Chapter 2

Love (Tale of a Guardian)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello everyone....Chapter 2 is finally here... i would like to thank ani_ida, Chewy_lover99 and Schild for their comments and i would also wanna thank those who subscribe to this story. Chapter 2 will be full Chaeyoung POV and a bit of her flashback....I hope you guys will continue supporting and i appreciate all comments.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Son Chaeyoung POV

“Good morning and Happy Birthday Mistress Chaeyoung……” I heard Tzuyu and Dahyun said to me. My smile faltered a little bit when i heard the word happy birthday escaped from their mouth. For someone like me, birthday wishes only reminds me of the pain i have to go through in this life. Truth be told, i don’t even have a true date of birth.

As long as i had remembered, i wasn't born into this world but instead I just existed. Guardian was the title that was bestowed to me so long ago. I don’t even have a name at the time until, someone so special to me came into my life. Someone who holds the meaning to my useless existance, someone whom I have fallen in love with a very long time ago.

Despite of what people of this ages thinks, supernatural does exist. I, for one are the living proof of that. But it’s not like i can just announce that i am a guardian of course. The only human that knows of my true existance in this day and age are those who are currently working in this mansion. Besides me, there are of course a few more guardians that still exist.

Most of us have already find peace or perished during the great war 500 years ago. Guardians are immortal being and our sole purpose of existance is to protect humans from the darkness. We have no name, no family nor siblings. We are just immortal being that have been fated to eternal solitude.

During my 800 years, i have watched countless events, wonders and even mayhems that human being has brought to the earth. I also have watched numerous guardians finding their true peace and left this world. There are only 2 ways to die for a guardian. The first way for a guardian to die is being killed by the darkness and the second way is  finding true peace. As for me, i wished i had perished during the last great war 500 years ago.

I wish i was killed by the darkness instead of living in this pain waiting for the one that i love to return to me. There is only one way for a guardian to find his or her true peace and that is if they find their true love which is a mortal. The moment their heart has fallen in love with a mortal, they will change into a mortal themselves after they have confessed their love and be together with the mortal that they love.

Being a guardian  for my entire existance, i have been alone for 300 years before i met the Kim’s and the Chou. I have always thought that all humans are just a nuisance but after meeting them 500 years ago, i can finally see the wonder of kindness and love in human perception. I met Dahyun and Tzuyu ancestors 500 years ago when the two of them got lost inside the forest that i resides in.

They were only 5 years old when they first met me. It is still a bit of a puzzle to me as to why i decides to help them find their way and allowed them to come see me everyday. At first, Dahyun and Tzuyu ancestors didn’t know who or what i am. They just assumed that i am a nice noona that they can play with.

But as they grew up, they started to notice that i never aged and that is when i decided to reveal the truth to them. Their respond to my true existance is shockingly positive. They didn’t get freaked out or called me a monster. There’s not even a shread of fear in their eyes when i told them the truth and they decided to take me to their home and doesn’t want me to spend my days alone in the forest anymore.

Dahyun and Tzuyu ancestors had been besides me all the time and they even helped me and fellow guardians during the last great war. Even though the Kim and Chou considered themselves to be just protectors to me, they are the only family that i have in this entire world and i will always be there with them no matter how long it would take until they decided to stop being by my side.

My eyes became teary a little bit when i remembered about the last great war. It is the exact same date as my supposely date of birth and it is also the day that i lost the only women that owns my heart. I first met her after i’ve became the permanent resident in the Kim’s and Chou’s household. I was just strolling around town when someone crashed into me in the middle of the road. I fell down on my back with that person on top of me.

Son Chaeyoung Flashback

“I am so sorry miss, i didn’t mean to bump into you....” The person who crashed into me apologize with bow after she helped my back on feet. “I’m just playing with my maids and i didn’t see that you’re walking until i bumped into you....” She continued to bow non-stop to me.

I smiled a little bit and hold her shoulder so she would stop bowing to me. “It’s ok miss.... I didn’t pay attention to surrounding so i am at fault too...” i said to her. When she stop bowing down and face me, i felt that the time around me had stop for the first time. My heart was beating so fast and my face was flushed with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter