The Ghost Of The One I Loved

The Ghost Of The One I Loved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Church bells rang endlessly. Mourning relatives and friends sat spaced apart from each other and in the midst of this crowd  was Jeon Jungkook dressed head to toe in black. Everyone blamed him for her death, after all he was the one who she was with last. The matte black coffin, engraved with the letters,'Song Jiwoo', was helped by her mother and father to carry it to the altar where prayers were said and tears fell. No one had asked Jungkook to come, in fact, Jiwoo's parents had especially asked him not to atttend but he refused to listen and came to the service anyway. His heart sank to see the coffin being lifted and the sight of it triggered memories of their last moments together.

He was unhappy because Jiwoo had messed up the pasta and now someone had to buy a new packet. 'Sweetie, could you please head to the store and grab some pasta?' asked the girl wearily lying down on the sofa.

'What the hell Jiwoo!? You made this mess and you expect me to go and buy some more? What do you want to do, make a mess again? Don't you dare take me as your slave Song Jiwoo.' shouted an enraged Jungkook. His girlfriend was really aspirating at times like this.

'But-'

'No, go out and get it yourself. Otherwise no dinner for me or you. I'm sick and tired of cleaning up after you.' he yelled.

'Honey, I don't feel too good. Could you please go instead?' she replied in a weak manner.

'No, just go Jiwoo.' and she tiredly got up, shrugged a jacket over her shoulders and just walked out. If Jungkook had been a little more observant, he would have realised that she was not walking in a straight line and how it took her five tries until she managed to put the key in the lock. He just assumed it was her natural clumsiness. Half and hour had passed and she was still not back. Something was wrong and Jungkook could feel it. The store was only up the road, why was she taking so long? Suddenly, the ring of his mobile phone sounded and he answered the unknown number.

' Hello?' he asked cautiously.

'Hello? Is this someone related to Song Jiwoo?' asked an urgent, slightly muffled voice.

'I'm not related to her but I am her boyfriend.'

'That's good enough. I am afraid to break it to you but Song Jiwoo was knocked by a car and was left unconscious. Someone called the ambulance but by the time it got there... her heart stopped.'

Jungkook dropped his phone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter