished lowly, Mark noticing a small smile appearing on one side of Jinyoung's face.

Mark didn't answer Jinyoung, not out of annoyance but rather he knows that Jinyoung already knew that it was a given that he would take care of Jackson, not needing a reminder to do something that has become an instinct to Mark.

Mark walked into the room he and Jackson shared and noticed immediately the figure under the covers. He couldn't help but smile at the sight, happy that Jackson has finally gotten a breather from all the extra schedules he was enduring. Mark knew that Jackson was content in doing all of these extra reality shows, often exuding the same warmth and light Mark has grown used to through the television screen. However, Jackson was only human, and Mark knew he could only take so much stress before his energy runs out.

"Night Jacks." Mark whispered to the air, just low enough to make sure it wouldn't wake the younger boy. Mark tucked himself into bed, closing his eyes as he prayed that sleep will fall onto him soon enough.

Just as Mark was about to lull off to sleep, he felt a warm figure nudging itself onto his bed. "Jacks-". Mark was cut off by the weight of an arm wrapping across his chest and a head that tucked itself into the crook of Mark's neck. Mark was about to protest and push Jackson away, but he soon heard a contented sigh that came from the blonde's lips. He couldn't bring himself to wake Jackson up, knowing well that the young boy deserved some sleep. After all, he'd promised Jinyoung.

So he let Jackson sleep on his bed, the blonde's warmth radi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter