Ghosttown

Ghosttown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You know this special moment when everything was perfect and suddenly everything becomes far from perfect? Turns into the worst thing you could imagine? And without asking you before?
Such a moment happened to me.

 

The day it happened seemed to be a good one. My exams at college were over, the summer was nice and I was ready to enjoy the day outside. I was forced to stay inside long enough to study for my exams and even through I was rather the indoor type, my body badly needed to feel some sunshine.


At first the day seemed to stay nice for me yet when I was crossing the street, a truck was suddenly driving towards me even through the traffic light showed red.
Out of shock my legs didn't want to move anymore while the truck was coming closer with every second, unable to stop.
However without me noticing, I must have moved out of its way in the very last second cause when the truck stopped I was still standing on the street instead of laying under the truck.

 

That was the moment my life took a weird turn.
After the truck stopped people rushed to the crash side but they ignored me. I was wondering whether they had noticed that the truck had nearly crashed into me or not. However when I checked myself I was surprisingly unharmed which made me realize why the people ignored me: Unlike the people at the crash side I didn't need help.
Not wanting to stand in the way of the first-aid I left the crash side and headed home. I had enough of this day and all I wanted to do now was to go back home and build something with my legos.

 

When I arrived at home, I realized that I lost my keys. Ringing the bell also didn't help cause my room mate Seungri was most likely either asleep or partying again. This meant I had to go the whole way back to find my keys. The highest chance of finding my keys was at the crash-side I thought, yet I kept my eyes open in case I lost them somewhere else. I wasn't happy about this cause the crash side was the last place I wanted to go in that moment.

 

Unfortunately, when I arrived at the crash side it was widely shut off which made ma unable to search.
There were some policemen standing at the barrier tape which I tried to ask about my keys, but they seemed to ignore me.
“Hello! Did you find a key with a Doraemon-keychain somewhere near the crash-side? I think I lost them when I dodged the truck.” By now I was already shouting at the policeman in front of me, yet he still ignored me. And of course the “I want to talk to your boss.” was also ignored.

 

The only thing which prevented me from an outburst was a suddenly appearing Seungri. He was behind the tape and looked pretty awful. On the street before him, there was a body but I wasn't able to see much of it cause a white tarp was blocking my view from the body and the police only raised one side for my roommate. I could see how Seungri nodded and started to cry afterwards.
A thousand questions filled my head, but then I realized that it could be Jiyong's body laying there. He and Seungri were pretty close recently and I suspected that they were dating. Seeing the young love ripped apart by a stupid accident early broke my heart. Life wasn't fair...
“Seungri! Seungri? I'm here. Come here. Hyung is here for you.” I shouted at him, yet in his sorrow he didn't seem to notice me.
Soon a pastor came to him and brought him away.

 

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to follow them thanks to the tape, so I headed back home and waited for Seungri there.
Some time after it got dark he came back and I opened my arms for a comforting hug, yet again he didn't notice me. He slipped into our apartment before I was able to enter it myself. Neither knocking or ringing the bell helped me to come inside which meant I had no other choice but sitting in front of the door and wait.
 

To my surprise shortly after I stopped trying to make Seungri notice me, Jiyong arrived at our door. He was as alive and healthy like always, but his look spoke of sorrow, too.
“Jiyong, oh my god! I'm so happy that you are alive! At first I thought-”
Somehow again I was treated like I was air and after one knock, Seungri opened the door for him.
“I can't believe he is dead.” he sobbed while Jiyong took him into his arms.
“Me neither. Let's go inside.” Again before I was able to enter the apartment, the door closed in front of me.
Sitting alone in front of the door, I was back to wondering about what happened. Who was the poor guy who died? Youngbae? Possible.
Both Seungri and Jiyong were close to him, but Jiyong was closer to him than Seungri, so why was Seungri the one who was called to identify him? And why was everyone ignoring me?

 

The next day was pretty much the same as the afternoon and the evening before. No matter how much I knocked or ringed the bell, Seungri or Jiyong who was still with Seungri didn't open the door and the neighbours who passed me, ignored me too.
When I went out the day before I left my phone in the apartment and with my keys my wallet also disappeared, so I wasn't even able to call Seungri to let me inside.
No keys, no wallet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter