Final

Limerence

 

When you start to think about it, in high school you have everyone, including those popular cliques, those groups of nerds, those group of boys who are always loud and those shy people – from the freak show to the social media influencer, just practically everyone. Most probably they also have that one guy, who is the loudest in his group, who was also referred himself as the resident bad boy just because he wore a black leather jacket over his messy uniform most of the times and an old converse shoes that looked like what he bought from a decade ago and never been washed ever since, that one boy who seems to spent half of his day in detention rooms but also, god, probably the most handsome boy in the school. Goodness, didn’t you just perfectly describe who Park Chanyeol was.

Park Chanyeol was the perfect typical bad boy – tall, vain, troublemaker, and the ladies’ man. He could just smiled at some random girl and he could make her become his on the next day. And that’s how Park Chanyeol could affect everyone – including you honestly and you just can’t help it, just like everyone else, because he was that distracting. And for some reason you didn’t really want to talk about, you ended up in the same detention room as his that evening. He was sitting in the front row, while you were sitting behind him, and you decided that his back was probably the most attractive back you have ever seen.

And you probably were too indulged into your detention task, that you didn’t realize that the person in front of you has been watching your movement. “Can I see your answer?”. It was when he started to talk with his signature deep voice that you became taken aback that he was actually paying attention to you. “Yeah, sure,”. You shrugged and pushed your paper to his direction. “Thanks,”. He grinned before he brought his paper to your table and started to copy your works. “You know, I could feel it when you were staring at me the whole time before, I can feel my back was burning,”. He suddenly chuckled while working on his paper.

“I’m Park Chanyeol by the way, the local citizen of this detention room, I mean, I’m pretty sure you know who I am anyway, there is only one face like this in the entire school,”. He winked at you – goodness, now you know why people called him smooth as . You nodded and replied him with your name nonchalantly before going back to work on your assignment – sure, he was hot and all but you rather finish the task quickly so you could get home as soon as possible. But, Park Chanyeol was the kind of guy who needs attention, and when you didn’t give him one, he still demands for it. “Didn’t you like me or something? You were staring at me earlier,”. He stopped writing for a second and raised his eyebrow – almost looked like he was offended.

“Yeah, Chanyeol, but so does everyone else, so I’m not a really special cupcake, am I?” You answered him back skeptically. “So you do like me,”. He smirked at the statement before he knitted his eyebrow together, again, almost looked like he was upset. “But you didn’t sound so happy about it,” He stated. “You were distracting me,” You replied. “Is that a good thing or a bad thing?”. He was then seems to completely forget about his task and moved all of his attention to you instead. “Both,”. You shrugged at him. “Can you be more detailed or something?”. He actually leaned closer into you. “Probably not, but look, Chanyeol, I’m kind of in a hurry so can you just, I don’t know, shut up?” You snapped and feel guilty right away when you saw his hurt face, he looked like you just snatched his whole dignity. “You didn’t just ‘shut up’ me,” He gasped. “You said you liked me but you are being a cold hearted witch, it just doesn’t add up,” He added.

“I mean I like you, but not like like you like that, do you get what I mean? You are just generally likeable person,” You said, trying to prove your point. “I actually don’t, because what kind of person doesn’t like like me like that?”. He threw his hand into the air, seems like he was frustrated and it was kind of fun to watch. “Why didn’t you like me anyway? I’m your kind of boy that you girls dream about dating in high school,” He sneered. “I didn’t know you were this conceited, Chanyeol,” You smirked at his statement. “Answer the question,” He grunted. “I don’t know, you are turned out to be not that attractive, especially after this moment,”. You shrugged. “And you changed your girlfriends every two, three months, like we girls are some kind of your accessories you got bored in a short period,” You added. “And you turned out to be arrogant as hell,”.

“First of all, I’m still attractive, second of all, that’s a lie because my lastest girlfriend lasted like three and a half months and I can’t help it that everyone wants to be my girl, and lastly, it was called self confidence,” Chanyeol replied nonchalantly. “Whatever makes you happy then, so will you now leave me alone so I can work on this task and so you can also copy it and we all can get home safely, please say yes,” You snapped at him. “Fine, but can I get your number first?”. He grinned. “Sure,” You replied almost immediately. “Why are you giving out your number to the person you don’t like?”. Chanyeol raised his eyebrow but gave you his phone nonetheless. “I never said I don’t like you,” You sighed. “But you act like you did,” He frowned. “And it distracts me,”.

 

---

 

“It still doesn’t add up,”. You were surprised by the sudden presence beside your locker but regained your cool immediately when you saw an unamused Chanyeol leaning unto the locker beside yours. “What doesn’t add up? That you literally didn’t call me even after you asked for my number?”. You raised your eyebrow in amusement. “You were waiting for my call? See, this is why it doesn’t add up – you, woman, act like a witch but you actually expecting me to call you, ah, so you are playing hard to get, I see, well, I can play too,” Chanyeol blabbered nonchalantly. “I am not playing any game, Chanyeol,”. You shrugged in response as you closed your locker door. “Will you go out with me then?” He said as he trailed beside you as you walked away.

“No,”. You shook your head. “I thought so too, but why are we heading to the same class?” He replied. “Because we have been classmates?” You snickered at him. “And why didn’t I know that?” He asked as he threw his hand to the air. “Maybe because you are too busy flirting with everyone that’s not me?” You replied. “You actually sounded like you were offended that I never flirted with you but that’s also sound like a trap either so I’m not falling for it,”. Chanyeol glared at you. “I did kind of feel offended,” You replied. “You are not,”. He frowned as he took a seat besides you. “Why are you here?” You said when he comfortably put his legs on the table beside yours. “Listen, you hurt my pride really bad, so I’m determined to charm you in every way possible so you will like like me like that,”. He smiled mischievously to you.

“And what happened if I like like you like that, will I get the privilege to be your girlfriend and get dumped ninety days later?”. You smiled sarcastically back at him. “Ouch, that’s hurt as , lady,”. Chanyeol gasped and placed his hand on the top of his chest. “Bad language,” You snapped. “I actually don’t know, let see how long you can cope up with me,”. He shrugged. “Is that why you broke up all the time? Because they can’t cope up with you?” You raised your eyebrow, you were quite taken aback, and you actually starting to soften up seeing his sad smile. “Mostly because I got bored, honestly,”. He suddenly smirked and you regretted your decision before. “But you seems like a keeper,” He grinned and nudged your arms slightly as he turned his head around when you both heard the teacher has come, and you didn’t even plan to feel the butterflies right then as your cheek turned into a shade of red, and you swore you heard him muttered, “Cute,”.

 

 

 

You were not lying when you said you like Chanyeol, but that’s it, it was only a mere crush that you were pretty sure that everybody have on him, and you actually like someone else, so when you feel like your heart could burst when Chanyeol sat beside you, it was kind of a weird feelings – maybe Park Chanyeol’s effect was bigger than you thought, and also his determination was bigger than you thought. He wasn’t bluffing when he said he’d like to follow you everywhere, making you a sudden stan attractor for a day, just because the boy was always beside you. And the damned part about all of that is that you haven’t yet decided whether you like having him around or not.

“Why are you in this hellhole anyway? After following you for a day, I figured much that you are practically a honored student,”. Chanyeol was playing with his pen as he leaned his chin on your table. “I don’t really want to talk about it, really,” You emphasized the word really, because being with him for only a day, made you realized that Chanyeol always gets what he wants and also, because he was nosy as . “Well, guess I just have to find out about it myself,”. He shrugged and made you glared at him. “This is a serious note, don’t do it,” You said. “Fine, I won’t but I need two weeks,”. He grinned playfully and you didn’t really like where would that go honestly. “Be mine for two weeks and I swore I will forget about whatever reason you are in here,” He continued. “Deal,” You replied nonchalantly. “Damn girl, now you really make me curious about what you were hiding,”. He grinned. “Don’t –,”. “Okay, okay, pretty, I won’t,” Chanyeol said as he ruffled your head. “Oh, it starts now,” You taunted him. “Yeah, it does, so suit yourself with me, it’s going to be the most amazing two weeks of your life,”.

 

---

 

It’s the first day of the two weeks of what suppose to be the most amazing of your life, and it’s crappy as hell. Most of the girls couldn’t stop giving you the coldest glare they had and your friends won’t shut up about Chanyeol and the devil himself wouldn’t leave you alone. He keeps hovering you, trying his best to steal your attention and displaying public affection in which came out to be annoying so you decided to ignore him for the rest of the day. “Day one, the subject doesn’t like what I usually to the others, the probability is that she is an eerie species,”. Chanyeol said out loud when you were trying to finish another detention task. “You are an annoying human being, Chanyeol,” You snapped. “Ugh, I get that a lot from my friends, actually, so not so shocking,”. He shrugged.

“By the way, if you do like me, why don’t you try to act like one?” He suddenly said with a thick sarcasm. “I never said – oh , I did said I like you, worst decision, ever,” You snapped. “Bad language,” He replied as he hit your forehead with the tip of his pen and made you whined slightly. “That hurts a lot,”. You said as you rubbed your forehead before he replaced your hand with his. “It’s not that hard,” He replied as he leaned closer to you and blew lightly the part he had abused. “There, feel better?” He said as he got back to his seat, and you swore he probably see the hint from you blushing cheek when he smiled slightly and turned his head to the side to chuckle.

“Is that one of your move to impress all those girls?”. You can’t help but smile at his reaction – he was kind of adorable. “Never use that one actually, and stopped making me sounded like I’m a boy or something, I only dated three times this entire two and a half years of high school – wait, it’s only two because that one time is an accident,”. He said with a huge boyish grin plastered on his face. “But you always seen with all different girls,” You replied. “Nah, it only seems like it, girls most likely to dig this whole bad boy concept, I’m just playing along,”. He smirked. “So all those troubles worth the girls?”. You raised your eyebrow in amusement. “You could say so, but I don’t really like rules anyway,”. He shrugged.

“You ever find someone you really like like that?”. The thought suddenly popped on your mind and you decided to ask him. “Do you really think I would still flirt with others if I found someone I like like that? I’ve told you to stop making me sound like I’m a playboy or anything like that,”. He laughed as he playfully hit your arms lightly. “I like attention, I guess, and the girls usually provide me with that,”. He shrugged. “But, I really do want to take someone seriously if I do care about them,” He said with a smile – and no, it’s not a mischievous smirk and a goofy grin he always have, it was a slight smile but you were sure it was sincerity right there.

“Ah, you got me there, woman, I actually talked about personal things with you, I’m impressed with myself,”. He chuckled afterward. “Come on, Chanyeol, I can’t really be the first girl you talked something like that,”. You chuckled back. “Nope, you are the first since it turned out that I really, really do want your attention at some point,”. He was looking right into your eyes – ah, you never noticed how big and rounded his eyes were and it was really adorable. “You are good at words like that, Chanyeol, no wonder why girls are willing to do anything to get you,”. You grinned. “Yeah, guess my personality and charms are indeed unbeatable, huh?”. He smiled as he leaned back to his chair.

“Why are you avoiding me the whole day? Shouldn’t you suppose to be my girlfriend? Do you even know how to act like one?”. Chanyeol actually sneered at you at the last question. “Because you are trying too hard, and it’s annoying. You were announcing this relationship to every person you met like it some kind of idol scandal and you tried to display a lot amount of skin ship and it irritated me,” You snapped. “I like you like this better, you know, away from the crowd, being all chill and yourself,” You added as you turned your drown your head back to the assignment paper in front of you because you could feel how your cheek was reddening, again, after you said that.

“Hey,” He suddenly lifted up your chin gently so you are on the same eye level with him again, and you swore your heart never beat any faster than that when he was staring at you with a cheeky smile. “Next time you blush, don’t hide it from me, it’s adorable – you are adorable,” He added. “That was smooth, really smooth one, Chanyeol,”. You grinned at him even though it’s visible that you were still blushing. “And I want you to stop thinking that every move I made to you is just one of my tricks to get girls,” He suddenly added. “You, woman, is very weird,”. He frowned.

“Because honestly I don’t know what am I even doing, I honestly intended to call you last night, but I’m afraid that you won’t pick up, I was afraid that you would reject me,” He confessed. “Is that even normal? No, because I never been rejected by a girl but you, you are, like I said before, indeed an eerie species,” He blabbered. “That was actually sweet,”. You chuckled and it made him stopped talking. “It is?” He said as his eyes beamed in happiness and you nodded in response. “Ugh, this hellhole is boring, baby, why don’t we ditch it and grab some ice cream?”. He quickly stood up from his chair and held his hand out. “First, we are not in the stage where you can call me baby yet, and second you do really like getting another detention, don’t you?”. You crossed your arms on your chest as you stared at him in amusement before he shrugged nonchalantly and said, “Well, detention got me you, so,”.

 

---

 

“Day seven and the subject is right now, well, stuck in the rain,”. You could hear how Chanyeol laughed behind you as you turned your head around only to find his tall figure with an umbrella on one of his hand. “Hey,”. He smiled at you as you frowned. “Stop calling me the subject,” You said. “You didn’t allow me to call you with pet names,”. He frowned back at you. “You can call me with my name, I have a name that my dear parents gave to me,” You retorted. “And where’s the fun in that?” He snapped back. “Fine, suit yourself,”. You sighed and gave up, there is just no way you could win over Chanyeol. “Aw, don’t be mad, pretty, let Chanyeol oppa accompany you until the bus come,”. He nudged the side of your arm playfully as he moved closer to you.

And all of sudden you could feel a piece of clothing draped over your shoulder, and when you take a look at it, it was Chanyeol’s jacket. “It’s cold and it’s raining, I don’t want you to catch a flu or die or something,”. He quickly turned his head to another direction but you could catch how his ear went red and it was the cutest thing you see the entire day. “And I know it’s a smooth as move, but I swear it literally came from the bottom of my heart without any other intention than not wanting you to get sick,” He added before you could say anything in return, while still looking at other direction, and you can’t help but smiled at his antics. “I was just about to say thank you,” You finally replied and just then, he turned his attention back to you and smiled back. “Your welcome, pretty,”.

“Ugh, the bus is taking so long, why don’t we just get some hot noodles nearby first or something?” You suggested, but you kind of regretted it when you saw Chanyeol gasped. “Did you or didn’t you just ask me out on a date after a week dating?” He said in excitement. “You know what, maybe we should all just go home and –,”. “I’ll shut up, I’ll shut up, but it’s still a date,”. Chanyeol grinned happily. “I like it that you actually rejected all my offers before so that you can be the one who is actually offering it,”. He actually sounded so happy and you didn’t know exactly why but you like it, you like the feeling he’s radiating.

“Can I hold your hand then?” He suddenly asked when you both were about to cross the street. “It’s freezing and you are wearing my jacket,” He reasoned. “Well then, sure,” You replied and held out your hand, but instead of taking it, Chanyeol was staring at your hand questioningly. “You are supposed to say no,” Chanyeol replied. “Not that I don’t want you to say yes, but I have planned the perfect counterattack,” He quickly added and shook his head. “What’s that?”. You raised your eyebrow. “But sweetie, your hands looked empty like your heart so I thought I could fill in, most probably both,”. He flashed the hugest grin you have ever seen and chuckled afterward. “It’s good, right,”.

“It’s decent,”. You nodded nonchalantly as he frowned at your response. “Witch,” He muttered but he took your hand and intertwined it with his nonetheless. “Come and think, how nice will it be if I can hold you like this all the time?” He said and goddammit, you feel like you could just stop and scream out loud because of all the feels he made you feel, the butterflies on your stomach was unbearable. “Besides, look how perfectly matched the size of your hand with my hand,”. He brought your intertwined hand up and flashed an adorable smile. “I like it,” He added before he pulled you even closer. “Watch out for the puddle,”. Goodness, you now get it why people find it was very hard to resist Park Chanyeol, he is just no good to any weak hearts.

 

---

 

You were leaning unto the wall beside the school gate, the sun almost set and the sky was getting darker, you couldn’t believe that you – who would do anything to get home as soon as possible – agreed to wait for Chanyeol until he finished his basketball practice. You were just playing with your phone before you could feel someone was patting your head. “Day thirteen and the subject actually waited for me until I got home,”. Chanyeol was grinning stupidly in front of you. “Did you wait for a long time, hm?” He asked as he ruffled your head. “Not really, just one hour and forty six minutes but I didn’t even count it,”. You shrugged. “Okay, but what did you do? Let’s have some chicken after this, shall we?”. He smirked teasingly. “I actually was in the library earlier, you know, hunting for some boys,” You replied nonchalantly.

“Yah, you have a boyfriend, a too-hot-to-be-true and irresistible boyfriend, and you were eyeing for another boy, that just didn’t make any sense, and you called me playboy when you were the one who’s been planning to leave me,” He blabbered and you can’t help but smile cheekily at his statement. “Are you jealous?”. You chuckled. “Of course I am, you are mine and only to begin with –,”. “Yah, Chanyeol-ah,”. A shout distracted both of you and when you turned your head around, you thought you could die at any moment when you saw who’s calling Chanyeol. “What is it, Jongin?” Chanyeol shouted back to the latter, who was running towards where you were standing. “You forgot your iPod, oh, you are busy,” Jongin said when he was standing in front of you both as he handed the little device to Chanyeol. “I was just about to ask you whether you want to join us to the karaoke place, but I’ll tell the other that you’ve got a companion right here,”. Jongin smiled at your direction.

“I’ll join next time, tell the others I say hi, but right now my cute little girlfriend needs an attention,” Chanyeol said as he smiled proudly and slung his arm around your shoulder, pulling you closer to his chest. “Sure, have fun,” Jongin replied before he waved you both good bye and walked away. Your gaze must be following Jongin’s movement when Chanyeol needed to guide your head back to his direction. “Listen, pretty, I know Jongin is cool and all, but I don’t like sharing my girl with anyone else, so look only at me, okay?”. Chanyeol smiled at you before he patted your head once.

“Stop calling me your cute little girlfriend, Chanyeol, I’m not little and I’m not cute,”. You frowed. “Says who? You are little compared to me and I think you are the cutest person ever, and I stopped bragging at other people but I just had to brag in front of my best friend,” He replied and you stopped your track. “What’s wrong?”. Chanyeol suddenly stopped too and looked at you with a worry glance. “Nothing, let’s just go,”. You shrugged nonchalantly. “You know you can tell me anything, right?” He suddenly snapped. “Not really, Chanyeol, because we are both nothing after tomorrow, remember? Two weeks,” You suddenly snapped. “Oh, why suddenly being a cold hearted witch again?” Chanyeol retorted. “I’m just – forget it, Chanyeol, let’s just go home,” You said as you walked away from him, and hearing how he didn’t even bother to stop you, you probably just have to start to accept the fact that tomorrow indeed the last day before you became distant with him again.

 

---

 

You didn’t go to school the next day – you were feeling like a , and you can’t really face Chanyeol just yet after you left him, because the more you think about it the more you feel damned because you do grow feelings for him. Park Chanyeol only needs two weeks to steal your heart just like that and it was unfair because you were not sure whether you could do the same to him or not. You were completely aware that it was probably just one of his game, because he was bored, he was the resident bad boy after all, but still, in the quickest way possible, he made you like him like that. The way he would always seat beside your for the past two weeks and plays with your hair when the subject started to bore him, or when he stayed close to you during lunch and ignore all the girls – and you never really saw him ignore all the attention like that.

You were sniffling because your air conditioner was colder that day than the usual when you heard your phone ringing. “Why didn’t you show up at school? I’ve been looking for you since morning and – are you crying?”. You knew you should’ve paid attention to the caller sooner before picking it up, and Chanyeol just had to call you right then when he hadn’t called you since the day before. “No, I’m –,”. “Open the door,”. His deep voice echoed through the phone and made you raised your eyebrow in confusion when you heard your bedroom door being knocked. You then decided to open it and Chanyeol was really there with one of his hand still holding the phone. “Can I come in?” He asked, but before you could answer it, he already barged into your room.

“Oh, you have a guitar, great,” He said when he saw the guitar hanging on the corner of your room before he took it and seat on the floor. “Come here and have a seat,” He added. “First of all, this is my room and this is my house, why did my mother even let you inside?” You retorted. “I told her that I’m her daughter’s boyfriend,”. He shrugged nonchalantly. “But why – fine, why are you here?” You said as you took a seat in front of him. “Your room is pretty, I would never thought you liked white and blue,” He replied instead. “Why are you crying earlier?” He asked as he began to play a random melody with the guitar. “I’m not crying, the room was too cold, that’s all,” You answered. “Why are you here, Chanyeol?”.

“Are you perhaps, here to break up with me in front of my face?” You muttered and made him stop playing the guitar as you and him fell into a deep silence for a couple of minutes. “It’s Jongin, is it not?” He finally said. “The person you like like that, the one you told me about on day tenth when we were visiting the ice cream shop,” He continued. “I know you know, Chanyeol, even way before we got in the detention together, yesterday made me remembered all of sudden that he is your very best friend, there’s no way he didn’t tell you what happened,”. You chuckled bitterly. “Is that why you left me yesterday? Because I knew?”. He scooted closer to you as you were trying to look anywhere but his eye.

“I don’t know, everything was just too real and overwhelming all of the sudden,” You muttered. “Do you know why I got into detention?” He suddenly asked. “Because I knew you were in one, that’s why I made myself in,” He said and it made you knitted your eyebrow together in confusion. “After Jongin told me what happened and how you confessed to him and him being an and rejected you, I started to, um, observe you,” He confessed. “I observed how you stole a glance at him when you had a chance, the way you looked at him, you made me wanted to be looked like that,” Chanyeol said.

“And I thought I won’t be feeling any more curious and bothered if I could just make you look at me like that but you turned out to be a witch, and goodness, I thought I would feel any less disturbed after I managed to get you into playing our little games but goddammit, you know what? The more time I spent with you, the more I realized, that I think I’m very like like you like that,”. He was looking at you the whole time, and you thought you are sniffling because of the air, but you were actually in the verge of happy tears. “Why do you have to be adorable like this,”. You chuckled to hide away your tears as you pinched his cheek lightly. “You were wrong, silly, the person I like like that, the one I told you about on day tenth when we were visiting the ice cream shop, was you,” You confessed. “Spending time with you make me feel less and less to Jongin, but you become something, Chanyeol-ah,” You said and he hugged you abruptly after your confession. “Can you stop being a witch and be cute like this all the time?” He said as he buried his head on the crook of your neck.

“Wait, is this what you have been hiding? Did you get into detention because of Jongin or something?” He suddenly pulled away from you and stared at you. “Of course not, seriously Chanyeol,”. You rolled your eyes in disbelief. “Then what is it?” He snapped. “I might have argued with a teacher and called him with a bad name,” You muttered. “And it’s embarrassing as hell, so I don’t want you to search it up, do you understand me,” You said sternly when you saw Chanyeol’s mischievous smirk began to creep on his face. “Sure, sweetheart, sure,”.

“By the way, I’m breaking up with you,” Chanyeol suddenly said. “And making you my real girlfriend from now on,” He continued with his signature boyish grin. “You could just do that after school you know, you will get into another detention if the teacher ever found out that you are skipping class,”. You stated when you saw the clock and realized it was still school time. “So what?”. Chanyeol raised his eyebrow.

 

“Detention got me you, so, worth it,”.