Chasing

Just and only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun was a nobody. For his 20 years of life he was always just Jonghyun, only Jonghyun. When his family introduced him to somebody important for their business deals he always heard his mother say: This is just my son Jonghyun. When he was in school and his popular friend Minho had a girl he was fancying he always explained: That is just my friend Jonghyun. When Jonghyun himself had a crush on someone he always was the one to be dumped hearing that he was only Jonghyung and that he was not enough. Still he was not bothered by the fact that his name seemed to come hand in hand with the attributes just and only, because he was comfortable to be a just or an only. It could not hurt you. Jonghyun was not a risky and spontaneous person, but someone that was perfectly happy living in his own shell that provided a nice and secure life.

The most exciting thing that had happened in his life was when he decided to come out to his parents and confess that he was gay and that they would never get someone to inherit their company. But even this became only an experience in his life with his mother crying and his father screaming out of anger that his son was sticking his into weird places. It made Jonghyun blush harder than anyone else in that room, but he did not talk back, because his father had a point. It was just who he was and he became just gay.

Kibum on the other hand never wanted to be only Kibum and as soon as the chance was offered he became Key instead and Key was a celebrity. From when he was little Keys mother did not expect much of her son, he was just a bratty and sassy child who would never grow up enough to make it to something big. Maybe that was why little Kibum decided to become Key in the first place, but instead of becoming an honorable doctor or judge what his mother would have approved of, he became a model and actor. He became a model and actor that was well known for sleeping with clients without caring so much about gender. Key did not know what he liked the most about it… the meaningless or the unbelievable gaze his mother shot him every time they met. He did make it big and grew up handsomely but he used it in a way his mother would have never expected. Key loved that!

The most exciting thing about his life was that he never slept with the same person for a second time, because he didn`t like commitment in any way. Shootings ended after a day. Filming ended after a day and so did the affairs of Key. Don`t mistake him as some of these cold but beautiful puppets that could be found in his field of profession a thousand times, he was not like them. Key felt what he was doing and he treated everyone just as lovingly as they deserved it, but sometimes it killed him too, it killed him because he felt it. They came hand in hand, the empathetic Kibum and the hurting diva Key and to be honest, he loved both of them equally.

What would happen if these two persons meet for the first time?

 

Anonymity

 

“Yaaaa, what are you dreaming about you idiot?” a voice asked, but Jonghyun needed a few seconds before he realized that his best friend Minho was talking to him. What did he dream about?

“Uhh I thought about what we will have for lunch this day” he honestly answered and saw Minho shaking his head in exasperation.

“When will you grow up boy?” he asked and let himself fall next to his best friends for years. They met in elementary school and decided to go to the same university two years ago, so here they were still being best friends.

“Never” Jonghyun joked and grinned up to him pouting cutely.

“Oh Hyunnie don´t give me these puppy eyes. I guess you want to eat pizza. Just stop it, I will buy you your favorite” Minho sighed. Jonghyun knew exactly how to push his buttons, he definitely knew that he could never resist his goddamn puppy eyes. But at least they were both going to eat pizza for lunch and Minho really loved pizza.

“So what´s up? I didn`t see you at the party on Friday” Minho asked Jonghyun. The other only shrugged.

“You know that I am not the fancy type. I spent the day watching Sherlock, you know…the series I wanted you to watch for month now but you never even started” Jonghuyn hoped that his voice sounded as accusing as he wanted it to be. Minho at least had the decency to break eye contact for a few seconds to look down on his feet.

“You know that things with Suzy are going great right now, so I did not find the time just yet” he confessed. Jonghyun rolled his eyes because of his swooning best friend that was all lovey dovey if he was talking about his girlfriend Suzy. She must be some real beauty and she should have a nice personality, because Minhos free time he would spent with Jonghyun only decreased since they started dating and Jonghyun felt slightly distressed because of it. Maybe he was just a little envious, because he was the one being single now and he kind of craved for a relationship. It definitely had been far too long since he had last been laid.

“Don`t look like that! I have a surprise for you” Minho once again interrupted his thoughts. That announcement could mean the best or the worst for Jonghyun. The last time Minho wanted to surprise him they both ended up without clothes and were embarrassed to death, so he felt no need to repeat it. Minho had just wanted to swim and rang Jonghyun out of his sleep in the middle of the night so they could drive to the nearest lake to fulfill his wish. They both never thought about the possibility that some drunken guys had a similar idea: stealing the fools who wanted to swim their cloth in the middle of the night so they would need to go home . Another time Jonghyun had the worst hair style anyone could have and he looked like a lost dinosaur for month. But on the other hand Minhos ideas had led him to get the job at the mall he was working in now, so Jonghyun should not whine that much about his best friend ideas. He sighed.

“What is it?” he asked, trying to keep the curiosity in his voice to a minimum.

“I have organized a blind date for you” Minho revealed, grinning from ear to ear. Pheww that was not as bad as Jonghyun had expected and like he thought for himself, he was kind of desperate for it too. Minho had not that much time for him now so maybe it was a good idea to date and get in a relationship too, that way he could occupy his mind with something.

“I hope he is hot” Jonghuyn answered finally. Minho could not conceal his surprise that well. His best friend was one of the first persons that Jonghyun told about his uality and he accepted it without real surprise or revulsion against it. Still he never imagined his friend to agree to a blind date with a strange guy that easily, because to be honest Minho had never seen Jonghyun date any other guy. Maybe he was just good at hiding it. In all these years Jonghyun had been quite secretive if it came to his boyfriends, maybe because he was afraid that his friends would change their minds about him once they actually saw him kissing a guy. Minho didn`t want to think about it too much.

“You agree to meet him?” he asked nevertheless to get confirmation. Jonghyun nodded without hesitation as if this was something he did not need to think about it. Minho couldn`t help to smile.

“When?” Jonghyun asked.

Minho shrugged nonchalantly. “I never thought about you agreeing so I have not set up a time just yet, but I can do that right now if you want to."

“Do it” Jonghuyn pleaded.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter