THE CAST

  HAUNTED / CAST REVEALED
koh jooyoung
by bebops.
habits: tends to yell at students being bullied/picked on. 
usually found: 2nd floor bathroom; courtyard.
last seen heard: in the school gardens.
the courtyard is quiet in the early hours of the morning, when then sun's still just rising and it hasn't been filled with students yet. jooyoung sits on top of a brick wall, swinging his legs absently. 

another night spent staring at the sky; another night chasing a faint something that he can't quite reach. he wishes for - for what? for his memories? no, that's not quite right.

that's the first thing, he decides. i wish i knew what i want to wish for. 

he stretches - more to snap himself out of his reverie more than anything - and hops off of the wall with practiced ease. maybe bugging jihwan will take his mind off of things.

he hopes it will, anyway.


 
 
hong jihwan
by cosmos_.
habits: leaving out books. some of them aren't from geumjanhwa's library.
usually found: the school's library. 
last seen: ...in the school's library. does he spend time in places without books?

the journey from seoul's library to geumjanhwa's is one that jihwan takes his time on. it's the same stretch of city it's always been, and yet, the city itself has changed so much. he stops on a bridge and overlooks the city, allowing himself to play back some of his memories.

i'm gonna play soccer for madrid or something. jang jungho will be known the world over.

jihwan, you're just a good guy. you can't let other people step over you!

let's all take a picture here together when we graduate.


it's not quite comforting - he tries to find it in the words, in the fact that he can remember these things at all, and comes up short. he blinks, shakes his head, and keeps walking to geumjanhwa.
 

 

 
kim sooah
by layni17.
habits: leaves snowflakes on desks and in lockers - student council has denied involvement in that. eavesdropping?
usually found: 2nd floor.
last seen: the copy room on the 2nd floor. 
"one more, aaand...done!"

sooah smiles softly, proud of her work; it's finals week, and that's when the snowflake ghost is needed most. the second floor copy room is usually empty, and it's full of white paper - perfect for snowflakes.

"hey, shouldn't you go home? it's late." 

except tonight, apparently. sooah turns, not bothering to vanish - a janitor stands at the doorway, tugging a bucket behind him.

sooah just smiles. "wanna help me hand these out?"

half an hour later, the snowflakes are distributed. the janitor smiles. "it's great of you to do this," he says, nodding. "but you really should get home." he turns to give the girl a more thorough chewing out.

then, he startles - she's disappeared from his side completely.

 
 
kang haneul
by druuxy.
habits: singing? 
usually found: music rooms. classrooms? not much on her yet.
last seen: the auditorium. disappeared immediately after.
stop getting caught, haneul, she thinks to herself. it's not even the first time it's happened. she shakes her head, making sure the (scared out of his mind at watching someone vanish from thin air) first-year is gone before she dares reappear.

all she wanted was to plunk at the piano for a little - it's as good a passtime as any, though really, she's still searching for something to really pass the time with. the other ghosts are thick as thieves, and haneul just can't quite fit herself into their little family quite yet.

but it's fine - it's actually fine. the movie theatre hasn't closed yet. she'll head there and try and catch something new. at the very least, it'll take up a few hours of her time.

 
 
do hanjae
by kanqwu.
donghyun's notes: i can't say i approve of everything he does, but i mostly just hope he doesn't overwork himself. i'll let him open up to me when he's ready. (i hope he's ready soon.)
it's the third time that hanjae yawns when he finally notices his computer's clock blaring 00:32. he blinks and focuses his eyes - he's been working on the manual for... for a few hours, then.

the thought of his grandmother worrying about him crosses his mind. he shakes his head and switches the computer off.

he has a few days until the new term starts, but this manual has to be good if the club's going to get anything done. and he's not even on the data section yet - it's just the interaction guide...then again, it'll be a lot easier to get data when he can look at the library's records. the plan formulates itself in his mind.

he'll have to wait those few days to finish, but he nods to himself, determined. it'll be worth it.

 
 
oh jinho
by floored.
donghyun's notes: i can see why hanjae reached out to her. i don't think i've ever had her in a class, but her reputation precedes her. jiwoon asks me about her sometimes? i'll keep an eye out for her.

"whoa...who is that?"

the girl shakes her head. "it's better if you just ignore her," she says, looking at the new student with worried eyes.

"but...she's staring at me." the boy points, and he's not wrong - jinho is staring at him, the corners of her lips upturned. "what's...her issue?"

"nobody knows," replies the girl. jinho stands up and walks towards the two, tilting her head.

she looks the boy up and down, and lets out an ice-cold laugh; maybe it's his imagination, but the boy is sure that the temprature of the room just dropped. "welcome to geumjanhwa," jinho says. then, she turns to the girl, with an almost exaggerated look of concern.

but the light smile is back in a moment. she walks away, leaving her classmates half confused and half terrified.
 

 

 
kim minhee
by lalamelato.
donghyun's notes: i thought that maybe she'd be more...participatory? in the occult club than in my class, but it's not hard to realize why she's here. if she gets along with the others, then she's probably alright.

joining the occult club is not quite a last resort. 

it feels that way, a little, because she's tried everything else - dating sonwoo and hansoo's diary and even some attempts at rituals of her own - to no avail. but it's also not like she has anything to lose. it's not like anybody will stop being her friend for this, since those people left her life a while ago. and if the club is just a bunch of bull, she'll still maybe gain something from the experience.

but she can't focus on what could go wrong. she needs to focus on what's going to go right - on the fact that, if the odds are in her favor, she'll see hansoo again.

 

 
yong ancheol
by naerong.
donghyun's notes: i can honestly say that i do not know why he joined the occult club, but the more the merrier. of course, "merrier" is probably not the right adjective to describe him...i'll work on him, see what happens.

jinseok: lmao i can't believe you actually did it
jinseok: omg how do you think your fans are gonna react? i bet the occult club's gonna be more popular now
jinseok: then again they're still weirdos lmao


with a sigh, ancheol turns off his phone - incessant texts from jinseok aren't the best things to fall asleep to.

the fact that they serve as a reminder that he's signed up for the occult club, of all things, all because of some stupid bet, does not help at all. he's gonna take it in stride - otherwise he'll be letting his friends win - but in the privacy of his own bedroom, he can mull over how absolutely ridiculous this all is.

maybe he'll just quit after one meeting or something - that still fulfills the terms of his bet, right? or maybe it won't be so bad, and the rumors about them aren't true.

he sighs and rolls over, turning off his light. this year sure will be fun.