BEGINNING (처음)

Are You Even Happy?
 

BEGINNING (처음)

 

Things had only started changing between Jackson and Jaebum after a certain incident. Though neither of them could explain just what changed, they knew for sure things between them would never be the same.

The Korean music industry consists of Omegas, Betas, and Alphas. The three types were always near each other, yet they integration of all three into one group has always been forbidden. After  one group that rose to fame and disappeared like a firework after in-group mating, this lesson was always taught; never allow an Omega and an Alpha in one group. Especially if its an all boy group.

So every company followed that rule, JYP doing so meticulously. With 2PM being all Beta and Alpha, while MissA being only Beta, the groups rose to fame and stayed at the top. However, during the creation of his newest boy group, Jinyoung couldn't bring himself to exclude Jackson Wang from it. He fit in so well with the boys; all seven of them being friends far before the announcement of GOT7.

And so, JYP eventually broke and allowed for GOT7 to become a deadly mixture of two Alphas, one Omega, and four Betas.  Yet, despite what his frenemies Yang and  Sooman said to him about the "obvious failure the group will have," the rumors of the not-yet debuted group GOT7 let them rise to fame undeniably quick. Maybe it's a marketing strategy JYP's trying out.

But JYP was still concerned for Jackson. The boy become more and more unstable as time passes by, his  job as an idol preventing him for taking his necessary supplements. Although Mark was of help, the older always comforting Jackson to sleep while he was in pain, Jinyoung only worried more that Mark and Jackson might become attracted to one another.

It seems like JYP's concerns were correctly placed, but not on the correct people. How was he to know that Jackson and Jaebum were destined to be mates far before their initial interaction?

During GOT7's first meeting as trainees, Jackson was nervous to see his friendly competition. After all, as an Omega making it into a group and actually debuting was a very difficult task; his hyungs from Super Junior taught him that well. However, with Mark by his side, an Alpha he grew to know after the discovery of their equal fluency in English, he felt a little more comfortable; that hand intertwined with his made him feel weird, almost too cozy.

When practicing for the first time, Jackson and Mark were interrupted by five other boys of similar age walking into their studio. Filled with seven clumsy boys with pointed looks, the room held some that were clueless of their adjacent’s existence.

The tense and quiet atmosphere was broken, when JYP himself walked into the door. He ordered Mark and Jackson to greet the other boys, who were to be from then on viewed as enemies and enemies only from Jackson's eyes specifically. JYP couldn’t let such a talented young Omega go to waste through unnecessary bonding with one of his other trainees. He could tell by the way Mark continuously hovered over Jackson when the latter was near an Alpha that the two of them were too good of friends.

So, later that night, after the short yet comfortable meeting JYP held with the soon-to-be GOT7, the seven boys moved into a new dorm. He would tell them of their scheduled debut in January and run over their positions and concepts. Yet, Jackson was still a touchy subject. He met with the younger every couple of weeks to have him meet with his doctor for heat medications, but Park Jinyoung still felt like Jackson needed to be watched over more.

He assigned Im Jaebum, Jackson’s future teammate, to be the latter’s protector. Although it’s risky to put and Omega and an Alpha in one room together and force them to spend a large amount of time together, JYP somehow thinks it’ll work out just right. After all, Jaebum already told him he hated Jackson for the younger’s unnecessary want for attention.

Maybe this’ll make them better friends.


 

 

WORD COUNT: 706