Final

I'm The Third Wheel

“Taehyung, this is Jimin. I want you to guide him.”

“Okay. Sure. Hi, I’m Taehyung. So you’re the new worker.”

“I’m Jimin. Nice to meet you.”

A rumor that a new worker will start working this week is spreading fast for the past three days. Some say that the new worker is the cafe owner's nephew, that’s why he passes without having an interview session. And there is also a rumor saying that the boy actually is, so poor that the owner is pitying him and giving him the job.

But one thing for sure, Taehyung don’t give a damn care about it at all. He is someone who will not fall into the fake rumor easily unless it was a confirmed rumor.

Jimin stick to Taehyung for the whole day listening and taking notes in his mind of what to do in the cafe. Taehyung teach him on how to greet customers to how to bid farewell to the customer. Jimin and Taehyung quickly become close after one week working together. Taehyung can conclude that Jimin is a good boy, but a very shy one. But to Jimin, Taehyung is a very positive and a little bit unique not weird.

“Jimin, it’s lunch time.”

“You can go ahead Taehyung-ah. I’ve something to do.”

“But Jimin, you always have something to do when it’s lunch time. Do you really hate having lunch with us?”

“No! No! You know it’s not true. I-I just really have some work to do. I’ll promise next time I’ll lunch with you.”

That is the only reason Jimin can give to Taehyung whenever he ask Jimin to lunch with him. The truth is during lunch, his beloved sister will wait for him at the restaurant near the cafe to have lunch with him. His sister is one of the kind who has to check on her little brother every time. It is a miracle for Jimin when his sister agreed to not call him during work in return Jimin has to lunch with her everyday.

“Noona, err can I lunch with my friend next week? He’s been asking for lunch with me this whole week.”

“Sure. Besides, starting next week I’m not able to lunch with you anymore.”

“Why?”

“Err-you know my boyfriend is coming back next week. So I think I want to spend some time with him.”

“So you ditch me for your boyfriend? How could you. I thought you loved me more than him. Fine, I’ll leave you alone—“

“Jiminie, you know it’s not true. Okay, I’ll cancel my plan with him and—“

“Noona, I was joking. Don’t cancel it for me. I know you really miss him. And I’m sure my friend will be more than happy to lunch with me.”

“Yah, you brat.” Then both of them just laugh to each other. Jimin is so happy to tell Taehyung that he can lunch with him next week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Jimin, I’m so happy that finally I get to lunch with you.”

“Yeah, me too.”

“I have one more thing to ask you.”

“What is it?”

“Do you want to hang out with me tonight? Watching movie at my house and sleep over.”

Jimin doesn’t answer instantly because he has to ask permission from his sister first. But he really wants to hang out with Taehyung since he doesn’t have much friend that want to hang out with him since he is a very shy boy.

“Okay. I want to.” Well, he just needs to convince his sister that he will be okay and that Taehyung is a good boy later. But for now he is happy.

Jimin know convincing his sister won’t be so easy but he never knows it was this hard when his sister want to talk to Taehyung to ask one or two questions. Willing or not, he had to call Taehyung to talk with his sister on the phone.

The call last for thirty minutes before his sister agreed to let him stay at Taehyung place. But he need to call her when he arrives at Taehyung house safely and before he go to sleep.

“Wow, I can feel so much love from your sister.” Jimin can only smile shyly at Taehyung’s words.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They end their shift and is ready to go home, well it’s Taehyung’s house obviously. Taehyung stops to buy some snacks when they passed a store. Jimin is curious as to why Taehyung had bought lots of snacks that can last for more than one week buy decides to just keep quiet.

They walk home while talking about random stuffs and finally, when Jimin reached Taehyung’s house, finally he gets the answer to his question. The moment Taehyung opened the door, Jimin can see there are 2 people sitting in the living room in front of television.

“What take you so long?” one of the guys who was lying on the couch without looking at their direction questioned his irritation.

“I’m buying us some snack Yoongi-hyung. By the way—“

“Wow! Wow! Wow! Taehyung did you buy a doll? It’s so cute.” The other guy who came from kitchen can’t stop adoring Jimin face. He squishes Jimin’s cheek while trying to kiss it.

“Jin-hyung, stop it. This is Jimin, my friend at work and he is not a doll.”

Then someone slightly taller than Jin comes from nowhere and pulls Jin away from Jimin and stretch his hand out to Jimin.

“Hi, I’m Namjoon. Taehyung’s housemate. Don’t freak out. Jin-hyung is just can’t stand a cute thing.”

“But you know I can’t stand you too eventhough you’re not that cute.” Jin replied back while smiling coyly. Jimin can sense that there is something between the two but like usual he never takes the initiative to ask for some explaination.

Everything is confusing to Jimin since he thought that there will be only him and Taehyung for the sleepover. Never imagine that he will be going to spend his night with 4 other people. Not that Jimin hates it but somehow he is not very good at meeting a new people kind of stuff.

Taehyung dragged Jimin to the living room where the other two people are sitting. Now Jimin could see clearly that the person who named was Yoongi actually was lying while rested his head on the other guy’s lap.

“The one who is lying is Yoongi-hyung while that very bright person more than a sun is Hoseok-hyung. They are my friends and very special to me.”

“We are just your friends because that special term only belongs to one person. Am I right?”

“Don’t mind him. Yoongi-hyung always like that. Hyung, where is Jungkook?”

“Sleeping.”

“Jimin, sit here. I want to go and wake Jungkook first before we can start our night movie.”

Jimin nodded at it and awkwardly sit on one of the empty couch. Jin and Namjoon take their sit on the floor while searching for a good snack to eat. He feels like he is the third wheel to the two couples in the room now. Jimin doesn’t fail to notice how sweet Namjoon is to Jin when he offered the snack that he had opened to Jin and Jin while smiling beautifully take that snack. Then Jin will feed the snack to Namjoon like how an old couple used to feed each other without looking at each other.

Then the next couple who is comfortably sitting on the couch, Yoongi is dozing off when Hoseok plays with his hair. The way Hoseok sings a lullaby song to Yoongi make Jimin to be jealous of them because he always dream that maybe one day someone will do that to him.

“Yah Jungkook, you are so heavy. Do you eat rock or something?” Taehyung come to living room with Jungkook on his back. He is piggyback Jungkook from his room because he was too sleepy to walk. Taehyung lands Jungkook on the floor or more like throwing him making him to open his eyes widely.

“Hyung, it’s ing hurt. WHY THE HELL YOU DO THAT?”

The yell from Jungkook manage to shock Jimin as he slightly jump in his seat.

“Jungkook, calm down, you’re scaring our Jimin here.”

“What do you mean by our Jimin, Jin-hyung----oh I’m sorry. I don’t know that we have guest here.”

When his eyes meet Jungkook eyes, Jimin can feels how crazy his heart is now. His brain can’t function well as it is trying to process what is happening to his heart.

“Hi, I’m Jungkook.”

“J-Jimin.”

And that is how Jimin spend his night at Taehyung’s house. Being the third wheel to not two but three couples.

Jungkook is using Taehyung lap as his pillow the entire night. Jimin sit awkwardly again beside Taehyung who sit in between Hoseok knees. Taehyung will pat Jungkook arm to make him sleep better while talking with Jimin on his left.

Jimin hates this feeling, the one that he feels when he shouldn’t have been there in the first place like he was invading other people privacy. He makes sure to warn himself to not ever agreed to join Taehyung sleepover again because he might be the third wheel or the seventh wheel again.

Well that’s what he had told himself last week but this week Jimin himself doesn’t really know how he can be at Taehyung house again. AGAIN being the seventh wheel. But this time he is sitting in between Jungkook and Taehyung. In the middle of the movie, nature behavior called for him to go to the bathroom and he excuses himself without even noticing that two persons are missing right now.

Since he has been there once so he can find his own way to bathroom. Without looking straight he opened the door to see two people, two male guys are kissing or eating each other face to be exact.

“I-I...I’m sorry. I-I ju-just want to use the toilet to---“

“Jimin, we’re sorry. We’ll be waiting in the kitchen.”

Jimin has to wash his face so many times believing that he can throw that image earlier, the image of two guys kissing. But no matter how may times he did it, that image is still stuck in his mind.

“Err---“

“Jimin, we are so sorry that we had shocked you just now.”

“No—it’s—yeah. But-but believe me, I’m not disgusted or anything. I’m just shocked and I’m sort of known that you two are in relationship.”

“You do? How? Did Taehyung told you about us?”

“No, no. Jin-hyung, he never did that. I-it’s just-you know—your interaction was making it so obvious. Well at least to me.”

“Are you really don’t mind that two guys are in a relationship? Like isn’t normal for you? Are you one of us? I mean do you like guy too?”

“Yeah, I guess I don’t really mind. We can love whoever we want. And I don’t have the right to say that it’s wrong when two people love each other.”

Then Jimin pauses to look at Namjoon and Jin before continuing answering Namjoon last question.

“I never be in relationship before so I don’t really know if I like guy or girl.”

“It’s okay. I’m sure one day you’ll find your love.”

“Okay, let us go back to watch our movie.”

Namjoon stands up first before grabbing Jin and Jimin hand to pull them to the living room.

Jimin once again takes his seat beside Jungkook. But this time, Jungkook turns toward Jimin to whisper something that makes him to freeze.

“Can I borrow your thigh? I think your thigh is comfortable to be my pillow.”

Jimin doesn’t have time to process what had happened when suddenly he was being moved to sit beside Taehyung and now he has Jungkook head on his lap, on his thigh. Jungkook moves his head to find a better position. And that only makes Jimin heart to completely stop functioning well. Like it was fighting on its own to jump out from his body.

To make it worst, his soul has practically left his body when Jungkook hugged his waist while nuzzle his face to Jimin stomach.

The movie was long forgotten as Jimin is too busy on finding his soul back. Maybe dealing with his heart and soul is tiring him as he didn’t know when he started to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waking up in the morning while hugging someone else rather than his own family is not something that Jimin has done before. So, he nearly wanted to scream when a hand was hugging his waist and when he could feel a hot air was blowing to his neck.

“Good morning Jimin.”

Thanks to Taehyung voice that finally Jimin has remembered back the event that had happened last night. That the stranger that is lying next to him is one of Taehyung’s friends.

“Jimin, I’m sorry about that.” Taehyung said while pointing at Jungkook but not doing anything to wake him up as if it is the normal thing for Taehyung to see Jungkook was sleeping with other person than he himself.

“Just leave him like that. He’ll wake up sooner or later by his own since no one has ever success in making him to wake.” And Taehyung left them alone in the living room. How can Jimin leaves Jungkook like that when Jungkook tighten his hold on Jimin whenever Jimin moved to release his body from Jungkook’s hold.

“Urghhh, come on. Jungkook, please wake up. I need to pee.”

Jimin tries to wake Jungkook by shaking his body but fails. After many failed attempts, he just lays there in with Jungkook clings to him like a koala bear listening to the clock ticking and strangely, no one make a way to the living room.

And after 15 minutes, yes Jimin did calculate the time, Yoongi suddenly walking into the living room to search for something.

“Have you seen my phone?”

“Err, no.”

“Oh! Okay.” Then, Yoongi turns his body ready to leave the living room when Jimin shouted his name making him to stop instantly.

“Yah! What was that for? I nearly had a heart attack.”

“I-I’m sorry. Yoongi-hyung, can you help me? I need to pee but Jungkook won’t budge away from me. Please help me.”

While sighing, Yoongi walks towards them and swing his feet to Jungkook . Maybe he is using a little too much energy that makes Jungkook to sit up almost immediately. And Jimin wastes no time to spring to the bathroom as fast as he can but still not forgetting to thank Yoongi on his way.

“You’re welcome.”

Then, he leaves Jungkook alone without even looking at his face or asking whether it’s hurt or not because everyone knows that is not Yoongi style.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimin excuses himself everytime Taehyung invited him again after what had happened two weeks ago. Jimin can’t seem to vanish the image of him in Jungkook strong arm and he is very sure that he will only blush in front of Jungkook and embarrasses himself only.

“Jimin. Please! I want to buy a present for my friend but no one is free. Please! Please!”

Seeing how bad Taehyung is begging him makes Jimin to agree to go with Taehyung. After they end their shift, Taehyung waits for Jimin outside since he was not taking too much time to change but Jimin who is neat and clean person has to completely make sure that he is presentable before come out.

“I’m rea---“

“Oh! Hi hyung.”

Jimin feels the urge to run back inside but his feet choose the opposite way. Instead of running back inside, he found himself walking to Jungkook who is smiling to him like he is the only thing that Jungkook could see.

“Jimin, I’m sorry. Jungkook decided to join us at the last minute.”

“Uh-oh. It’s okay.”

“Let’s go.”

Their way to the shopping mall is filled with chatter and laughing since Jungkook can’t stop making lame joke that magically Jimin found himself laughing hysterically at that. In the blink of eyes, they stepped inside the shopping mall and Taehyung leads the way to his target shop which is the apparel shop.

Taehyung wastes no time to go and choose his present for his friend leaving Jimin to wander around the shop. Jungkook makes his way to the accessories corner. Jimin is too immersed in looking at one of the mannequins that he doesn’t realise Taehyung has moved out from the shop to another shop. When he looked around, no one is there and he is panicking. Jimin is searching for his phone when Jungkook called his name.

“Hyung, come here.”

The moment he saw Jungkook face standing not far from his place, he can feel a feeling that is too unfamiliar to him. Jimin can’t describe what kind of feel it is but one thing for sure, he is kind of to like that feeling a bit.

“Hyung, give me your hand.”

“Huh?”

“Your hand. Give me your hand.”

“Why—“

He looked down when he felt something cold touch his finger only to see a ring on his left ring finger.

“Wow, it’s fit perfectly there. Okay, I’ll take this.”

The ring stays on his finger just merely for seconds before Jungkook took it back to give it to the lady at the counter to wrap it in a box. By now, Jimin is so sure that the hot burning feel on his face will make the blush prominently appear on his face.

But there is slightly disappointment in his eyes when he saw Jungkook put that box of ring in his pocket. Not that Jimin wished for Jungkook to give it to him, nope Jimin won’t agree to that. Of course that ring is for Taehyung, obviously.

“Hyung, where is your house? I’ll send you home.”

“But Taehyung---“

“Don’t worry about him. He’ll find his way home on his own. Besides, he’ll stay here until this shopping mall close.”

“O-okay.”

They leave the shopping mall side by side in silence. On the outside it looks quiet but the inside of Jimin is like a rock performance that his ears are no longer can hear anything apart from his own heart thumping and the sound of his blood flowing or more like rushing to his face. The only thing that he can feel grateful is the dull lightning of the street that helped to cover his blushing.

“Wait! This is the way to Taehyung-hyung house.”

“Yes, it is.”

“Don’t tell me! You live there? At the same complex with Taehyung-hyung?”

“Err, yeah. But I live two blocks away from his apartment building, We two are neighbours.”

“That ing brat. Just wait till I—“

“I’m sorry? What are you saying?” Jimin is 100 percent sure that he had heard a cursing word from Jungkook but he asks him to confirm it.

“Ah! No. I said that it’s good. You can join always join us for sleepover.”

“Uh, yeah. About that, I think I can’t no longer do that.”

“Why? Do you hate us?”

“NO! Just—‘

Jimin can’t find a good reason to why he can’t join them anymore. Is there any good word to tell him that he can’t join them because he had fallen in love with Jungkook but without being so obvious about that. Sure, he likes to be with them but the feeling inside him that he had no control of it forced him to stop coming for them.

“Please! I want you to come.”

“Err-uhh, okay I will.” Jimin makes another notes to himself to never look at Jungkook face ever again or else he will drown in his cute sad face and agreed to whatever he says.

“I’m here. Thanks for sending me home.”

“Most welcome. Then I’ll see you again this Friday.”

“Okay.”

Jungkook only leaves when he hears a clicking sound from inside. Then he walks to the elevator thinking a way on how to murder someone slowly in the most painful way ever.

He had two or more ways by the time he reached in front of Taehyung’s house. Namjoon opened the door to not very happy Jungkook who has launched himself into Taehyung room without uttering any words to Namjoon.

“Rude.” That’s only word that Namjoon has that moment before he went back to his room.

Jungkook open the door, not bothering to knock first since he knows it’s unlocked.

“YAH!” his scream makes anyone in the house to have a small heart attack. Hoseok who was lying on top of Taehyung quickly moves his body to the side. Luckily, Taehyung and Hoseok is still has cloth on them or else it was Jungkook who will have a heart attack.

“The Jungkook. Don’t you ever learn to knock first?”

“Well. Knock! Knock! Are you in there Taehyung-HYUNG?”

Taehyung opened his mouth ready to nag at Jungkook but Jungkook is faster to cut him off.

“Why you never told me that Jimin live here. In the same apartment complex with you?”

“You never ask.”

This time, Taehyung pats his bed and he moved to lie closer to Hoseok making an enough space for Jungkook but he just stands still on his spot. Both Taehyung and Hoseok know not to tease their maknae or else something like this will happen. They also know Jungkook will cry soon looking at his teary eyes. Jungkook is still their maknae even if he always acts like he was the oldest one even to Jin, the oldest between their friends. Jungkook is just a growing kid who likes to act tough but will cry after getting hurt.

“Come here. I’m sorry.”

With that, Jungkook walks to the bed and lie besides Taehyung. They stay in silence before Taehyung starts to talk first.

“I’m sorry. I forgot to tell you about that. But it’s not my fault that Jimin stop coming here.”

“I know.”

“Just don’t do that again. I’ll do my best to persuade him to come here again.”

“Okay. Thank hyung. Hoseok-hyung, I’m sorry about earlier.”

“It’s okay. Now let us sleep.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today Jimin is working alone because Taehyung has taken his leave. It was boring without Taehyung but he needs to learn to survive alone since he knew Taehyung won’t always be there for him.

During his break, Taehyung send him a text message saying that they will hold a birthday party for Jungkook tonight. That’s why Taehyung took his leave today, to prepare for Jungkook birthday.

 After 5 minutes thinking whether to go or not, Jimin replied with a yes. He doesn’t want to be a bad friend who had broken a promise. He had promised to Jungkook to come again.

Jimin goes there with an empty hand since he didn’t have enough time to buy a present.

“Happy birthday, Jungkook. I’m sorry, I didn’t get you a present. I’ll give it to you next time.”

“It’s okay. I’m happy you’re here.”

Jungkook had to control himself from the urge to hug Jimin the moment he seen him eventhough the last time he saw Jimin was three days ago. Yes, everyone except Jimin knows that Jungkook had a very big crush on Jimin the first time he saw him. And tonight Jungkook has vowed to make Jimin as his. He planned to confess and of course his hyungs will help him.

“Okay, now everyone is here. Time to cut the cake.”

Jin comes from the kitchen with a cake on his hand and everyone starts to sing happy birthday song to Jungkook. He closes his eyes to make a wish before blows the candle out. It was Namjoon the one who started the icing war. And somehow the war ended with Jimin standing chest to chest with Jungkook while one of Jungkook’s hands is holding Jimin’s waist firmly.

They stare into each other eyes before Jungkook leaned forward to catch Jimin’s lip making everyone in the room to gasp before turning their face to the other side. The kiss lasted for three seconds and Jimin eyes grow bigger during that three seconds.

“Hyung, I love you. Will you be my boyfriend?”

“But-but-I-you---“

“I’m sorry if my confession is bothering you. But hyung I really like you. I-I’m sorry. Just forget what I’ve said. I’m sorry.”

The hand on Jimin’s waist is slowly losing its grip and Jimin hates it. The happy look on Jungkook face faded away and is being replaced by the sad look and Jimin hates it. The cute smile curve forming from the same lips that has kissed him has turned into a thin line is what Jimin hated the most.

Jungkook is still standing in front of him but it seems that he is slowly backing away from him. Jimin hates it, the distance between them that start to grow bigger. And Jimin does what he thinks is right at that time. He brings his hand that still on his chest to link at Jungkook neck before kissing him.

The lack of response from Jungkook left Jimin in dilemma. Should he continue kissing him or should he stop kissing him. But Jungkook is fast to answer his dilemma by kissing him back after bringing his hand back to Jimin waist. But this time, Jimin is slightly being lifted by Jungkook strong arm so that they can kiss in a more comfortable way.

“I think we should leave them alone.” Everyone nodded at Jin’s words. It was awkward for them to keep on standing there.

“Let just sit at the kitchen.”

“Yeah.”

Both Jimin and Jungkook only stop kissing when their lung screaming for air. Suddenly Jimin feels so embarrassed that he can’t look at Jungkook face. Whereas Jungkook can’t stop giggling at how red Jimin’s face is. He cupped Jimin face so that it was on the level as he but Jimin still can’t look at him in the eyes.

“Hyung.”

“I-“ one peck to Jimin lip.

“-really-“ another peck to his lip.

“-love-“ the third peck.

“-you.” The last peck last longer than before.

Jungkook finished the kiss with a final kiss on Jimin’s forehead.

“Hyung, do you love me?”

“Yes, I-I love you. It’s just that I thought you are coupled with Taehyung. Because, you know, you two are so close.”

“We’re bestfriends. Beside it’s Hoseok-hyung, not me.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, don’t you see it? The way they look at each other.”

To think back, Taehyung and Hoseok did act suspicious back then. They always disappeared and coming back to the living room together after some time. Sometimes Hoseok will come back with messy hair or Taehyung with swollen lip but Jimin was too busy dealing with his heart at that time to notice it.

“Hoseok-hyung and Yoongi-hyung have known each other for more than 5 years. That’s why they’re so close and sometimes people mistaken them as a couple like you do.”

“How about Namjoon-hyung and Jin-hyung? You and Taehyung?”

“How about we go to the kitchen and you can ask them about it.”

“NO! I can’t”

“Why?”

“I-I kissed you in front of them. It’s embarrassing.”

Jungkook really want to laugh out loud but seeing how red Jimin is, he stopped himself from doing so.

“Then, let go to my room.”

“Your room? But-but this is Taehyung and Namjoon-hyung house.”

No, it’s my house. Check the address that Taehyung had sent to you.”

Jimin takes his phone out and opens it to find the message from Taehyung. He read back and finally he realised that the house number is different from Taehyung house. The number stated in the message is 401 whereas Taehyung house number is 501.

“Wait! This is your house?”

“Yes, I live here with Yoongi-hyung and Jin-hyung. Taehyung live with Namjoon and his boyfriend, Hoseok-hyung upstair. So, can we go to my room now?”

“Okay.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Want to hang out at my house?” Namjoon asked no one in particular but he knows everyone heard him.

“Nah, too lazy to move.” Yoongi answered him.

“Yeah, me too.” Now it’s Jin turn.

“But, I don’t want to hear unwanted sound coming from Jungkook room.”

“I don’t think so. I’m sure Jimin won’t let Jungkook to do anything to him. I bet they will just be kissing tonight.” Taehyung placed his bet.

“Yeah, me too.” Jin agreed with that.

“Nope. Definitely there will be more than kissing.” This time, it’s Hoseok to place his bet. Namjoon and Yoongi are on his side. The losing team will have to clean the house tomorrow and also make a lunch tomorrow.

The next morning, when Jimin walks into the kitchen in very good condition, Namjoon knows they are losing. Taehyung and Jin shared a knowing look and are smiling happily.