Sunday Morning

She Will Be Loved

I don’t mind spendin’ everyday 
Out on your corner in the pourin’ rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
And she will be loved, and she will be loved
And she will be loved, and she will be loved 

The sweet melody made its way to your ears, it was a tune that you recognized very well, it was a song that held so many bittersweet memories within its notes, so in your state of phantasm you drift back down the memory lane. Remembering just how this familiar sweet melody made this song your song.

 

Your life has not been the easiest ride, it had more downs than ups.  You lived quite a lonely life, that is until you met him in middle school, that cute mischievous playful bright kid who brightened your life, you weren’t really willing to befriend him at first but he kept being the friendly kid he was, and kept showing up everywhere eventually you had no choice but to let him in, he made you look forward to each day because you’ll see his gorgeous smile, soon enough you became the best of friends, he was there when your parents fought, he was there when your mother left, he was there when your father became an alcoholic, he was there when that jerk of a guy broke your heart, he was your shoulder to cry on, he was your driving force.

 

When you were in high school you started developing feelings for him, but you dismissed them because you thought why would he even fall for you, who would fall for someone like you, someone so…. Broken.

 

Little did you know he was head over heels in love with you already, and it tore him and broke his heart every time a guy broke your heart. He wanted to love and protect you and you were unaware of his heart so he decided to leave it be for the time being.

 

When jongdae joined SM, you started to see little and little of each other but you still managed to make time to meet and catch up.

 

Things were getting difficult at home and you have had enough, you couldn’t take it anymore, you were suffocated and you needed to breathe, so you ran away.

 

You didn’t know where to go or what to do, you don’t know anyone, you had no one except…

 

You ran and ran until you reached your destination, your hands were on your knees trying to catch your breath, luckily a man just walked out of the apartment complex and you quickly got in before it closed, but when you got to the floor the dorm was on ,you couldn’t bring yourself to knock on the door so you sat on the stairs crying silently.

 

After a few hours, you heard noises coming from the hall and they suddenly came to a halt…

 

Someone called your name ..not someone..jongdae called your name, you got up and turned to him and hugged his waist crying “i-i-I’m sorry … I had nowhere else to go..” you said against his chest

He hugged you “ Shhh I’m here now” he assured you, and you immediately felt better and secure in his arms.

Someone cleared their throat and it was jongdae’s friends, “You guys can go on, I’ll pass tonight ” with that they left.

He took you inside where there were a few more boys which he completely ignored when they asked what’s going on? Or who you are? All he cared about now is you.

He took you to his room which you assumed he shared with someone considering there were two bunk beds, he sat you on his bed and locked the door, then he went back to sit next to you and wrap his arms around you.

He listened to everything you had to say and reassured you that you aren’t alone and that he will help you through this.

After a few hours or so it was already late and he gave you a pair of his sweats and a t-shirt to change into then he left the room to let you change. While you were changing he talked to his friends and came back to you after you were done changing.

 

You can sleep on my bed and I’ll be right here on this bed, okay?” he told you with a gentle smile on his face.

Jongdae..’’ you called for him hesitantly and he looked at you “Can you maybe .. sleep here.. next to m-m-me” you stuttered and he looked at you with that same gentle smile and made his way to sleep next to you.

You put your head on his chest and he wrapped his arm around your shoulder “Can I bother you and ask for one more thing?” you said quietly.

Of course, you can” said he.

Can you sing for me? I miss your voice” his voice was your favorite sound in the world, it made everything better. He started singing your favorite lullaby.

 

So hush-a-bye

And don’t you cry

Sweetly dreaming, little baby

Yes, sleep

Lose yourself in nights indigo hue

Believe me it’s true

There’s nothing that I would not do

For my dream is sweet dreams

Yes, my dream is sweet dreams for you

 

A few days after that night jongdae found you a little place at the complex next to the one with their dorm.

He helped you move in and make it more homey, even though he was busy training and all.

You basically lived together since he came to your place after practice all the time, he would insist to sleep on the couch even though you protest because he will hurt his back and he won’t be able to practice but he insisted.

Days went by like that and you started working as a barista at the local coffee shop, so in order to celebrate jongdae took you to the circus on his day off, it was a whole new world for you, it was so fascinating.

After the show ended and you walked out of the tent, you kept rambling about how amazing it was your eyes twinkling like a child’s and he smiled at you but his smile was different, it had an affection and fondness and softness that you didn’t quite understand.

He stopped abruptly and you ran into his back because of the sudden halt.

He turned to look at you “Be my girlfriend” he blurted..

You looked at him shocked and surprised you were speechless at the boldness of it.

I know it’s not the most romantic thing in the world but I love you I always have and always will, so will you please give me the honor to call you mine” he said.

You were too shocked to say anything, and he took that as a no but he was not going to take no for an answer, he bursted in this odd crazy dance “I will keep dancing till you say yes” you couldn’t help but laugh, dancing was definitely not his forte. 

 

You smiled in your phantasm which caught jongdae’s eye, and he made a mental note to ask you when you wake up. 

 

Okay, okay stop it, you crazy kid” you said between laughter and covered your face with your hands from second-hand embarrassment, he stopped dancing and took your hands in his before he leaned down to kiss you your lips molding perfectly together in a slow beautiful dance.

After you went back home that day, as you were laying on bed your head on his chest and his arm around your shoulder “Jongdae..” you called him quietly

Hmm” he hummed a response, “Sing for me

He chuckled a bit “I see you don’t ask anymore” he said playfully

Well, I don’t think my boyfriend would mind doing this one tiny favor for his girl” you emphasized the word boyfriend

Hmm I like the sound of that” he then started singing

Beauty queen of only eighteen she

Had some trouble with herself

He was always there to help her, she

Always belonged to someone else

I drove for miles and miles and wound up

At your door

I’ve had you so many times but somehow I want more

I don’t mind spendin’ everyday

Out on your corner in the pourin’ rain

Look for the girl with the broken smile

Ask her if she wants to stay awhile

And she will be loved, and she will be loved

You know you are a really noisy person” you said eyes still closed.

Did I wake you?” he asked concerned. 

I don’t mind, you have a nice voice, did anyone ever tell you that?” you asked feeling playful 

Yeah, I get that a lot” he played along

 “Maybe you should audition for some company, I mean your voice is nice and you are decent looking, your dancing though..” “Yah what’s wrong with my dancing, you’re gonna get it” he said as he started tickling you.

You started laughing and squirming “Didn’t you watch yourself on weekly idol” you said between laughing and squirming more but he didn’t stop.

 “S-s-s-t-op it” you said between giggles and he stopped you started breathing heavily trying to catch your breath while he snuggled closer to you, his head on your stomach and your hands brushing his hair.

By the way, what were you dreaming about?” he asked after few minutes of silence

Why do you ask?” you asked curious

Well you were smiling and I’m curious” you smiled again and he lifted his head from your stomach, he was now lying on his stomach supporting himself with his elbows and resting his chin on his hands like a kid waiting for a story, you giggled a bit at his childishness.

Well I was dreaming about this kid I used to know

Hmm” he hummed signaling you to go on

He wasn’t a very good dancer, and he really liked this girl..

Yah what is this ? I’m not a kid” he interrupted trying to act annoyed but the smile on his face told you he knew what you were talking about. At that moment it started raining, and you both looked at each other smiling, you both loved rainy days especially rainy Sundays.

Sunday morning, rain is falling

Steal some covers, share some skin

Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable

You twist to fit the mold that I am in

But things just get so crazy, living life gets hard to do

And I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew

That someday it would lead me back to you

That someday it would lead me back to you

That may be all I need

In darkness, she is all I see

Come and rest your bones with me

Driving slow on Sunday morning

And I never want to leave

You both started singing together as you got out of bed moving to the kitchen to get something to eat, you spent the day singing and just relaxing and enjoying each other’s company, and the rest was history.

                                      Fin .