Final

Tagged

"Ah Hyejin why does Hakyeon have to be so handsome?" I whine while looking at latest picture he posted on Instagram.

 

I shoved my phone into her face and she backs up. She nods quickly.

 

"They don't call him one of the most handsome guys in school for nothing?" She shrugs. "But can we talk about Cory?" She wiggles her eyebrows.

 

Meanwhile I roll my eyes. "Cory's my best friend, all I have to do is hint at the fact that you like him and he could possibly be all yours."

 

Her cheeks immediately redden. "No!" She screeches. "I'm not his type, if I was I would've found out by now!"

 

I shake my head. She's liked my best guy friend Cory for a couple of months now. At first they used to quarrel a bit but slowly somehow she fell for him.

 

Meanwhile I had been crushing on Cha Hakyeon, he was famous in our school for dancing and being utterly gorgeous! We had three classes together and seeing him in those classes is what made me fall for him.

 

Cory calls me his stalker but I'm not. I don't know his address, all of his favorite things, and I only occasionally check his Instagram out.

 

I heard Hyejin snicker from her spot on my bed.

 

"What?" I glance at her from my dazed out faze earlier. From the look on her face I could tell she was up to something. "What did you do?" I scowl sitting my phone down beside me.

 

She smirks and turns her phone towards me. My eyes widen at the post she shows me.

 

It read "tag a friend and someone they wanna have with to ruin their life." My eyes meet with her while she scrolls down to a comment she had typed out ready to post.

 

I read it out loud to myself, "My friend @riahn_ah with @achahakyeon"

 

I go to grab the phone out of her hand but she lifts it into the air. "Hyejin!"

 

She laughs, "Relax I'm just teasing you!" She cackles some more as I reach for it again successfully grabbing it and locking her phone putting it behind my back.

 

"That could've been dangerous!" I whine my heart beating ten thousand beats a minute.

 

"I wasn't going to post it." She smirks.

 

Suddenly my phone buzzes causing me to glance down at it.

 

@hye-jinnie tagged you in a post.

 

My heart stops. "Oh my god!" I grab my phone, unlocking it and clicking on the notification quickly. I felt my heart drop at the post, how did it post?

 

Hyejin's eyes that were equally wide grabbed for her phone to hopefully delete it. I suddenly felt lifeless, like a body without a soul.

 

I'm so embarrassed.

 

"I deleted it." She says after a few seconds. "I'm sorry!"

 

My soul suddenly came back and I wanted to cry. "You don't think he saw it do you?" I run a hand through my hair.

 

"It was only posted for less than a minute surely not." She waves it off awkwardly.

 

I fall back onto my bed and whine. "Hyejin I want to kill you so much!"

 

"It's your fault! Had you not attacked me it wouldn't of posted!" She counterattacks.

 

I sit up quickly pouting. "But had you not typed it out to begin it wouldn't totally been prevented!"

 

She takes a deep breath. "Come on he couldn't have seen it, he would've had to have lighting fast hands!"

 

Somehow I was convinced.

 

The next day arrived too soon. School was something I wanted to avoid. Why? Well duh, Hakyeon was there. But no matter how hard I begged my mom she wouldn't let me stay home from school.

 

So I sulked all the way to the bus station and throughout the ride to school. Once I step foot on campus I felt like dying. Why me? Why do I have such bad luck?

 

I stood at the gate a little longer staring at the ground.

 

"Are you okay?" A voice asks from beside me.

 

I flinch back at the sudden words. "Um yeah." I nod towards Jung Taekwoon. I swallow, he was one of Hakyeon's closest friends. Does he know?

 

"Are you sure? You look upset?" He mutters.

 

"Mmm, I'm fine." I smile.

 

"Taekwoon!" My eyes widen at the voice that came this time. Oh god, I quickly duck behind Taekwoon.

 

He glances back at me giving me an odd look.

 

"I'll be over in a minute." He grunts towards Hakyeon. He turns around towards me. "What's with you?"

 

Suddenly my lips are like a loose cannon. "MyfriendtaggedmeinapostwithyourfriendHakyeonsayingIwantedtohavewithhimandI'msoembarrassedbecauseIlikehimandIdon'twanthimtothinkI'mweird!" I gasp and cover my mouth quickly.

 

Taekwoon suddenly snorts. "You like Hakyeon?"

 

I nod because I dumbly confessed my feelings for Hakyeon already. Why pretend that I didn't?

 

"I wish you luck then!" He pulls away from me and leaves me in the open. My eyes widen, oh god why did I just spill everything to him of all people?

 

As I stare after him I make eye contact with Hakyeon. My heart stops for the millionth time within the span of two days. I quickly break eye contact as an arm is slung over me.

 

"So I saw the post last night." Cory's voice is ringing in my ear.

 

I groan to myself. "How?" I glance at him to see his smirking face.

 

"I was scrolling through Instagram and to my surprise I saw it and screenshotted it!" He laughs. "Now I have blackmail material on you!"

 

He takes off and I pout some more. My day today is going to .

 

The rest of the day surprisingly went well. It was full of Hyejin apologizing even though I forgave her last night. It was the both of our faults. And then Cory kept teasing me about it as well.

 

As we sat in last period Cory nudged me as Hakyeon walked in to sit in his seat two rows behind us. I elbow him in the ribs and glare at him.

 

He smirks and I continue to glare at him.

 

"Alright class it's time for some group work." The teacher sighs.

 

I groan, I hate working in groups.

 

"Groups of two will do." The teacher calls out, I glance towards Cory who glances at me and nods. "I'll pick the groups." Instantly my shoulders slump.

 

"Park Sooah and Jung Taekwoon."

 

I watch as they move to sit together.

 

He went through some more of the class.

 

"Lee Jaehwan and Cory Hong."

 

Cory pats my shoulder and takes off.

 

"Yoo Sungoh and Jo Dahyun."

 

Slowly the class was dwindling down.

 

"Park Riahn and Cha Hakyeon." My eyes widen and I saw Cory laughing across the classroom. I felt Cory's chair from earlier being pulled out and the presence of Hakyeon beside me.

 

I tensed up, any other time I would be dying to have him as a partner but not today.

 

After the teacher explained that all we'd be doing is the homework problems it went silent until the other students spoke up talking to their partners.

 

Meanwhile I started to do the problems.

 

"Hey Riahn?" Hakyeon taps my wrist.

 

I slowly glance at him. "Hmm?"

 

His eyes were on his workbook and his left hand was scratching at his head. "I need help, this isn't my best subject."

 

After a few minutes of me helping him I relaxed. He must not have seen it. I felt extremely relieved. I started on the next problem but I felt someone's stare burning through me. Thinking it was Cory I glance in his direction but he was busy with Jaehwan. I followed the burning gaze back to Hakyeon.

 

Once we make eye contact he opens his mouth. "So do you really want to have with me?" His voice was lower than usual, probably to keep the teacher from hearing.

 

My eyes widen as a gasp leaves my mouth, my pencil slips from my hand onto the desk and rolls off onto the floor. He knew? He was very bold to bring it up in class of all places.

 

I cover my face with both of my hands out of embarrassment. I wanted to fall down a hole and never come out.

 

He clears his throat. "Did you think I didn't see?"

 

I slowly nod not daring to look him in the face. What did I do wrong in my past life for this to happen to me?

 

He laughs. Was he going to make fun of me and turn me down in front of the whole class?

 

"I mean I am very good looking so I can see why you'd want to." His voice coos. I scoff to myself.

 

I slowly let my hands fall into my lap. And then let my head turn towards him.

 

"My friend did it to tease me. I'm not easy or anything like that! I'm not going to give it up to you. I'm someone who wants to date someone and somewhere down the road do that but not without dating." I scowl, he was being cocky. But regardless I'm still mortified. "I mean not that you're bad looking or anything, I mean you are extremely good looking and nice. And my crush." My eyes widen and I whip my head away from him, , , ! Nice loose lips!

 

He laughs once more. "I know. Hyejin told me everything before class. I just wanted to hear you say it."

 

My mouth drops. Hyejin told him?

 

"What?" I look back towards him.

 

"She overheard heard me talking to Jaehwan about it and set things straight for you." He smiles.

 

"Oh." So I just freaked out on him for nothing then. He was only teasing me.

 

"But she didn't say that you had a crush on me." He smirks and I smack my hand onto my forehead, nice Riahn give yourself up like that.

 

"I'm sorry if you felt creeped out by the post or by me liking you, but well I do." I bend down to pick up my pencil that had fallen earlier. Where was that little at? My eyes finally land on it and I grab it, but I wasn't ready to return to my position yet. I was embarrassed.

 

"Who said I was creeped out?" I felt some of my hair being moved around. He was playing with a few strands of it. I gripped onto my pencil for dear life and started to sit back up. "In fact I was planning on giving you a chance." Suddenly my head bangs off the underneath of the table causing a huge ruckus.

 

"Ow!" I groan once I'm straight up again.

 

I heard Hakyeon chuckle.

 

"Miss Park are you okay?" The teacher is suddenly beside our table.

 

"Uh yes sir!" I rub awkwardly at the back of my head where a small bump was forming. Cory smirks at me from across the room and I turn away. Stupid Cory, I'll take this out on you after class! He was going to have to deal with all my whining once I'm free from this embarrassment.

 

"What did you mean a chance?" I glance at Hakyeon.

 

"Meet me tonight at the ramen place on 5th street and you'll find out." He shows me a peace sign and turns back to his homework which he had just finished.

 

My eyes scrunch, how did he finish it already? "I thought you needed my help?"

 

"Oh on this?" He laughs. "Chemistry is my best subject, I just needed something to break the ice."

 

"Right." I shake my head giving him the stink eye. "Wait so what time at the ramen place?"

 

"Five o'clock. Don't be late to our date okay." He winks as the bell rings, he packs up quickly and heads out.

 

"Date?" I mouth, oh my god. I smile to myself. So maybe today wasn't too bad. I'm glad my mom made me go to school after all.


A/N: Hope you liked! I got the idea from an actual Instagram post haha!