Chapter 1

Off Key
  Jimin sighed for the fourth time today, as she looked out the window. Her science teacher was currently on a rant about global warning. But all she can think about was the senior showcase auditions after school. FNC High was known for there talented students in the performing arts program. Jimin blew her bangs out of her face and sighed.
 
     I hope Jay will be there, she thought. Jay Park. She had the biggest crush on him for as long as she could remember. The school bell rang which signaled that the class was now over. Without any delay, Jimin grab her backpack and rushed out of the classroom. All she could think about was impressing him that she accidently ran into someone's back and almost fell but a hand stopped her.
 
      “Hey, are you alright?” It was Gray lee, one of Jay’s close friends. “Aww its FNC’s cutest ‘rapper’”, stated Simon D while putting up air quotes on rapper. Jimin felt an arm loop around hers.
 
     “Leave Jimin alone, she raps just fine, right?”, Choa turned her head to face Jimin awaiting her answer. Jimin crossed her arms in frustration, she didn’t understand what his problem was.  But it wasn't just him though, many people thought Jimin shouldn’t be on the schools top ten female rappers list.
   “All seniors please report to the auditorium now.”, blared the loud speaker in the hallway. “I don’t know Choa, I still think Simon should have made the list for the top ten female rappers.”, said Jimin putting a finger on her chin pretending to think.
 
   “Female?”, asked Simon D. “Yeah, you surely act like one.”, said Jimin dragging Choa towards the direction of the auditorium. “Yah!, get back here.” shouted Simon D as Gray quickly put a hand on his mouth to hide his smirk. “She's definitely different from most girls”, he thought.