Mending

Just and only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Model Key admitted to the hospital due to an accident

Jonghyun stared at the headline of the online newspaper that Minho had guided him to a few minutes ago. He didn´t know how to feel or more precisely he couldn`t grasp what he was the most angry about and why he felt guilty. Was it because Kibum had been admitted to the hospital or was it because if it weren`t for his best friend he would have never found out? Probably both, Jonghhyun guessed. After reading the words hospital and accident his insides had flipped over and a tight knot began to form in his stomach. In physical as well as mental pain Jonghyun had shut down his computer and stared at it as if the black screen would change something about what he had read just now.

Why? That was what Jonghyun wanted to know the mot besides reassuring himself that Kibum was alright and not life threateningly damaged. Was he allowed to be arrogant enough and assume that it was his fault? What if the other had caused or got involved in an accident, because he had been absentmindedly, thinking about what happened? His insides twisted again and he could barely hold back the gag reflex at his own thoughts. Deep inside of him an evil part wished that it happened because of him, it would mean that Kibum cared enough to be bothered by what happened. Jonghyun wanted that he would mind and that was what surprised himself the most: He had terrifying thoughts just because he wished that he would still have a chance with the boy. Was he allowed to be selfish? He knew the answer without thinking about it for a second: NO. Kibum was the last person who Jonghyun should be selfish with, he needed to be selfless in order for the other to learn being selfish again. For him it was a conflicting situation that he had never been in before, because he never had been selfish. Only a few days ago Jonghyun would have been the last person that you would call selfish and demanding, he was always considering and judging a happening with a cool head and heart. With Kibum his heart and head had been everything but cool and calm and for once he felt how hard it was not to be selfish but considering and understanding. Would he keep being this way in the future? Would he never again be the son who was only Jonghyun? Would he rather be a friend than just a friend for Minho? For once in his life he wanted to be someone! Someone Kibum would respect! He ed up badly…

“Gosh” it slipped out of his mouth and he ruffled his hair furiously. “You are even thinking about yourself Jonghyun only!” he cursed.

He started his computer again, dreading every second that it took him to load until he finally saw the article again. Black on white. Or was it white on black? Maybe he would never find out. It took him a lot of nervous nibbling and considering until he decided to read the article, the whole article this time. Knowing what happened should be better than not knowing at all, right?

The articles author did not describe that precise what happened or in what condition the celebrity was in right now. It only explained that his company canceled all schedules for the next weeks. WEEKS! That could mean everything, and it probably meant something terrible.

Nibbling on his fingernails Jonghyun searched on numerous fan websites in his aim to find some fangirl who knew more than him. Pathetic enough that his best friend sent him the article, now he even needed to rely on fanbased websites to gain more knowledge, websites he would have never visited in any other situation. Jonghyun was beyond careless! He craved for answers that would calm his nerves and racing heart, he needed to read that the boy felt fine and would recover quickly. Maybe he even searched for confirmation that it happened because of him and what would he do with such information? Going crazy and searching every hospital in town… What Jonghyun needed right now was a chance. One chance to apologize sincerely and leave for good…maybe even move so the other could not find him. He needed to apologize! Finally he found a website that provided information via a few shaky photographs taken by a mobile phone probably.

 

Kibum was happy, he was feeling an overflowing and consuming happiness that felt like it would explode inside of him anytime. His tears were long gone, but after having no drop left he realized that he had never been crying because of sadness. Instead it had been pure relief, relief to have found a broken part of him and being able to tape it again. Jonghyun still invaded his mind every second of the day, but Kibum did not dread the thought about him anymore. As much as he was sad about what had happened before he could not deny that it had been necessary for him to heal again. Before Jonghyun appeared in his life, Key did not know that he had been broken in the first place, but the other had urged him to see himself from a different perspective and deep within himself Key had found something he had missed without knowing that he missed it: Kibum.

Kibum would have never thought that so little time with the right person could change everything he had ever known, but now he had experienced it himself. He would never go back to who he was before he met Jonghyun, but he knew that he hadn´t been making mistakes. Kibum felt that nothing in his live had been a mistake, not him leaving his mother, becoming a celebrity or meeting and kissing Jonghyun.

As the tears escaped him yesterday he had cried for his self who hid behind fashion cloth and fake blue l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter