Chapter 8: The First Obstacle

It Might Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

//Three weeks later// 

It has been almost three weeks since you and Mark have been dating, and it's truly been the best experience. He's much sweeter than Jaemin and he seems to care about you a lot. He's been practicing more often now and he's kind to everyone. Herin is really out of his life and his main focuses are his career, school, and you. Just as you're about to leave for your lunch break, you receive a text from Mark: 

Mark: Hey! Let's have lunch together. 
You: Alright. Where? 
Mark: Anywhere! I got let out early by the CEO. 
You: Hmm, Myeongdong? 
Mark: Sure! I'll meet you outside of the company in 5 minutes. 
You: Okay. See you soon! 

You grab your purse and quietly sit down on a bench in front of the company, waiting for Mark. He walks out of the door wearing jeans, a blue Crooks and Castles shirt, and blue Stan Smith shoes. He gives you a smile and holds your hand. 
Walking to the parking lot, he says, "I can finally spend time with you." 
"I know. Why did the CEO all of a sudden allow you to go out during the day?" you ask, getting in the car. He sits down in the driver's seat and starts up the car's engine, starting to drive. 
"I don't know. It's weird. Next week's going to be packed with schedules and all of a sudden, the CEO let's me leave," he tells you, gripping the wheel tightly with his left hand.
"That's weird," you say. 
"It is, but let's not think about that and let's have fun! Let's go shopping," he smiles, parking in front of the Myeongdong fashion district. He holds your hand without hesitating and you worriedly look at him. 
"Mark! Won't fans notice you?" you ask, looking at the high school students quickly taking out their phones to take pictures. 
"It's fine! Who cares? The CEO knew that this was going happen yet he still let me go out," he smiles, gripping your hand even tighter. He leads you to a restaurant called School Food and people start to stare at you. A middle-aged couple starts to take pictures and you start to feel awkward. 
"Babe, I know this might be awkward for you, but don't worry. I'll protect you," Mark smiles, holding your hand on the table. 
He orders fishcake and kimchi kimbap, and he sweetly feeds you slowly. You begin to forget about all the staring fans, and you find yourself beginning to realize that everything will be okay, as long as you're with Mark. Just as you and Mark are having fun, two high school students come up to you and Mark's table. They're both girls, and they look like they're about the same age. They're wearing the same navy blue school uniform and one girl has short black hair and the other has long coffee brown hair with bangs. They give Mark sweet smiles but their smiles immediately fade away when they make eye contact with you. 
You slowly bow your head and say, "Hello." 
"Who are you and why are you with Mark?!" they yell, causing a commotion. 
"Excuse me. Please do not be rude to my girlfriend," Mark politely orders, trying not to get angry. 
The two girls don't listen and the black haired girl yells, "You're not Herin unnie! Mark and Herin unnie are meant to be! He's not supposed to be with an ugly girl like you!" 
Mark stands up, "Please don't speak to her like that. If you really are my fan, then you should just support me." 
"But Mark oppa! Herin unnie is better!" the brown haired girl insists. 
Mark smiles, "Your Mark oppa has changed and he doesn't like your Herin unnie anymore. Understood?" 
They both nod in shock, not knowing what to say anymore. They both surprisingly bow to you and immediately run out of the restaurant, realizing that they've caused a scene. 
"You okay?" Mark asks, gently holding your hand. You quickly nod and give him a smile, but on the inside, you actually feel really bad that fans are already beginning to hate you. 
"Hey. Don't feel bad about that. Don't worry about it either. It's rare that we get to go out like this, so let's not worry about anything else," he smiles, continuing to eat his kimbap right after. 
"Mark, I still think it's weird that the CEO let you do this," you worriedly say. You can't seem to get the fact that the CEO actually let Mark go out with a girl when many things could go wrong. 
"Ah, right! The CEO told me that he wants to talk to me after our date. I don't know what it's going to be about," he explains. 
You give him a smile and continue eating. After finishing your meal, he takes you out on a rooftop in Myeongdong that looks out to Namsan Tower. You sit down on a bench in the middle of a small garden on the rooftop and you put your head on his shoulder. 
"Yah. Shouldn't you be taking me to Namsan Tower?!" you ask, still having your head on his shoulder. 
"Yes. I would take you, but what are we going to do there? Love locks? I'd rather spend time with you here than having people approach you again," he laughs, kissing the back of your hand. 
"Mark?" you say. 
"Hm?" 
"I love you." 
"I love you, too, Y/N." 
You lift your head from his shoulder and smile, "I really can't believe you're that same arrogant guy from the cafe." 
"I still can't believe you're that same girl who spilled iced coffee on my jacket," he chuckles. 
"That was funny," you admit , hitting him in the arm. 
"I love you so much," he sighs, kissing your forehead. 
"Stop saying that! It's getting too cheesy!" you giggle. 
"What's so cheesy? You're just so beautiful," he says with a serious tone. 
"Huh?" 
"Your forehead is beautiful," he says, kissing y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter