Chapter 2

You Are My Light
Chapter 2
I found myself waiting for the operation with Jeonghan. These days, I think I’m starting to get to know him better. He is always taking care of me and is by my side every time I need him. My trip to the clinic in which I am a volunteering in became easier thanks to him. He is my companion in my check-ups with Dr. Kim. I then came to know that he’s been friends with Dr. Kim causing him to have access to the files and see my profile.
 
I was about to lie down when I heard my phone ring. It’s Jeonghan! He really has good timing. He called when he’s the one I’m thinking of. I answered it right away and his angelic voice greeted me.
 
“Are you asleep already?” he asked softly. I shook my head in disagreement even though I knew he couldn’t see it. “Not yet, but I’m about to.”
 
“Are you not going to listen to tonight’s song?” he said with a hint of sulking in his voice. This was our night time routine. He would sing for me until I fall asleep.
 
“You’re becoming overly dramatic.” I said with a bit of laughter. He didn’t reply and instead began serenading me.
 
“The smile on your face lets me know that you need me there’s a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me the touch of your hand says you'll catch me if wherever I fall you say it best when you say nothing at all.”
 
 
In a little while, I felt my eyes close slowly. I even heard those three words that he tells me every night. “Goodnight, my angel.”
 
 
*************************************************************************************
 
 
We’re currently in a ranch. I originally wanted to go to the zoo, but I asked Jeonghan not to since I won’t be able to see what’s in there anyways. Jeonghan disagreed and argued with me. He decided that he would accompany me to go and ride a horse saying that even if I won’t get to see it, I could be able to experience it.
 
The staff from the ranch guided us in choosing a horse. Jeonghan was the one who processed everything needed before we could go horseback riding and I’m very thankful for that.
 
“Bella, this is Princess. She’s one of the most beautiful horses here.” I tried holding her head but she struggled. Due to my surprise, I quickly stepped backwards causing me to lose my balance but Jeonghan immediately caught my back.
 
“Princess doesn’t seem to like me.” I said with a pout. I heard him laugh as he pulled me closer to Princess.
 
“Who wouldn’t like you?” He said softly. I pretended that I didn’t hear it but those words made me blush. He assisted me in climbing up the horse. Princess suddenly moved and I thought that Jeonghan would left me alone making me call on his name.
 
“I’m just here, don’t worry.” The horse started to move around and I couldn’t brush away the fear that I am feeling right now. I don’t know what could happen since I can’t see anything. What if I fall down? Or what if we fall in a well? Such crazy thoughts entered my mind.
 
I felt Jeonghan’s hand on top of mine. “You’re shaking. I’m here Bella. You’re safe with me.” My fear instantly went away but it was replaced by the fast beating of my heart. He didn’t ride the horse, instead, he held my hand and assisted the horse to the direction where we should go.
 
“Don’t you get bored when you’re with me?” I asked him. I’m not saying that Jeonghan and I are dating but normal dates are usually watching movies or fireworks display. We can’t do those due to the fact that I am blind.
 
“How can I be bored when you’re with me? You know what Bella, It doesn’t matter what we do. I just like spending time with you.” Those words echoing through my ears made my heart race. He really has THIS effect on me.
 
 
*************************************************************************************
 
 
I came up with the most terrifying realization. I’ve fallen for him. I never knew the time nor the place when it happened. All I know is that this heart of mine beats for him. Was it because of his kindness? Was it because of the enchanting words he said? Or was it because of his sweet voice? I’m anxious of what I’m feeling right now. I’m afraid to admit it to myself.
 
 
*************************************************************************************
 
 
Tonight, we planned to ride a boat. I thought of confessing to him but what if he rejects me? What if he doesn’t like me? Aaaah! I don’t know.
 
He was rowing. It was a quiet night and with a refreshing, cool breeze. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply. This Is it. I am really going to confess!
 
“Jeonghan, uhm.” This is really difficult. I haven’t spoken a word yet but I’m already blushing. I covered my face and swiftly said “I like you.”
 
I didn’t hear his reply. I courageously moved closer to him and held his face. I felt his heated face. I don’t know whether he’s like this because he’s embarrassed or because of other reasons.
 
“It’s alright if you don’t like me. Just please answer.” I removed my hands from his face and bitterly smiled but he immediately snatched my hand and placed it above his heart. I could feel it beating fast which actually surprised me.
 
“I thought I was the only one. I’m glad this isn’t just a one sided love.” These statements swept away all the nervousness I had and replaced it with joy.
 
“In two days, I would be able to see you.” I happily informed him. He didn’t answer and instead gave me a hug.
 
It all began with a misunderstanding. Who would’ve thought that the guy beside me in that train would be my first love? I guess this might be the happiest day of my life. The day we confessed our love.
YOU ARE MY LIGHT; CHAPTER 2