Chapter 2

Off Key
The auditorium was already crowding with students from all classes. Some eager, some bored. Yuna waved other the two, she had saved them seats in the front row. As they walked over, Jimin tried to look out for Jay to wish him good luck, although he didn’t need it, she thought.
 
    He’s probably doing something productive unlike his friends. She took a seat while the schools vice principle step on stage to start the auditions. Jimin sank lower in her seat bored as she watched group after group perform. Most of the girl groups were the same. Choa, Yuna, and her came up with doing a band concept, which was way different from everyone else. She started to become more confident with her performance as the time passed by. Performing now was a group called BTS, who seemed to popular with freshman class. She recognized one of the members from her math class.
 
   Jinyoung, the student class president walked up to them to inform them they were next and start to head backstage now. While backstage, Jimin could hear the cheers as the last group concluded their performance. Yuna sat down in front of the keyboard and Choa stood in the middle in front of the microphone. Hani handed over a guitar to Jimin and said “AOA fighting.”
 
    The curtain lifted and all the nervousness disappeared as she looked out into the audition. “A to the…”, she started while playing the guitar.  Gradually during the perform the students started to dance and clap along. When they concluded, they stepped to the front and took a bow. They were congratulated as they return to their seats. Jimin received a text and opened it: You did okay, I guess… Before she could reply, a student appeared on stage and she felt her heart stop. Jay began to sing a called Know your Name. All the female student students in the audience were swooning from his voice including a certain AOA member. She sat at the edge of her seat memorized from his vocals. She was then determined  that Jay Park must fall in love with her before the end of the school year.