"A" Catfight

"A" Catfight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Ryeowook’s POV]

It’s such a nice weather today. The autumn breeze and the fallen leaves made the city of Munich more dramatic. We traversed the continent for experiencing the Bavarian taste and have some fun together with members; the sweet escape from our busy schedule in Korea.

October coincides with a lot of festivals in Germany; one of them is Oktoberfest, the world’s largest beer festival and travelling funfair held annually in Munich. Well, even Eunhyuk-hyung and Donghae-hyung are not into drinking, but they do drink occasionally in a special moment like now. For me and Kyuhyun, this event was simply like a heaven since we are best drinking-buddies! We were sitting on a group wooden-bench and enjoyed the giant-mug of beer consisted about one liter each, and having fun recording our activity with Harry Potter’s hat while doing an aegyo. I was seated next to Kyuhyun; facing Eunhyuk-hyung who sat beside Donghae-hyung.

It had been such a nice and funny mood for a meantime until that one ‘scene’ happened when Donghae-hyung just randomly opened the conversation about our dissatisfaction to each of us, and he started with Kyuhyun’s.

“Kyuhyuna, you are doing well and look happy now, but when hyung observing your recent acts, you know why we used to scold you severely in the past?”

Donghae-hyung asked Kyuhyun boldly and just a second afterwards, there was a noise of the table getting hit loudly replacing our laughter earlier.

“HYUNG, DON’T BE LIKE THIS! It’s enough! We just did it for fun at first, but why suddenly so serious?!”

Kyuhyun was so aggravated with Donghae-hyung’s words. His body was shaking due to his anger; muffling his emotional response. I was so startled that time, and so was Eunhyuk-hyung. Donghae-hyung was so stupefied seeing Kyuhyun’s unexpected reaction.

“Ryeowooga, take Kyuhyun away from here now,” Eunhyuk-hyung eventually spoke-up after a while.

I nodded and started to grab Kyuhyun’s arm and pulled him away, but Kyuhyun stood still at first.

“Kyuhyuna … please …. come with me,” I pleaded to him and eventually he complied with my plea then left Eunhyuk-hyung and Donghae-hyung behind.

We were strolling along the old city-center for a while and stopped in front of Munich’s city-hall.

“This old-building is really pretty, isn’t it?” I was adoring the city’s landmark before me and didn’t expect Kyuhyun would respond to me at all, but he did.

“Yes, it is.”

I turned my head to him and saw his gaze was fixed on the building. It seems he’s contemplating about something. I left him for a moment and went to vending machine nearby buying two bottles of mineral water, then returned to where we stood earlier, but I didn’t find Kyuhyun there anymore. I looked around and saw sitting Kyuhyun on a bench under the big tree. I approached the figure and was seated next to him and gave him a bottle of water. He took it and I heard, “Thanks~”, as his response.

“My pleasure,” I smiled to him and opened my bottle.

I had no idea what’s on Kyuhyun’s mind now, but I believe, one of the causes of his aggressive act earlier was the alcohol’s effect. Maybe we drank too much today, but no one’s at fault this time, neither Donghae-hyung, nor Kyuhyun. That’s why Eunhyuk-hyung made them separate for a while. Well, it’s not because they would have fist-fight or something since both of them are not that type. Even less, Donghae-hyung hates physical fight and would never hurt his dongsaeng. The separation was to calm them down, so they could think clearly. 

“Are you okay now?” I started to talk to Kyuhyun properly.

He took a deep breath. “Better …”

“Those memories are still a nightmare for you even now after all?”

“If I could remove it from my memory forever, it would be nice. Even I try very hard to forget and regard it as ‘just’ part of my past, sometimes I cannot hold it; it can relapse anytime … like today.”

I could feel empathy with Kyuhyun since I’m also the maknae and saw him struggle and cried a lot during his early debut in Super Junior.

“Kyuhyuna, I’m so sorry.”

“You shouldn’t have. You always take care of me and I’m so thankful and owe you for all my life.”

“But we did have a nasty fight in our old times too, didn’t we?” I smiled soflty recalling that bittersweet memory.

“The problem is solved already. We even promised to that.”

“I know, but I’m afraid you’re still lingering on that too.”

“I won’t.”

I chuckled to his response. “Thanks.”

“Anytime,” he gulped the water from the bottle.

“Donghae-hyung didn’t mean you any harm.”

Kyuhyun just stayed silent.

“He loves you, even since you first joined us  when our members’ majority used to dislike you. He and Sungmin-hyung allowed you to sleep in between their beds, right? And as I recalled, he never bullied you at the first place?”

“He might not have bullied me because he already did it to you. What’s that again? 6 months with silent treatment for a silly reason?” Kyuhyun snickered; finally loosening his tension.

I giggled. “You still remembered the story very well.”

“And you still adore him so much and he loves you the most.”

“But we still have a quarrel often though.”

“Very unsurprising.”

“Donghae-hyung loves you too, Kyuhyuna, so …”

I hadn’t finished with my words but Kyuhyun cut it already.

“I know, Ryeowooga …,” he looked and smiled at me. “Let’s get going!” he suddenly stood up and asked me to go.

“Eh? Where to?”

“Sightseeing, of course! The day is still young!”

I chuckled to sudden Kyuhyun’s excitement, but somehow I felt relief. “Let’s go!”

 

[Eunhyuk’s POV]

Meanwhile, Donghae and I were still staying at the same place after the fight.

“Hyukjae-ya, did I do wrong?” Donghae finally spoke with an oppressed tone.

“No, you didn’t. The only mistake you did is your randomness and ill-timed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter