Hurt

Amnesia

Yuri's POV

Several days had passed since the day I knew about the woman name Jessica who was no longer in my life for some reasons. Even though I told Taeyeon that I didn’t want to know what had happened between me and my so called ex-partner, it still bothered me sometime. Taeyeon had come to visit me with a lady today which was a bit of surprise to me, I didn’t know Taeyeon had such a beautiful girlfriend. They told me that she was a model and they met each other on the job, I guessed we had the luckiest job in the world. Tiffany was so friendly and cheerful, she told me a lot of funny stories that had happened to me before. She put the neatly cut apples in front of me and gestured me to eat.
“Yuri, do you still like models?” She asked after I took a bite into the delicious fruit. I pondered for a while at her question. So I used to like models? Did I date any of them? Is that Jessica girl a model too? Do I still like them now?
“I don’t know how much I like them before so I can’t exactly say I still feel the same way but I don’t think they are that bad.” I replied nervously hoping my answer didn’t offend her. Luckily she had a good laugh at my answer and I finally let out a relief sign.
“I have someone I want you to meet.” Tiffany said smiley, Taeyeon put her hand on Tiffany’s shoulder and gave her a disapproval look. Tiffany slapped her hand away and gave her a glare. I looked at the two of them weirdly and decided to ask question in other prevent them from fighting with each other.
“Who is it?” Without answering my question, Tiffany got up and ran out of the room. I turned to Taeyeon who only let out a deep sigh, I could see how frustrated she was. Not a minute had passed, Tiffany walked back in the room with another girl with her.
"Yuri meet my model friend, Jessica.” I dropped the fruit in my hand as her face and her name were evidently clear to me. Even though I unwillingly wanted to meet her for the past few days, I never imagined when I finally did, I felt this much hate toward her.

A lot of things had happened and before I knew it, it was already one month after the car accident that I got myself involve in. I got discharged from the hospital not long ago and went back to my apartment. Taeyeon insisted on me resting at her house, I declined and decided to go to work instead. Even though I still remembered how to do my job, I still had to sharpen my skill for I had been away for the whole month. As soon as I went back to work, I was overly welcomed by the girl name HyunA. She had come to the hospital many times before but never managed to stay long as Taeyeon didn’t seem to like her being around me that much. Getting back to work mean I ran into Jessica more than I wanted to. Since she was a pretty famous model and she had many photoshoots with us, that gave her plenty of occasions for her to meddle into my business all the time.
“You haven't finished your work yet? I guess I come early today.” I sighed annoyingly, normally I would finish my work fast and tried to leave the studio before she came in but I had too many photoshoots today to ran away in time.
“You shouldn’t have come at all.” I said without turning my attention away from the camera that I was busy cleaning. She had been doing this for a while now, bringing me to work in the morning and taking me home in the evening. I started to wonder how a famous model like her had so much free time to hang around me. Taeyeon had been whining all day asking me to reject her advance but I was too nice to do it straight to her face.
“You said that every day.” And yet you still didn’t get the hint. I ignored her and put my camera back into my backpack before taking my leave. She followed me in silent until we reach the entrance of the building. I turned to meet her eyes when I felt her hand on my shoulder.
“What?” I asked absentmindedly. She pointed to my growling stomach and asked me with a serious face.
“You haven't had dinner yet right?” I looked down a bit embarrassed, stupid stomach. I was trying to look cool and yet you did this to me.
“I can eat at home.” Figured how I didn’t know how to cook and my cupboards were filled with instant noodles, well I can eat deliciously at home since I love noodle anyway.
“I won't send you home empty stomach, let's go.” She said sternly as she held my hand. It was not the first time that she accidently did so or maybe she did it on purpose. I actually didn’t mind holding hand with her as it gave me a warm feeling that I didn’t know I was craving. But I still didn’t want to give her fail hope, so I took her hand off of mine and backed away from her.
“Er sorry.” She mumbled softly, her face had turned bright red and I felt so bad because of it but I didn’t say anything else and walked straight to her car.

Jessica's POV

I took my eyes off of the road for a split second and glanced at Yuri who was resting her head on the window and focusing her attention at the scenario outside. I regretted what had happened between us a lot. I broke up with her thinking only about myself. I admitted that Yuri’s coldness and indifferent toward our relationship had pushed me over the edge. I wanted to spend my life with her but I couldn’t do so thinking about how our love could fade away over our different personalities. But after I almost lost her in that unfortunate accident, I finally realized that I couldn’t live without her and we would be able to work through our differences if I hadn’t given up so soon.

Author's POV

After their dinner at Yuri’s favorite steak house even though she didn’t remember it until Jessica reminisced about how they used to eat dinner there almost every night, they finally arrived back at Yuri’s condominium.
“I'll see you tomorrow.” Jessica said as she turned toward Yuri with a sweet smile on her face. She felt so happy reminiscing about their previous relationship and today she felt like they were a couple all over again if only Yuri had given her a chance.
“Jessica, you don’t have to do that from now on.” Yuri broke the silent between the two of them only to throw a rejection at her face. She turned to Jessica and put up her phone in front of her.
“I’m sorry, maybe we can see each other at work as friends but we can no longer hang out because my girlfriend really doesn’t like it.” She said as Jessica’s eyes landed on the contact name that Yuri had put on HyunA’s number ‘Baby’.
“G-girlfriend?” Jessica stuttered softly, how could that be? That shouldn’t be happened, they were almost there. Yuri was starting to warm up to her and Taeyeon was starting to accept the fact that Jessica will always be in Yuri’s life and now that girl just came in and destroyed everything just like that? Jessica’s eyes were wailing up tears, she felt like it was unfair even though she couldn’t deny that she deserved it. Yuri didn’t notice those sad eyes of her as she was busy replying text to her new found love and before she knew it the love of her life bid her goodbye and walked out of the car as well as out of her life.
“Goodbye Yuri. I guess it's too late to save us now.” Jessica said to herself as she finally broke down in tears