Damn.

Never Had A Love Like This

[IMPORTANT NOTE]

I’m sorry but I just realized I didn’t make a lot clear about “your” character. So basically you are from the US. But you moved to South Korea after university for a while and you happen to know Korean because one of your close family members taught it to you when you were little. You forgot some of it but managed to quickly learn it back in high school.

 


  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0EmM9nhwUQ 

Watch this ^^


"Alright what should we go on now?" HyungJoon was clearly happy after going on the Ferris Wheel.

"Hmm..." you unfolded the map that you had jammed into your pocket when you had just entered the park. Looking through the rides, pointing over the map with your index finger, you smirked. "How about this one?"

HyungJoon's smile disappeared at seeing what your finger was pointing to. "T-that one?"

"Yep."

"B-but."

"You aren't scared now are you?"

"Of course not! When did I even say that...pshh."

"Ok then, kaja!!"

 

With a smile on your face, you grabbed his hand and walked over to the rollercoaster. There were several drops and all of them were huge, but the biggest of them all was enormous. You were a BIG fan of roller coasters or any other kind of ride that gave you a thrill. That butterfly-like feeling you'd get in your stomach was the best part of it all.

 

HyungJoon on the other hand, wasn't the same as you; in fact, he DISLIKED it. The kiddy rides were the best to him. You felt him squeeze your hand and give a nervous smile. You almost felt bad and almost thought of not going on that ride. But that exhilarating feeling tingled in your body; you were going on this ride with or without him, but with him would be better of course.

 

"Come on HyungJoon. It'll be fun. And if you get scared, you can hold on to me."

He seemed unsure and for a split second, you thought he’d run away and escape.

 

But he didn’t. “Ok then. We’ll be in this together.” He then laughed, "If I get dizzy or something happens to me, I blame you."

Smiling, you replied, "Araso. It's a deal." The two of you waited in line for about thirty minutes until it was finally your turn to go on. The person in charge of seating everyone came up to you to tell you where to sit. You then told him quickly, "Could we go in the front?" The man nodded and seated you in the front. HyungJoon knew it was no use and sat down. He opened and closed his eyes, waiting for the ride to start, for the car to blast off.

 

"Hana. Deul. Zet." The light to go turned green and in less than a second you were off.

 

"Aaaghhh!" HyungJoon yelled, yet at the same time he seemed to be smiling. Could it be...that he was actually enjoying this? Like you were? There were a bunch of drops, loops, sharp turns, and then there was the last loop in which your photo was taken. You attempted to do the peace sign, but failed horribly. The ride was going way too fast and you ended up bumping your head into HyungJoon's and the two of you became dizzy.

 

"Gahh~"

 

At the end, after the ride was over, the two of you held on to each other to prevent the other from falling or doing something embarrassing. The two of you slumped onto a chair, laying your heads against each other.

 

[Ring]

 

You shot your head up and nudged HyungJoon. “Yah, HyungJoon”

He scrunched his eyes and groaned. “Wae??”

“Your phone.”

He opened his eyes and quickly took it out of his pocket to answer. “Yeobosayo. Ah? But…Araso.” He rolled his eyes as he shut his phone and stomped the ground with one of his feet.

“Who was it?”

“Hyung. He said we have to meet them at some restaurant. But I’m too tired.”

 

You got up, “Get up HyungJoon. Come on, I’m hungry.”

 

He closed his eyes, not wanting to budge. You sighed and then pretended to walk away. After a few minutes, he opened his eyes a little and was surprised to see you weren’t there. He rubbed his eyes, thinking he was just seeing things. How could you have left him behind?

 

But then you pushed him off the bench so he could finally get up. He groaned as he rubbed the spot he had fallen on. His was sore and you laughed at him, “Are you getting up now?”

“Yes.” He scowled, but dejectedly started to follow you.

 

The two of you walked to the restaurant and found the other four guys sitting down on the table.

“___!” HyunJoong smiled and politely bowed as he pulled a chair out for you. You laughed at his exaggerated chivalry. “HyunJoong, you’re really too much.”

“That I know.”

JungMin then asked, “So what did you guys go on?”

“The rollercoaster over there.” You said straightforwardly as you skimmed through the menu.

“Chincha??”

“With HyungJoon??”

“Yeah…so?” You couldn’t understand why they made such a big deal about it.

“Yah, don’t you know HyungJoon is afraid of roller coasters? When he was little, the ride he was on got stuck and he was left there for a few hours. Ever since then he vowed to not go on those rides again.”

Your mouth dropped. “What?” You then faced HyungJoon, “Why didn’t you tell me that?”

He mumbled, “You seemed so excited and I didn’t want to ruin your day…besides you didn’t seem like you were going to let me stay.”

“Oh sorry.” You felt a little bad, it was like you practically forced him into facing one of his fears. But at least you had fun.

 

HyungJoon smiled, “But it was cool! Except when we bumped our heads into each other. Then I felt a bit woozy. But that’s gone now.”

 

 

A few girls started to shriek from behind the glass window. Some began to chant,

 

“Oppas~!!”

 

“SS501!!”

 

All five guys groaned and banged their heads on the table. You looked out and noticed one of the girls was glaring at you, or more like a whole bunch of them. The others were excited and smiling, looking like as if they were going to melt any second now.

You muttered, “What the heck is up with them?” You were about to ask the guys that when you saw them putting on shades, zipping up their sweaters and putting on their multi-colored beanies.

*Oh yeah, I’m here with a bunch of ‘stars’. And they look like clowns, all the more easier to attract attention. *

The five guys huddled together and you watched them, uninterested in their plan.

 

HyunJoong then stepped in front of you, placing his hands over your shoulders, “We’re going to try to split up and then meet in the parking lot. Be careful. Good luck.” He smiled at you and exited the door with JungMin.

 

Soon after, YoungSaengie and Kyu Jong left as well. They were all fretting over you; they didn’t want to see you get hurt.

 

HyungJoon took a deep breath and got ready to leave. He turned to you, “Ready?”

“Um, why are we making such a big deal over this.”

“You haven’t really seen fans, have you?”

“Well when I went out with Kyu Jong, they just chased us, but we got away.”

“Here there’s a whole bunch of people. And most of them know who we are. They’re not usually happy seeing a girl with us.”

“What?! It’s not like I’m going out with any of you guys or anything. And it’s not even their business. What weirdos.”

“But they support us all the same.”

“Then you have some pretty strange supporters.”

 

He sighed and didn’t make any further comment; he had a feeling he had already lost the argument.

 

You followed behind him and the two of you ran as fast as you could to the parking lot, taking any shortcuts you needed to take. The crazy fans kept chasing behind, yelling all kinds of things. One tried reaching out to grab you but you brushed them off, taking a sharp turn to nowhere. All that was in front of you were bushes; it was a dead end. You heard some of the girls coming closer. One of them then said, “That girl came here, I know she did. What is she doing with our oppas?”

 

You hid beside the bushes, crawling away from them, hoping to not make any noise. Unfortunately, your hood got tangled with a branch and as you tried to pull away, the bushes swayed, making a very loud noise.

 

The girls heard and came up to you.

 

*Damn. They found me.*

 

One of them pulled you up. “Yah! Why were you with SS501? Who are you?”

You looked up at them in disgust, rolling your eyes.

“Did you just roll your eyes at me?”

“Maybe I did.”

“You!” She signaled the others to hold you as she stepped closer to you, breathing on your face.

*How can fans be like this? They don’t even know me and they already want to kill me.*

 

“Leave me alone. I have to get home.”

The girl scoffed. “Home? I don’t care! I want to know who you are to our oppas!”

 

“I AM NO ONE TO THEM!! Did you hear me? NO ONE!”

“How dare you yell at me??”

 

 

“Leave the girl alone.” A masculine voice appeared out of nowhere, and you recognized it.

 

*YoungSaengie.*

 

The girls were surprised to see one of their ‘oppas’ right in front of them. The leader spoke up, stuttering. “O-oppa. W-what are you doing here?”

He looked at them, raising his eyebrows. “Shouldn’t I be the one asking that? Why are you treating her this way? Michigaeso?”

“O-oppa.”

“Aish.” He pulled you towards him, wrapping his arm over your shoulder. He then whispered in your ear, “At the count of three, run, run like never before. Araso?”

You nodded.

 

Hana. Deul. Zet.

 

You ran like never before, feeling a new energy in you. Though your legs ached, you kept running until you spotted the four guys leaning against the white van. Immediately, they all came around you asking if you were okay. You looked back, wondering what had happened to YoungSaengie.

 

After a few minutes, he came panting.

You rushed over to him, “Kwenchana?”

He smiled at you, “Shouldn’t I ask you that?”

You hugged him and smiled, “Kumapta YoungSaengie.”

 

Once in the car, you fell asleep easily. It had been a tiring day and you couldn’t wait to get home and rest on your nice, warm bed.