MIDDLE (중간)

Are You Even Happy?

 

 

MIDDLE (중간) 

 

 

Once JYP had gathered all seven boys plus 3 managers and 8 cordi noonas in one room, he continued by conveying the big news.

“You’ll be debuting as JYP ENTERTAINMENT’S newest rookie boy group, GOT7 on January 16, 2014.”

There was nothing but happiness on the boy’s face, the omega and his English speaking friend automatically hugging eachother, while the three younger ones began to cry. The former group JJP was just happy watching their new group members rejoice.

However, Jaebum broke the happy moment by unveiling the white elephant in the room. “Are you sure Jackson can debut with us? I mean, he’s the only omega and he hasn’t mated nor experienced his first heat yet. How is he capable of suppressing all of his baggage while being an idol? It’s unfit.” Jackson could only look down in sadness and embarrassment when those words were spoken.

It’s the truth. Who was he to think he could debut in a group of 2 Alphas and 4 Betas? Surely he isn’t strong enough to withstand any of the possible side-effects no matter how much he works out and claims his mental strength.  After all, he was just a weak Omega that needed the constant protection and warmth of another being. And when Mark granted him that by taking his hand and stating “I’ll room with him and take care of him every day. I’ll protect him. Jackson has to debut with us,” He felt eternally grateful for the quiet older’s constant care for him. JYP and the others could only grimace at the older’s words, since the two were getting awfully close; and too much so for comfort.

“Fancy thinking you could handle that burden; I’ll room with him instead,” Jaebum stated and the room’s attention was now thrown to him. Even Jinyoung who had known him for years couldn’t understand just what the older was trying to accomplish. But JYP agreed, as that was his plan from the start; but Mark’s protest ultimately led to the three-way sharing of a room consisting of two beds.

Once the meeting ended, Jaebum as the leader gathered all of the information they needed to know, as there were approximately four months before their debut. [CURRENT DAY: OCTOBER 10TH 2013]

The boys were satisfied of their dorm; it was spacious, included a kitchen, had 3 rooms, and was directly under Amber’s loft. The three English speaking members went straight to her apartment and left the other four members to set up the rooms. Jaebum went straight to the biggest one and opened to find only two beds, with a potential mini-room attached. Since there would be three people in there, he took the smaller room that was attached and began setting it up. He blew up his air mattress; which painfully took 30 minutes—and about 20 years from his lifespan. He arranged his clothes in the dressers provided, hung up family photos and motivational posters, put his diary in a secret spot, and continued to decorate the small space to his liking. However, there was no way to put a curtain up that could separate his room from Mark and Jackson’s the rooms were connected and had a see through sliding door from only his perspective; the other two couldn’t see him, but he could see them.

But somehow, he didn’t bother putting a curtain on the other side; call him a stalker, but he was only interested in the matters of two in order to benefit the team’s teamwork. He began to put the finishing touches onto his bed, a.k.a a small plushie of his kitten, when Mark and Jackson arrived in the room. They both immediately ran for a bed of their liking, jumping around until Jackson’s personal manager put an end to their child’s play.

It was confusing to all of GOT7 as to why certain members were paired up with eachother, but it became obvious when they realized their standings. Jackson was given his own that specialized in Omega needs, while the Alphas and Betas were given one respectively. It seems to Jaebum as though there was something extra to Jackson as a person that explains why JYP was so bent on having the younger join the group. Maybe it’s the potential impact he’ll have on the Korean Industry with his clever antics, or the fact that his intelligence and foreign language abilities were that of a genius.

But whatever it is, Jaebum has his heart set on figuring it out.


Mark and Jackson were on their to a convenience store to pick up some deserts and commodities for the others after setting up their room faster than others.

When they first entered their room, Jackson had wondered where JB was; after all the two of them including Mark were supposed to share a room. But his manager told him that Jaebum had chosen to stay in the smaller room attached to his and Mark’s so the older could still watch over him. Even though his first impression of Jaebum after their meeting with JYP was a little negative, he’s convinced that the Im leader really does care for him; regardless of his harsh words and cold stares.

Jackson has his heart set on figuring out just what Jaebum’s intentions are.


The store they planned on going to was closed, but Mark luckily noticed one across the street that they could go to. He wondered if the open feeling he has while roaming the streets would be completely stripped from him when he debuts; and the answer, though obvious terrified him and his quiet, private self. He tried to forget about his future as an idol and began searching for some things the boys would like. He picked out some choco pies and other candies, while Jackson found some ice creams they could enjoy. Even if it was straight from their wallets, Mark and Jackson believed in doing whatever it takes to help their team out.

As trainees, they’re given only a small amount of money to live by day by day, a little more than YG’s famous ‘ 5 dollars a day’ tip. None of them had jobs, and their managers and cordi noonas all had separate apartments. It was up to them to get together and find food to eat by joining their money, but it was late at night and their savings were gone. Mark found a job at a small café ran by a nice grandmother he happened to run into, and his paid an average of twelve dollars on hour; after all, he’s quite handsome and the customers always leave him a generous tip.

So when he told Jackson to accompany him to buy snacks for the others, the younger could instantly feel the authority, care, and genuine want that Mark had for the new group. When they left the store, Mark has spent a total of forty-five dollars on snacks for the group; approximate to the amount they spend on food every day. Jackson could only wonder why the latter only let him pay ten dollars on the fifty-five dollar haul they had gone on; his wallet could’ve handled half. But the look on Mark’s face told him that he was completely satisfied with his now empty wallet.


They got back home to find the five other boys huddled in front of a massive TV playing what seemed like street fighter. And when they heard the rustling of what sounded like grocery store bags, they were undeniable happy to find that the other two had gone out to get them food, contradicting their pretense of ‘roaming the streets’. Mark put away half of the snacks for another day, and left the rest on the living room floor, taking his leave for sleep; it was one thirty-five in the morning.  

But when Jackson sat down next to Bambam, the others shot him with the much expected questions. “How did you guys manage to buy us food?” “How did you know we were hungry?” “Where’d the money come from?”

The fencer only said “Mark-hyung spent money on all of this for us; he wanted to treat you guys since we’ll be debuting together. He seemed like he genuinely wanted to help you guys since he left for the store with me in a rush after you guys said you were hungry.” He was met with unreadable looks; the others couldn’t believe that someone they weren’t particularly close to would spend so much money on them in a rush just because they were hungry.

Jaebum could only look at Jackson and the receipt, noticing that it said TEN DOLLAR PURCHASE BY JACKSON WANG under FORTY FIVE DOLLAR PURCHASE BY MARK TUAN.

Maybe there really is something extra to Jackson Wang that’s responsible for slowly intriguing him more.


 

WORDS: 1469