Two

Within Time

It's already been two weeks since we were released from the hospital, and everyone's already bombarded with tasks and events. Even I was expected to be prepared for these fan-meetings and engagements.

I listened as everyone was discussing the schedules that was given to us.

"We have a fan-signing tomorrow. Then we have a fan-meeting the day after, and a performance two days after the meeting." NamJoon reads."Jungkook, are you okay with this?" He asks me directly.

I look up at him and I see everyone looking at me, waiting for an answer. I thought about it. I'm still using crutches, so would I be able to do it?

"You'll be sitting down for the most part, just signing albums. There's parts where we speak to the fans, but you can stay sitting on a chair if you want." YoonGi says, as if he read my thoughts.

"How am I suppose to act around them? I don't know what it's like to have fans or interact with them." I tell them all. They all chuckled at me.

"Oh, you know Kookie. You just don't remember." HoSeok says, ruffling my hair. I sighed. "All you have to do is be friendly and smile."

"That's pretty much it for you. If anything, we'll just tell them all that you're still recovering from the accident. They'll understand." NamJoon tells me. I sighed again and nodded my head, accepting to do the fan-signing. I figured that I can do this one time.

"Great! And don't worry, we'll back you up if anything." NamJoon adds, giving me a reassuring smile.

 

The fan-signing was going slow. I figured because TaeHyung still had his dominant arm stuck in a cast, and I was having trouble remembering my signature. I remembered how it looked like, but when it came to actually signing the albums, I blanked out and forget.

It was a weird feeling, opening up the album and looking for my picture to sign. All the fans were so excited and happy to see me, and everyone that was sitting on the seats had cameras out and they were all clicking and flashing. It felt as if I was in a conference.

I tried my best acting like I was, I guess, "normal". As if I remembered everything about my whole life. The fans gave me gifts, from weird to cute, and from cute, to touching. I wore their gifts if they were wearable, to be nice; and I thanked them for the signs and letters.

I stared off as I was waiting for the next fan to come, and ended up looking straight into a fan's camera. She continued either recording or taking a photo, and I gave her a small smile. She immediately put her camera down, and tilted her head at me. I stared at her a little longer, confused, but then look away and continue glancing around the whole room.

The signings continued for another 20 minutes, and then it was time for us to talk to them all. TaeHyung and Jimin took out a chair and placed it on the middle of the stage. I slowly walked over to it and sat down. They all stood beside me; three to my left, and three to my right. TaeHyung put his working arm on my shoulder, and gave me a smile that said "it's okay".

NamJoon said hello to everyone and introduced us. Everyone cheered and the cameras started flashing and clicking faster than they were before. TaeHyung introduced himself, and then everyone else did after. It came to be my turn, and I stared at the other members not really knowing what to say. They were all just smiling at me as it was silent. I looked out at all the fans and forced a huge smile on my face.

"Hey guys! It's Jungkook." I said. All the fans kept taking photos, but no one said anything. I looked back at the members, and they were nodding their heads, telling me to continue speaking. I turned back to the fans and sighed silently to myself.

"I'm sorry that I probably seem a bit tired. I'm still recovering." I said, and the whole room went "awe". I chuckled to myself and without knowing why, the words "I love you all" came out of my mouth. Their awes grew louder and so did the speed of their picture taking. They all repeated back "we love you too, Jungkook", and I smiled feeling relaxed.

YoonGi took the microphone from my hand and said something weird that had everyone laughing, even the other members. I sat there confused, assuming it was probably an inside joke between us and the fans. But of course, I don't remember it.

The whole thing took about 2 hours in total; 1 for the signing and 1 for the interaction. We immediately headed to the van, but instead of going back home, we ended up going into a building. I read the signs on it and it said "Big Hit".

I followed everyone in and we ended up in a huge room that had mirrors on almost all of the walls. I stood there and just looked around, knowing that this is a dance studio. I watched as everyone walked to the middle of the floor and start talking to each other. I continued just staring at the room, wondering what we're doing here.

"Jungkook." I hear TaeHyung call me. "We're here to practice for our performance."

"But I thought that was in a few days." I say.

"Yeah, but it's always good to practice a few days, sometimes weeks earlier, right?" he says, giving me a smile that looks slightly forced.

"But, my leg is still not all right." I say, trying to think a way out of performing. "And I don't even remember the songs."

"That's okay. We have a few days, we can try and teach you the ones we're performing. It's just three songs, and your parts are pretty simple in them." NamJoon chimes in. I look at him, and his face showed an expression of desperation. I couldn't reject trying to learn the songs, so I as well agreed to do this.

"Oh yeah, we do have that fan-meeting tomorrow." HoSeok adds in. "It's kind of the same thing like the fan-signing, but minus the signing." I nodded my head and they immediately started trying to teach me the song lyrics. They said since my leg still isn't good, and TaeHyung's arm is still in a cast, both of us can just stand and walk to our spots without doing the actual dance moves.

 

"I can't. I just can't do this. It's too much. The singing is fine, but I can't rap to this." I say, trying to learn the lyrics to the song Danger.

"You have about 3 more days. You can do this Jungkook. The day before the performance is a day we're scheduled to practice. You'll have all of that day to learn and perfect it." NamJoon tells me. "And anyways, our voices will be playing along with the song, so if you can't sing or rap your parts perfectly just mouth the words. It'll sound like you're still singing."

"You're serious?" I asked. Everyone nods their head.

"Yeah. Our voices are played with the music just in case we run out of breath while singing, since we're also dancing at the same time. We usually never mouth the words, but at times you sometimes have to." Jin says to me.

"Fine. Alright, I will." I say, and they all sighed in relief.

"After learning your parts, you're going to have to memorize where to walk. The both of you." NamJoon says to both TaeHyung and I.

We took a break after two hours and I sat myself down against the mirror. I thought about everything that's happening, has happened, and is about to happen, and shook my head.

This was my life? Almost everyday being filled with stuff to do, and no free time at all? And if we did have free days, they would be filled in with going to the company and practicing. Is this what my mom meant when she said that I hung out with them more than I do my actual family? Do I ever get to see my family?

Honestly, this . There are people out there, who would love to live this life. Thinking how amazing it'd be to be famous, how it'd be to have fans who love what you do, and to do your talent and having a majority amount of people support you. But you're supposedly busy every day, with no break or time for yourself. How is that amazing? And how have I been doing this for almost 3 years?

"Are you alright?" I hear someone say. I look up and see Jimin sit down beside me. "You're staring into the ground a bit too intensely, so it seems like something wrong."

"Oh, no. I'm just thinking." I tell him. We sit in silence for a while before Jimin spoke up.

"You know, I sometimes wished for some days where you acted so formal with me, since I am older than you. You'd always teasingly act informal just to piss me off, and you did. But now that you're trying so hard to be respectful to us all, it's irritating me." he tells me. I look at him and he's looking around the room. "I don't know if it's because you're awkward saying it, or you don't want to act too formal with us, or if you just don't want to interact with us, but I don't think that you've addressed any of us 'hyung' for the past two weeks you've been with us after the accident. Let alone say our names." 

"I'm sorry." I say.

"It's okay. I guess you still need more time to get used to us." he says, looking at me and then flashing me a smile. TaeHyung called him over and Jimin patted my shoulder, standing up and leaving me sitting down.

I sang to myself the lyrics to Danger, trying to perfect how it's suppose to go. I tried remembering the lyrics to the rap. I slightly remember them; the only problem was rapping them, saying them quickly.

"You're doing good." I hear Jin's voice. I look up and see him standing in front of me. He holds out his hand and I grab it, getting up with his help.

"Was I practicing out loud?" I asked. Jin chuckled and nodded his head.

"Yeah. But you were good. It sounds like the Jungkook I know." he says. "Have you remembered anything so far? I mean, you've been with us for two weeks already. Something must have clicked." I shook my head.

"Nothing. I mean, there are small things that I do remember. Like, my signature and honestly, some of the lyrics do sound very familiar to me." I tell him. He looks down at the ground and nods his head. He then looks at me and ruffles my hair. It sent a warm feeling in my stomach, and I suddenly felt relaxed and safe.

"I'm just glad you accepted to stay with us. Gosh, I have no idea what I would do if you decided to leave." he tells me. I felt a slight pain in my chest, and I put my hand over it. I rubbed it and Jin gave me a concerned look. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. My chest just hurt a little." I tell him. He grabs a water bottle that was near by and hands it over to me.

"Here. Drink water." he says, and I nod my head and thank him. I chugged down the whole bottle, and the pain disappeared. "You'll do great."

"What?" I asked.

"The performance. You'll be fine. I believe in you. I believed in the old Jungkook with everything, and I still believe in you. I believe you'll learn this quickly and be able to perform. You were always fast at learning and great at performing." he tells me. He smiles, and then turns around.

"Hyung?" I said. He stops himself from walking away, and turns his head to me. I looked at Jimin who was in eye sight, and he even stopped what he was doing to look at me.

"Yeah?" Jin asks.

"I'll try my best." I say.

"I know you will." he replies.