Chapter 19

We Used To Be In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At Daniel's apartment:

There was a knock on the door. Daniel limply walked towards the door and opened it.

"Oppa! What happened to you?" Rose gasped, covering with her palm. She stared at her brother from head to toe.

"Let's get in first. I'll explain everything later" he hushed her and pulled her into the apartment before shutting the door tightly. 

As they sat down on the sofa, silence engulfed them. Nobody said a word as both of them were immersed in their own thoughts.

"Oppa"

"Rose"

Both said at the same time. Rose sighed and told him to speak up first. 

"We need to quicken our plan. It seems to me like we won't be going anywhere if we keep on procrastinating" Daniel said with a serious tone.

"Don't you mean your plan?" Rose rolled her eyes.

"Rose! What has gotten into you? I thought we're in this together?" Daniel frowned.

"Oppa, I'm really sorry. It's just that I see no point in continuing this plan of yours" Rose sighed.

"Our plan is not pointless Rose. Don't you realise just how much we have suffered because of the Horvejkul family? Because of them our pare-"

"Just stop it Oppa! It has been six years. I've let it go so why can't you?"

.......

"Do you think Appa and Eomma would be happy with what we are doing with our life now? We're just wasting time avenging them when we should be enjoying our life"

"Is this about Arthur? Are you seeing that guy?" Daniel balled his fists and gave Rose a death glare.

"...No, it's not about him" Rose stuttered.

"I swear Rose if I found out that you're still seeing that guy or even thinking of going back with him, I'm going to make your life miserable" he warned.

Rose looked down on her lap. Tears started to roll down her eyes.

"Listen to me Rose. You are better off without that bast***. He brings only danger to you and Chloe"

............

"Do you see these bruises on my face? I'm pretty sure it was his doing. He must have been angry that I hit him the other day. Do you see now what a violent person he really is?"

..........

"Rose, say something. Don't just cry like a miserable person. You still have Nichkhun right? I promise that my revenge will only involve his parents" he said softly and placed a hand on her trembling shoulder. 

"...I can sense it Oppa. Nich has changed...he's not the same sweet guy that I used to know. He's become somewhat cold and ignorant on me" Rose sobbed and covered her face with her palms.

"It must just be your imagination Rose. Or maybe he's just too stressed out with work" Daniel tried to comfort her.

...........

"Cheer up now" Daniel removed her hands from covering her face and stared into her eyes. They were full of sorrow and guilt.

"I can't do this Oppa. What if Nich found out about our plan? Wouldn't it trigger our marriage too?"

"He won't know if neither of us said anything. YOU must not say a word about this to anyone, do you understand?" He stared intensely at her. She finally nodded with hesitation.

"That's a good girl" he smiled and wiped the tears off her face with his thumbs.

"Now let's get back to our plan"

"O-okay"

"First of all, I'll be halting our plan to take over the company. Instead, we should kill the old man" he smirked.

"W-what?" Rose asked in horror. She quickly shook her head, indicating that she doesn't agree with the plan.

"You don't need to worry. I won't make you dirty your hands. I'll handle this and you just need to help me to distract Nich and his mother"

"Oppa, you promised that our plan won't involve taking the lives of innocent people!"

"He's not innocent Rose! He killed our parents!"

"But still! I won't go with this stupid plan of yours Oppa" Rose got up and walked towards the kitchen to look for the first aid kit.

Daniel stared at her and clenched his fists. He doesn't understand why his sister still hesitates. Doesn't she wants to avenge their parents?

"Oppa, yesterday Nich's mother talked about wanting a grandson to take over the company. Why don't we just go with this plan? Then we will steal the company from them after my son takes over the company. I think that's punishment enough" Rose suggested as she seated next to her brother. 

She opened the first aid kit and applied cream on Daniel's face that was covered with cuts and bruises.

"Ouch! But that's not enough revenge for what he did to us Rose" 

Rose got angry at his statement that she put force on his bruise. He winced in pain again.

"Please just go with my plan Oppa. I will make sure this plan works. If we kill Nich's parents do you think he will just do nothing? We can go to jail you know!"

"Argh...fine! You better not fail" he warned.

"I-I won't" she sighed.

"Mum, Chloe is enough for us. We don't have any plans to add another"

She sighed once more. How will she convince Nich of her plan?

"Rose, why don't you go back home and rest?" Daniel suggested, breaking her train of thoughts.

"How about you? Let me take care of your bruises first"

"I'll continue the rest. Get enough rest okay?" He stood up and pushed her out towards the front door.

"Wait! Promise me that you will lie low for the time being. I don't want you to get hurt again"

"Alright alright. Bye" he shuts the door in her face.

Rose sighed as she stared at the closed door.
-----------------------------------------------------------
At Flower Inn:

"Uhh...Steph? That guy is here again" Sunny nudged her best friend's arm. Stephanie looked at the direction Sunny was pointing.

"Oh no! What is he doing here?" Stephanie groaned. She quickly hid herself behind the counter. 

"Steph, he's walking this way" Sunny's eyes never left Nichkhun's figure. 

"If he asks for me, tell him I'm not working today" she whispered.

"But why? I clearly saw the way you enjoyed the kiss a few days ago" Sunny teased.

"Yah! He forced me you know" Stephanie argued as she pinched Sunny's leg. 

"Ouch!" Sunny glared down at Stephanie and then she rubbed the area where Stephanie had just abused her.

"The both of you were clearly guilty on that kiss.....erm...why don't you just tell him the truth about Zachary?" Sunny suggested. 

"I can't Sunny and you know very well why. So don't keep on insisting that I should tell him about Zachary"

"Well, you should at least tell Zachary about his father. He deserves the truth" Sunny rolled her eyes at her friend's stubbornness.

Stephanie was about to argue back when the door opened.

"Go to him and tell him that I'm not here" Stephanie whispered and pushed Sunny's legs.

Sunny glared at her before attending to Nichkhun who was looking around the place.

"Hai, how may I help you Sir?" Sunny asked sweetly.

"Hey, I'm here to meet my friend. Is she in today?" Nichkhun asked with a smile plastered on his handsome face. 
"Your friend? Who?" Sunny raised an eyebrow at him.

"Erh....her name is Tiffany" he chuckled nervously.

"Tiffany? But there's only two people working here. I'm Sunny and my friend's name is Stephanie so I think you got the wrong place" Sunny smirked, seeing how nervous he is right now.

"Yeah her real name is Stephanie but I like to call her Tiffany. So can I meet her?"

"Why would you want to meet her?" Sunny crossed her arms against her chest. 

"I want to take her out for lunch" Nichkhun felt like his heart is going to explode. Sunny made him feel so suffocated with her expression and questions.

"Aren't you the guy who kissed her the other day?" Sunny raised an eyebrow again.

"Erh....y-yeah" Nichkhun stuttered.

"Mind telling me why would you do such thing? You know I could just sue you for harassing my best friend" 

"I wasn't harassing her! I didn't know what has gotten into me the moment I decided to kiss her but she was enjoying it too" Nichkhun argued back, trying to defend himself. 

"Yah! I didn't enjoy it" Stephanie finally came out from her hiding place. She gave a deathly glare to Nichkhun, who gulped nervously.

"Fany ah, wanna have lunch with me right now?"

Stephanie gritted her teeth. How could he still got the nerve to ask her out after he accused her?

"I'm busy right now. You can just ask your wife to accompany you" Stephanie put on her poker face.

Sunny stared at the two while trying to suppress her laughter. She finds it funny that they are arguing like lovers do.

"But I want to have lunch with my best friend. Please Fany ah~" he begged.

"Why are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter