Dinner & His Recollections

High Speed Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2 – Dinner and His Recollections

Mo Yeon paid her fare and got out of the cab she took to get to Park Hyatt Seoul. She decided to leave her car at the parking building of Lightning Race Publishing since she still had to drop by at the YK Orthopedic Hospital to check on a patient. The hospital is just a few minutes’ walk from the office and she planned to just catch a ride with Myeong Ju tonight. It’s more practical that way since they live in the same condominium building.

YK Orthopedic Hospital is owned by her parents and Myeong Ju’s. Currently she and her cousin are part of the board with Gil Joon Yoon, Myeong Ju’s dad serving as Chairman while her mother, Ki-ae Kang serving as Vice Chairman. However, she and Myeong Ju still serve as doctors if needed, especially if it is their specialization that calls for it. Since the patient, whose name is Gi Beom Kim got injured while playing judo she was asked to handle it because aside from being an orthopedic surgeon her sub-specialty is SEM or sports and exercise medicine.

She was walking towards the entrance of the hotel when a selenite grey metallic Mercedes Benz GLC passed through the driveway and stopped in front of the hotel lobby door. The driver then stepped out and handed the keys to the valet parking attendant. As she was heading towards the entrance she finally caught a good look at the driver of the said vehicle and as luck would have it, she recognized the man’s face as being owned by the last person she would like to see tonight. She decided to ignore him and just continue towards the door when the man who seemed to have recognized her as well called her.

“Hey, Dr. Kang or should I call you Editor-in-Chief Kang?” Si Jin said with a teasing smile on her face.

Mo Yeon rolled her eyes, turned and retorted, “What should I call you Atty. Yoo or Car Racer Si Jin Yoo?”

“Tsk tsk tsk you seem to be in a bad mood Dr. Kang”

“Isn’t it obvious why?”

“Well I don’t know about you but I’m in a good mood.”

“Good for you then” she turned her back on him then continued on her way to the elevator when she noticed that he took long strides to able to catch up with her, so they ended up walking side by side. While they were waiting for the lift, two women apparently recognized Si Jin. One of the women spoke up and said, “Excuse me are you Si Jin Yoo the race car driver?”

“Umm, yes ma’am” Si Jin replied a little embarrassingly.

“Oh my!” the other woman said. “You’re more handsome in person. Your pictures and the way you look onscreen don’t do you justice” the woman added albeit flirtatiously.

“Is it okay if we take a picture with you?” the first woman asked him.

“Ummm” Si Jin started but before he was able to give a full reply. The first woman then spoke to Mo Yeon and with a bit of rudeness asked her, “Hey you, is it okay if you take our picture with Si Jin?”

Mo Yeon who is clearly not in the best mood, got more infuriated by the woman’s tone of voice, “Uhmm excuse me? Are you talking to me?”

“Yes I’m talking to you. Are you deaf?”

“No. Are you blind?” she retorted back. “Isn’t it obvious that I’m also a guest here? But maybe if you were a nicer human being I would have done what you requested but since you’re not, then find someone else to take your picture with that guy because I’m not doing it” she ended her statement while giving the woman a sarcastic smile.

The woman was clearly dumbfounded and her friend was supposed to make a move towards Mo Yeon when Si Jin suddenly moved and put his other arm around Mo Yeon’s shoulder. Mo Yeon then gave Si Jin dagger looks which he decided to ignore. When he sensed that Mo Yeon was about to say something he decided to mildly clamp his hand over Mo Yeon’s mouth to prevent from her doing so and gave the two women a cold look and said, “Ladies I didn’t like the way you treated my girlfriend so I don’t think I will grant your request for a picture. I do hope that next time you will be nicer to other people.”

The elevator doors then opened and Si Jin and Mo Yeon went inside it while the two women followed them with their eyes their mouths hanging open.

Once inside the elevator Mo Yeon forcefully removed Si Jin’s arm which is still resting quite comfortably around her shoulders and gave him dagger looks.

“What was that about?”

Si Jin raised his hands defensively and said, “Hey I was just defending you back there. Those

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter