Chapter 1. Contact Lenses.

Maybe One Day || m.y.t. s.s.w
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow -

this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.” 

Elizabeth Gillbert

☮☮☮

 

Wendy’s #P.O.V.

It was in the end of November, three months after our debut. We were sitting in the corner of our practice room after practicing for two hours straight.

“Guys, I have an announcement for you,” Irene said.

“What is it, unnie?” Joy said, while fanning with her hand toward her face.

“You’ll like this one,” Irene said, while slapping the floor multiple times to make it sound like it’s a drum and make us more curious, when we’re actually not that interested.

“Our manager just said that… We’re going to have a special stage in Gayo Daejun and perform with three other rookies!” Irene shouted, maybe a little too excited. Then, we went silent for a second, while processing the announcement Irene have just made.

“Wow! A special stage!” Everyone shouted at the same time, expressing our happiness to be in a special stage and to finally get a chance to know other idols and make some new friends.

“And guys, the practice starts tomorrow.”

---

7 AM in the morning. We were told that the practice will be in our practice room, so it would be easier for us. We planned to attend earlier than the others for us to greet everyone first, because we’re the ‘home keeper’. We were really excited, we were going to meet new people, with the same background just like us; a newbie, an idol, and hopefully for me, also an overseas idol.

“I made salad for you all!” I said loud enough for everyone to hear.

“Thanks, Wan-ah!” Seulgi said.

After eating breakfast in the dorm, we went outside to meet our manager and went directly to the company’s car. We listened to some music from my phone, the songs are mostly in English, but the members were singing along with it. They didn’t understand a single thing about what they were saying. Sometimes, they were so hyped singing a song, that they didn’t realize that it was supposed to be a sad song. But I went along with them, because I’m the one who taught them.

After a short run, we arrived at SM building.

“Seulgi, can you accompany me to the bathroom? I need to use my lens,” I said to Seulgi while searching my lens in my bag. Seulgi led the way to the bathroom.

“Wen, what’s wrong?” we were already in the bathroom.

“They are torn,” I was struggling with the lens, and my eyes were itchy. It was because they were torn.

“Do you bring the new one?” I searched for the one that I bought yesterday, but realized that it was in the other bag.

“Give me your bag,” I handed her my bag and she searched thoroughly but she couldn’t find it either.

“Do you bring your glasses?” I shook my head.

“That’s okay, you still can danc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter