Why do I fangirl?

The Life Of A Fangirl
I think this is the most common question I’ve gotten from people around me. They don’t understand why do I:
 
(1) Spend so much time on Youtube, watching videos of a certain person/group repeatedly every single day.
 
(2) Spend so much money buying their DVDs, Albums, Books, Merchandise, Concert Tickets etc. and even buying expensive gifts for them during their birthdays/special occasions.
 
(3) Talk about them like 24/7 non-stop etcetc.
 
But the thing is…I DIDN’T CHOOSE THE FANGIRL LIFE. IT CHOSE ME.
 
“Falling" for an idol is like falling in love with a normal guy/girl. You don’t know how it happens. It just happens. People can say “Oh I like her/him because he/she is good looking. He/She is really great at singing/acting/dancing.” But the thing is that, there are many people out there that are good looking, or are talented as hell… 
 
But why that specific person? IT’S JUST LIKE FALLING IN LOVE. There’s no reason to it and I can’t stop myself from falling in love with that person. It just happens.
 
Well I guess then people are going to say “But you don’t even know that person. How do you just fall in love like that?” Simple. It’s love at first sight. I’m sure there are many people out there that falls for someone at the first sight.
 
HAPPINESS & MOTIVATION
 
The other amazing thing about being a fangirl is that my idols make me happy and keep me motivated. 
 
I have lost count of how many times I felt so ty about life and my idols made me felt better. Just by watching their videos, when they smile and laugh, when they do silly and goofy stuffs. They make me laugh. 
 
Also, my idols are the ones that make me stay motivated through my school years.
 
During my secondary school years, I did really badly. I was failing many subjects and my teacher even told me that I should start working hard as my national examnations were nearing. It was at that point of time where I began liking this idol, and he really motivated me a lot. 
 
I told myself that I had to study hard. And I aced my national exams and was one of the top in class. He was the reason why my results went from really bad to really good. Strangely enough, I don’t even listen to my parents. But when my idols say I have to study hard, I study hard.
 
There was another time whereby I was having an intership arranged by the school and I really hated it. Everyone went to a company related to our course of study and I didn't. At that point of time, my mum got sick. I was afraid I didn't do well for internship as it was something not related to what I've learnt. My mum was battling her illness and had to make many trips to the hospital. The amount of stress I had was overwhelming. I would cry myself to sleep everyday.
 
But I was so thankful for my idols. The encouraging words they say, even though it is to a million other fangirls too. They are enough to make me feel like they are really there for me. Watching how hard my idols work to get to the top, I have learnt that if I work hard and put in effort, I’ll be successful one day. Seeing how they have so little rest time and yet they’re still “fighting” hard, makes me feel that the obstacles that I’m facing in my life is really nothing compared to theirs. 
 
That is how great of an influence an idol can bring to his/her fans.
 
NEW FRIENDSHIPS
 
Throughout my fangirling years, I have made so many new friends, some even from other countries. I think this is really the best part of being a fangirl.
 
I have a really close friend of mine that I met through Tumblr. We started talking because she was posting a lot of updates about an idol that I like. We talked everyday on Tumblr, and then moved on to Facebook, and then eventually to Whatsapp. I live in Singapore and she lives in the US. We have been talking to each other almost everyday for close to 5 years.
 
We have never met each other before, and we have such different backgrounds and yet we became connected because of our love for the same idol. I now am comfortable talking to her about everything. 
 
It's amazing how people of different cultures and backgrounds can click instantly because of idolizing the same person. 
 
The adults around me always say:"Once you grow older, you will stop fangirling. It's a natural process. You'll soon stop being that crazy, because fangirling are for youngsters." But to me, fangirling has really brought me a lot of happiness and I really think I'm never ever gonna stop.
 
With that I end off my very first chapter. I hope you all like it. It's really just my personal thoughts and views about fangirling. 
If you like, please subscribe! :)
Please comment on your views about fangirling. I would love to hear them!
If there are any questions for me to answer or any topics you want me to write about, please feel free to leave a comment!
 
Xoxo.