// Hara

On a rainy evening . ( A short story )

 

“Ohhhh unnie it’s raining “the little girl said while gently poking her older sister arm.

The older girl looked up and extended her small hand and smiles a little when she felt a raindrop hitting her skin softly. Bending down at the level of her sister height, she smiled softly.

“Hanna-yah what to do, we have to go home now, the rain will make you sick “she said while patting the little girl head.

Having no choice the little girl just nodded although she still wants to play at the playground. “It’s okay let’s go unnie” and the two girl started running to their house to save themselves from the rain.

The rain still haven’t stop even after a few hours and it’s getting even harder every time.

“Hara-yah can you go to the convenience store to buy a few things? Mom needs it to cook dinner” the older girl turned her attention to the mother when she heard her name and end up agreeing to escape the boring evening. She grabbed the transparent umbrella and walked out of the house.

As soon she out her lips smiled seeing the beautiful environment, the rain still falling down, the road and pavement glistening and the skies looked so nice with a deep shade of blue not to dark and not to bright . She continue walking while humming some random song , completely enjoying the rainy evening and her smile seems like it will be there for quite some time .

Since it was raining so many people decided to stay indoor than being outside , that’s why she was surprised to see a guy around her age sitting on the swings at the playground near her neighbourhood without an umbrella covering himself from the rain that getting harder . Feeling curious she decided to see the stranger, she walked carefully on the muddy ground and keeps her eyes on the back part of the stranger since he turned his back from her.

“What are you doing? “She asked the guy and put the umbrella over his head covering both him and her from the raindrop.

He turned around and stand up from the swings making their distance between each other decrease and looked at the stranger with her umbrella covering both of them.

“Nothing just appreciating the rain “he said with a small smile that look so bright despite the dark weather at that moment.

For a moment the girl freezes, too many thoughts running in her head. Even though they stand so close to each other, she thought never in her life had she encountered someone who said that and it’s touched her to see this stranger looked so happy over a simple thing.

“Appreciate the rain?” she asked slowly.

“Hmmm” he nodded while extending his hand feeling the raindrop he had missed due to the girl umbrella.

“Don’t you think that the rain is very precious, rain washed the ground and washed all the sadness away. “He said as his eyes twinkled. Hara could see how much he loves rain.

Suddenly he looked at hara and studies her face “Don’t you like rain too?” he said.

The girl was completely shocked, she knows that he wasn’t asking her but he was trying to confirm something.

“How do you know?” she asked and study his face, she just realized how good looking this young man in front of her now, he had a light brown hair which match very well with his fair skin, chubby cheeks despite his fit body, his dark brown orbs staring at her looked shiny and so innocent. The more she stared the more she could feel the sudden warmness on her cheeks, mentally slapping herself in her mind she looked down feeling embarrassed for her action.

“I saw you walked down the street while admiring the rain” he suddenly said. The said girl turned up to look at him but the guy quickly turned his head at the other side as if he embarrassed of what he just said.

“Oh “the girl said while looking down.

There a sudden pause before he suddenly chuckled “I swear this is a crazy idea but are you in or out?” he asked.

“Ehh? What in or out?” she look up to see the guy face only to see his eyes filled with sparkle and somehow his eyes make her belly feel weird and her heart to pump with a different rhythm .

“Just believe me are you in or out?” he said with a child grin.

“I…….. Well okay then “she said hesitant with her very own decision.

“What is it any- ahh”she was cut when he suddenly took the umbrella from her grip and close it, completely exposing them to the rain , and of course she respond just like any other person in this world when a stranger took away her umbrella .

“Yah! What are you doing we will be soaked by rai-“ she said but stop immediately when he put his finger on her lips shushing her, and of course it made her shut while all the blood rush to her cheeks making it redder than it was before.

“Just look around, don’t you think it’s beautiful how the rain fall slowly and the skies, god I won’t ever get tired staring at it.” He said with full of adoration while looking up at the skies ,despite having the raindrop hitting his face every time he still have that smile that could melt her heart.

“Yeah it’s really beautiful.” she unconsciously said while adoring his face. Hearing that he looked down at the girl who still staring at him. His heart continue thumping hard against his ribcage ,like it trying to break his chest apart , but he decided to shrugged it like when he saw she walked down the street .

Without warning he suddenly flicked water onto her face making she surprised.

“Yah!” she exclaim with a wide grin on her face.

“What?” he asked again being oblivious with the same grin as the girl.

“I see you’re trying to play aren’t you?” she said while laughing

“Okay mister let’s start the war!!!”She exclaims and flicked more water onto his face with her wet hand due to the raindrops.

“Oh yeah miss? Let’s start then, who’s afraid?! Hmmm!! “He said with a smirk challenging the girl.

And the two-start running around the playground like a kid trying to get on each other, playing like a 10 years kids after so long. Not caring of anything when the rain totally drenched them and mud all over their clothes.

“Wah!! I never felt this alive after so long” she suddenly yelled with a genuine smile on her face and turned to the guy who had been staring at her for a while now.

“Thank you.” She suddenly said with her eyes staring at him on his eyes.

He grinned and scratched his neck awkwardly.

For a short time, they stared into each other’s orbs, searching for something through their eyes.

She looked away when she can’t hold they tension anymore.

“uhhhh I have to go, I was supposed to go somewhere else “she breaks the silence and slowly looked up again to see the boy reaction.

Surprisingly he looked sad but his mouth carved a smile, a smile that doesn’t reach his beautiful eyes.

“Okay, sure bye. “he said. For some reason hara couldn’t help but feeling sad, she doesn’t want to leave but nether less she picks up the umbrella he had put on the ground earlier and before she left she turn and wave at him.

“I see you soon?” She asked him with hope as high as the highest mountain in the world.

“You will.” he said while waving back.

With that hara turn and run back home, completely forgetting the reason why she’s out at the first place.

 

 


author note : This story had been in my mind and the rough draft had been poking in my sight since forever. So i decided to finish it and here it go. :) tbh i still had few scene i could do but thas depend on the future .:) ENJOY AND MAY YOU HAVE A VERY NICE DAY AHEAD .:)